Welcome to the This Is Anfield Forums

Please login or register to begin posting and debating all things Liverpool FC. You can follow the website on twitter @thisisanfield and the forums @tiaforums.

Photo

Marc PELOSI: 2012/13

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Nikola13

Nikola13

"...Ali čvrstu veru u pobedu krajnju..."

• TIA Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,170 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

Posted Image

First Name: Marc
Surname: Pelosi
Position: Defender/midfielder
D.O.B.: 17 Jun 1994
Nationality: United States of America

#2 OhYaBeauty

OhYaBeauty

Stevie ISNT an attacking mid; hes a deep lying playmaker

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:35 AM

Remember watching him play wide left in a reserve match not too long ago and was very impressed by his movement in the final third and he picked up two goals on the day. Not bad for a central midfielder who gets put at left back and on the left wing because he's left footed.

#3 SF Red

SF Red

TIA Regular

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

Liverpool FC player from Sunnyvale learning soccer ropes

By Elliott Almond

LIVERPOOL, England -- Budding soccer star Marc Pelosi lives a couple blocks from the cradle of British rock music.
But the long-limbed Sunnyvale teenager hasn't explored all the tourist spots that pay tribute to where the Beatles got their start a half century ago.

Pelosi, 18, doesn't have time for anything but soccer -- Liverpool's other passion. The midfielder has spent the past year developing his game for the storied Liverpool Football Club in hopes of someday playing in the English Premier League while also representing the United States in major international tournaments.

He turned down a chance to play in college or with Major League Soccer to become one of the few young Americans to try to advance through a foreign youth academy.

According to the website Yanks-Abroad.com, 18 Americans are playing on the senior sides of English clubs, including eight in the top-level Premiership.

Pelosi is leaving nothing to chance. He marshals all his time and energy for training and playing games as a member of the under-21 Reserve League roster.

"Every time we have a game we get the next day off," Pelosi said in a café near his apartment. "I usually just go out with friends to eat and then go home and sleep in until 1."

That's pretty much it.

It's also why Pelosi, a gifted left-footed midfielder, receives glowing reports from Liverpool's academy staff.

"He's the kind of person that has great mentality," reserve team coach Rodolfo Borrell said. "He has it in his mind he wants to be a top professional player. He's trying to get it."

Pelosi has moved around the field this season but appears to be settling in as an attacking midfielder. He scored two goals last month against Manchester City in his first start of the regular season for the youth squad. The season runs through early December.

Borrell added Pelosi brings a positive, hardworking attitude to camp every day. "He's never looking for excuses," the Spanish coach said. "He's looking forward to learning day in and day out."

Pelosi has learned much in the past 21/2 months under Borrell, who coached Lionel Messi when the Argentine star joined Barcelona FC as a kid. Borrell also trained Cesc Fabregas, Gerard Pique, Jordi Alba and Christian Tello -- current Barcelona stars with Messi.

It's difficult to fathom Pelosi getting similar tutelage in the United States, even if American coaches are as knowledgeable and seasoned as Borrell. MLS began in 1996. Liverpool FC has 120 years to its credit as well as a special exhibit at the Museum of Liverpool about its rivalry with neighbor Everton.

The one historical note Pelosi has learned involves the Titanic. "It took off from Liverpool," he said.

Last season the former Bellarmine College Prep student lived with a family while acclimating to his new city along the Mersey River. But now Pelosi has moved into his own apartment in a building where a few teammates live.

The compact city center is cluttered with shopping characteristic of a giant American mall. It doesn't offer Parisian-style daily produce stands along side streets. Instead Pelosi shops at a U.K. department store chain that feels like an upscale Walmart.

He's still learning to cook. His mother, Birgit Pelosi, visits often from the South Bay to make sure he enjoys home cooking.

The overall experience isn't entirely new though. Pelosi was one of 40 players invited to be in residency with the U.S. national under-17 team in Bradenton, Fla., when he was 15.

The way Pelosi handles his freedom has left U.S. coaches optimistic. Under-20 coach Tab Ramos calls him a "no-miss" type of player.

"He's at the top of what we have," said Ramos, formerly a U.S. national team star. "It's not like we've had 50 players at Liverpool over the past 10 years. And he's probably the only one Liverpool has high hopes for."

Ramos sees Pelosi as an "all-terrain" midfielder who has a foot in the offense and defense. Borrell has used him throughout the midfield and also as a left outside back.

The player welcomes the variety because "for the rest of my career I can play any of those positions."

http://www.insidebay...ng-soccer-ropes

#4 Nikola13

Nikola13

• TIA Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,170 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

It would be nice if this lad could nail down one position for himself as players like these tend to become victims of their versatility. He's a hard worker, has good technique and he seems like someone who could develop an eye for a goal, though it's still early to tell.

#5 OhYaBeauty

OhYaBeauty

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

I'd like to see him stick to being a central midfielder. He's impressed out on the left wing, but it doesn't seem like his natural position at all and he doesn't seem like the type of winger BR (I think we might have Rodgers for a long time. Hope so, at least) likes to use. He's put in decent shifts at left back, but we have Robinson there already.

I think with his technique he could learn to play the Allen role in our midfield. We already have a few gifted AMs coming through in Shelvey and Suso; why not train Pelosi to be a pivot? General consensus is that Coady and Roddan aren't quite LFC caliber. I wouldn't try to make Pelosi a DM, but I think he could play a disciplined role in the midfield.

Thoughts?

#6 gr_sounder

gr_sounder

Santa's Informant

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

Pelosi is definitely not a winger... he was (hopefully) only playing outside because there was a need to have someone playing out there and there was a glut of players in the middle, and he was the best option due to his flexibility. I don't expect him to end up being a winger nor an outside back if he makes it to the (a) senior squad.

I agree with Nikola that I hope he can nail down a spot on the team. Right now his versatility could be both a help to getting game time and a hindrance for long term development.

#7 Zoran

Zoran

Absolutely bobbins.

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

He looks like someone who is capable to play quite a few different roles/position up and down the left side of pitch, not only out wide but in the middle as well. That praise from Borrell is interesting and a type of praise you don't hear very often so I'm glad to find that out about Marc.

#8 SF Red

SF Red

TIA Regular

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

U.S. starlet Marc Pelosi raising expectations at Liverpool FC
Goal.com spoke with Pelosi and his coaches at both Liverpool and the U.S. national team. Both sets of coaches believe that the midfielder has a bright future.

A few eyebrows were raised when Californian teenager Marc Pelosi joined Liverpool's youth academy last November.

Pelosi declined offers from UCLA and Major League Soccer, the traditional routes for young American prospects, to join the English soccer giant. Many wondered if the then 17-year-old midfielder would make an impact during his stay at Merseyside or fall wayside like the way Anton Perterlin did at for Everton in 2008.

So far, it has been a wise decision by Pelosi. In his first year with the Reds, Pelosi has made quite an impression on the team's coaching staff. Liverpool's Academy Director Frank McParland believes that once Pelosi develops his talent, he can be one of the best central midfielders in the English Premier League.

"He reminds me of Gareth Barry of Man City," McParland told Goal.com. "We think he has really high potential."

According to McParland, there aren't many young midfielders who come into English youth academies with the rare combination of size (Pelosi is 6 feet tall), speed and passing ability as the American does. Though the expectations are high for Pelosi at Liverpool, McParland and the team's coaching staff have been careful about bringing him along slowly.
Liverpool Academy Director on U.S. talent

“I think there are lots of players in America who can play here, the problem is the work permits situation.”

- Frank McParland

Liverpool ensures that its youth academy players are a close-knit unit despite the fact that all of the players are competing for first team opportunities.

Outside of training and working out together, the players live nearby each other in an apartment building in the city's center. If necessary, they attend high school and continuing education classes together in private classes separate from normal students. They eat at least two meals together every day. It's an insulated environment but it allows the club to protect its young players from the obvious social pressures of playing soccer in England especially in the Merseyside.

Pelosi admits that the adjustment from being a young man in California to a full-time soccer player was tough at first but was thankful for the team's approach.

"When I first moved, it was hard." Pelosi told Goal.com. "I didn't have too many friends, but the people at the club really helped in fitting in."

Now, Pelosi sees Liverpool as his second home. His friends, fellow youth teammates, are close-knit but isolated from distractions. It is the trade off for having an opportunity to learn from some of the world's best. Dealing with high expectations is exactly why Pelosi decided to pick Liverpool over MLS and college in the first place.

"I choose Liverpool because it is such a big team and it is well known. I thought it would be a good fit for me," Pelosi explained.

When Pelosi first learned of Liverpool's interest, he admits it was "pretty overwhelming," though he remained focused on impressing in various U.S. youth competitions. While it all happened pretty quickly for him, McParland reveals that the club had scouted Pelosi for almost two years before deciding to sign him. Since he was born in Germany (he lived in the country until he was three years old) and his mother is also German, it was easy to bring Pelosi abroad.

McParland is a big admirer of American talent. He characterizes the typical player from the U.S. as having "exceptional attitudes" and being "physically fit." He believes that there will continue to be an influx of American talent in Premier League though he explains that it is continually difficult to import players due to the United Kingdom's work permit system.

"I think there are lots of players in America who can play here, the problem is the work permits situation," McParland said.

McParland explains that one way that teams are beginning to counteract the UK's strict immigration policies is by affiliating themselves with feeder clubs where the player can stay until he qualifies for a permit or attempt to gain a second nationality. Liverpool is currently doing that with Pelosi's youth compatriot Villyan Bijev, who was unable to secure a work permit upon arriving at the club.

"That's [the work permit system] not going to change so it's progressive clubs who will put players into feeder clubs and that's going to be the best market for the American player," Parland said.

Fortunately for Pelosi, all he has to focus on is his development. One of the perks of joining a club with such a lengthy tradition is being able to learn from some of the best. Before he joined Liverpool in 2011, he long admired the team's icon Steven Gerrard, watching the midfielder from thousands of miles afar on his television back home in the U.S.. Within Pelosi's first few months of being at the club, he immediately had a chance to learn under the legendary midfielder.

Gerrard was recovering from lengthy injury spell and played with Pelosi in the reserves. During certain training sessions, the England captain would speak with the team's young talent, including Pelosi. Adding to Pelosi's surreal experiences, he also had an opportunity to train directly with the first team squad and have brief chats with head coach Brendan Rodgers.

It is that education that Pelosi's U.S. U20 manager Tab Ramos believes will bode well. Ramos hinted that he doesn't expect Pelosi to feature for the U.S. anytime soon as he needs to play in first team games first but likes what he has seen so far.

"We think he's someone who could [eventually] feature for the national team for the next decade," Ramos told Goal.com.

Luckily for both the United States and Liverpool, Pelosi makes it pretty clear that he wants to be a part of the first team sooner than later. He isn't interested in searching for a loan move to get extra playing time. He looks at the recent progress of Liverpool starlets Raheem Sterling and Suso and believes he can follow suit into Rodgers' plans.

"Those players were training and playing with us on the reserves and it was just to great to see that you are on their level, you just have keep working hard every day," Pelosi said. "It's everyone's dream to play for the first team."

- One player that left quite an impression at Liverpool is Chivas USA's Juan Agudelo, who is linked with a possible move to Celtic in January. Agudelo spent a two-week training stint with the Reds during the MLS offseason late last year.

McParland didn't get to see much of Agudelo as the striker worked almost exclusively with the first team but got rave reviews from a former first team coach who is now the manager of high-flying West Brom.

"Apparently, I know the first team staff were really impressed with him," McParland said. "They said he was a very good player. I remember [West Brom's head coach] Steve Clarke saying to me that he did really well when he was with the first team."

-McParland envisions Pelosi as an attacking central midfielder. He admits that Pelosi isn't good enough defensively yet to play in a two central midfield system but in a 4-3-3 flanked by a strong holding midfield, he can be very effective.

"I think he's more of an attacking player. He has an intelligence when he has the ball, he sees the pass very well," McParland said.

http://www.goal.com/...at-liverpool-fc
  • SGM likes this

#9 OhYaBeauty

OhYaBeauty

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

"He reminds me of Gareth Barry of Man City," McParland told Goal.com. "We think he has really high potential."

-McParland envisions Pelosi as an attacking central midfielder. He admits that Pelosi isn't good enough defensively yet to play in a two central midfield system but in a 4-3-3 flanked by a strong holding midfield, he can be very effective.

"I think he's more of an attacking player. He has an intelligence when he has the ball, he sees the pass very well," McParland said.

Hmmmm....

#10 SUPER PORK CHOP

SUPER PORK CHOP

I am Sharon Stone's Cousin

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,592 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

I want him in the side NOW.

#11 gr_sounder

gr_sounder

Santa's Informant

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

He's been with Liverpool for over a year and hasn't featured in a single Premier League match... obviously bad money spent on this Yank...

(ok since someone somewhere will think I was serious.... ======> ;) )

I have high hopes for Pelosi... I admit I haven't seen much of him in a Liverpool shirt for the youth teams, but I like him as an attacking midfielder. It was interesting to me that McParland envisions him as an attacking midfielder when Marc has been used all over the midfield and even in the back 4 on occasion. He has the versatility to play there, but I still think he is best attacking - though we have a couple other highly touted players at the club who also want that position...
  • OhYaBeauty likes this

#12 SF Red

SF Red

TIA Regular

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

http://www.yanks-abr...de=show&id=9760

PELOSI OPTIMISTIC FOR U-20'S IN 2013

BRIAN SCIARETTA - Thursday, December 20, 2012

With the US U-20 national team in camp in Florida preparing for World Cup qualifying in February, Liverpool's Marc Pelosi is excited to get back to international soccer.

The US U-20 team opened camp on Saturday but Pelosi only arrived in Florida on Tuesday due to commitments with Liverpool. After his first practice on Wednesday, the German-born but California-raised Pelosi is happy to be back representing his country again.

"It's always good to come and play in the US," Pelosi told YA. "It feels like home. It's always good to represent your country and it's an honor to be here. It went really well and Tab was really happy with us today."

Pelosi, 18, is likely to be a big part of head coach Tab Ramos' plans with World Cup qualifying in less than two months. The US team was drawn into Group A where they will face Costa Rica and Haiti. The top two teams from that group will advance to the quarterfinals where they will face teams from Group B which consists of Canada, Nicaragua, and Cuba.

In the format of CONCACAF World Cup qualifying, the winners of the quarterfinal games qualify for the World Cup. Essentially with qualifying coming down to one game, there will be a lot of pressure on this US U-20 team to perform well after a series of disappointing results with US youth teams.

In 2011, the US U-20 team breezed through the group stage games but lost their quarterfinal game to hosts Guatemala 2-1 and failed to qualify for the World Cup. Similarly, the 2012 US U-23 team failed to qualify for the Olympics where they did not even get out of group play.

Pelosi, who was unsure if Liverpool would be willing to release him for qualifying, insists that he does not feel added pressure due to the recent setbacks of US youth national teams. Instead he is optimistic for the team's chances.

"I try not to look at the pressure," Pelosi explained. "I just try to come here and do my best for the team. Every team wants to qualify and we're going to do our best. I think we have a good chance at qualifying."

One of Pelosi's biggest assets is his versatility and so far this season at Liverpool he has played central midfield, left midfielder, and left back. While he is happy to play at any position he is clear that his favorite position is in central midfield either in an attacking position or in more withdrawn defensive role.

So far with the US team, Ramos has elected to play Pelosi in the middle of the field.

"My best position is probably in the middle of the field - anywhere in the middle really," Pelosi said. "I've also played out on the wing. It's not my best position but I really like it. I can play left back as well. At Liverpool I've been switching around a lot but have been playing in the middle recently. Here with the U-20s, I've been playing in the middle."

Pelosi signed for Liverpool in 2011 after impressing scouts playing for the US U-17 national team. Following the U-17 World Cup, he joined the English team and played for both the U-18 and reserve team but his season was cut short after a knee injury in February.

His second season has been a busy for Pelosi who has been playing for Liverpool's U-21 team which is currently undefeated with a 9-0-3 record so far on the season. Liverpools U-21 team also plays in the NexGen series which is an annual tournament that consists of the best youth club teams in Europe. In addition, last week he also traveled with the U-19 team to Singapore to play in the NexLions series where Liverpool lost in the finals to Sporting Lisbon 2-0.

Pelosi is confident he is improving as a player and he attributes a lot of his development to Rodolfo Borrell who was his coach on the Liverpool's U-21 team but left that post last month after a promotion to run the club's academy.

"I'm getting better and our coaches are really good there," Pelosi said. "My first season was going well but I got an injury. This one has been going very well."

"Our U-21 team is undefeated and we're in the Next Gen, which is like the mini-champions league for youth teams," he added. "If we win our next game we're into the next round. Singapore was a really good experience. It was my first time in Asia. It was a good tournament. We lost in the finals. I think we did well."

With the U-21 team impressing, questions will certainly arise among the media and fans as to which young players are ready for a promotion to the prestigious club's first team. Pelosi is still one of the younger players on the team but thus far has earned positive reviews for his performances in games.

On occasion he has been able to train with the first team and realizes that the difference between the U-21 team and first team is significant.

"After the summer I got to train with the first team for about a week in the preseason," Pelosi recalled. "In the middle of the season I've trained with them here and there but it's only for a day or two [at a time]. You learn how fast you have to play. It's just a different level to play with them."

Like most young players, Pelosi is unsure when he will get the callup to Liverpool's first team whether in a league or cup match but for now he is happy at the youth level where he is continuing to progress as one of the top American teenage prospects.

"You're always hoping for the best for the first team and you're always hoping you're going to get that chance," Pelosi said. "I'm just going to keep working hard and see what happens."

On Friday, Pelosi and the US U-20 team will host Venezuela in a friendly in Sunrise, Florida.
  • SGM likes this

#13 Nikola13

Nikola13

• TIA Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,170 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

Pelosi is like Henderson of youth ranks - happy to play anywhere and always working his socks off. I'm not sure if he's getting playing time on the left flank because we don't have left wingers or because it's a part of his learning curve - he really isn't effective there and is a completely different player when put in the middle. I tend to forget that he's only 18, though, but it would be nice if his coaches forced him to improve his passing range and vision - we could end up having an excellent all-rounder there.

#14 OhYaBeauty

OhYaBeauty

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

... he really isn't effective there and is a completely different player when put in the middle...

I've not watched too terribly much youth football so far this year, but hasn't he ended up with a fair number of goals and assists out wide. I feel like every time I've watched him on the left, he has a quiet game but ends up picking up a goal and/or an assist.

Hope he starts playing centrally, though, because I think that's where his future lies, but if its part of his learning curve then I'm not bothered.

#15 Nikola13

Nikola13

• TIA Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,170 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

I've not watched too terribly much youth football so far this year, but hasn't he ended up with a fair number of goals and assists out wide. I feel like every time I've watched him on the left, he has a quiet game but ends up picking up a goal and/or an assist.

Hope he starts playing centrally, though, because I think that's where his future lies, but if its part of his learning curve then I'm not bothered.

I think he has scored two goals for U21's so far, both against Man City, though I can't remember which position he played. What I know is that he's much more involved when playing centrally, he is not the most creative of lads but has a good footballing brain.
  • OhYaBeauty likes this

#16 SF Red

SF Red

TIA Regular

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

I think he has scored two goals for U21's so far, both against Man City, though I can't remember which position he played. What I know is that he's much more involved when playing centrally, he is not the most creative of lads but has a good footballing brain.

I think he played as the AM behind the striker in the Man City match if I remember correctly.

#17 SF Red

SF Red

TIA Regular

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

http://www.soccerbyi...-u-s-u-20s.html

DESPITE CLUB COMMITMENTS, PELOSI FOCUSED ON ROLE WITH U.S. UNDER-20 TEAM

SUNRISE, Fla. — Marc Pelosi may be on the books for one of the biggest clubs in Europe, but that does not mean he is taking his spot on the U.S. Under-20 Men’s National Team for granted.
A member of the reserve system for English side Liverpool, Pelosi just recently finished partaking in the last U.S. Under-20 camp of 2012 and he did so despite arriving late. The 18-year-old midfielder joined the team midway through their week-long camp in South Florida after wrapping up some club commitments (Pelosi and Liverpool’s U-19 team went to Singapore to participate in the NexLions Cup).
His commitment to a U.S. U-20 team, which is two months away from attempting to qualify for the 2013 World Cup, has not gone unnoticed.
“Marc is a very good player and he’s a well-rounded individual. He’s got great charisma in the locker room, he works very hard in practice, he’s a good example to everybody else,” said U.S. U-20 head coach Tab Ramos. “In particular, when you have a player playing for a big club who comes in, he could be thinking, ‘Hey, I play Liverpool, just call me for the game.’ and I don’t think Marc is like that. He wants to be the hardest working player here and I think that rubs off on everybody else.”

The versatile midfielder only had four days with his American teammates but he was still able to further acclimate himself to Ramos’ attack-oriented system. Pelosi is being deployed in the middle, but he has more defensive responsibilities than some of his teammates.
“Here I play basically in the same position as I do in Liverpool, so I’m pretty comfortable,” said Pelosi. “We play three defensive and one attacking (midfielders). I’m one of the defensive midfielders. I like playing there and think it’s a good place for me.”
Pelosi is equally content to be plying his trade in England and for Liverpool. Yes, the historic English club is more than 5,000 miles away from his hometown of Sunnyvale, Calif., but the 6-foot midfielder is feeling more comfortable after completing his first year with the club.
“It’s really far from home but my mom comes and visits every once and a while,” said Pelosi. “I went to the IMG Residency, so that was a good step because I was living away from home already. I’m liking it over there more and more every day and getting more friends and getting more used to it, so getting better in soccer, too.”
Pelosi has been playing with Liverpool’s reserve teams since signing with the club in November 2011, but it appears he is not opposed to the idea of going out on loan some time in the near future to try and earn some first-team minutes.
“I’d have to talk to Liverpool about that but right now I’m playing with the reserves and at least definitely this year I won’t be going out,” said Pelosi. “But we’ll see what happens.”
In the short-term, Pelosi is expected to be on the U.S. team that attempts to advance out qualifying in Puebla, Mexico in February. He is excited about the prospects of being on that team as well as potentially playing in another youth World Cup next summer but knows nothing is guaranteed, which may explain his unassuming demeanor as he rounds out this year and heads into 2013.
“I went to the U-17 World Cup and it was a great experience and I just really wish I could live that over with the U-20s,” said Pelosi. “It would be really fun to be with these guys and I’m excited for it.”

#18 mpoletti

mpoletti

Bearded Rumour Mill Regista

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

http://www.yanks-abr...orner&entry=369

If true, looks like Pelosi will be added to the Europa League Roster and wear #44. 

• SGM and OhYaBeauty like this

#19 OhYaBeauty

OhYaBeauty

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

#MURICA

2d2.jpg

#20 TFC

TFC

TIA Squad Member

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

#MURICA

Only in America can someone find a metrosexual way of holding two submachine guns...

#21 Nikola13

Nikola13

• TIA Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,170 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

Get well soon to Liverpool's @marcPelosi who has suffered a suspected broken leg vs West Brom today.

Why, oh, why?!

#22 kingoftown

kingoftown

Reserve Team

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

I read somewhere that it was a bad two-footed challenge as well. Ridiculous.

#23 Smash

Smash

TIA Youth Team

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

What a shame... Hasn't had the best of luck with injuries since he came here and one I always like to watch. Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery and we can see him get back to his best

#24 Sweeting

Sweeting

TIA Moderator

• TIA Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Yeah Ryan McLaughlin said it was a horror tackle in the last minute of the game. Completely out of order, two footed.

Real shame for the lad, can't imagine how gutted he is as he's recently moved to Melwood for permanent training and was added to the Europa League squad - he was in the process of being fast tracked.

#25 AnfieldCat

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Crappy day for injuries all round, horror injury for such a young lad!