Welcome to the This Is Anfield Forums

Please login or register to begin posting and debating all things Liverpool FC. You can follow the website on twitter @thisisanfield and the forums @tiaforums.

Photo

Jesus "Suso" FERNANDEZ SAEZ: 2013/14 (on loan at Almeria)

• Please log in to reply
458 replies to this topic

#76 bes

bes

Subs Bench

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

He's done well except for the Atletico match but there a top team vs a newly promoted..... Is there a re-call option? If the midfield fails to link up next game w/o Coutinho think it'd be worth it to bring him back and if he can push teammates.

Sturridge

Moses Suarez Suso

Suso can play RW but can be used in the CAM spot. Lefty but his rights improved tremendously. Anyone know why he's always taken off @ 85 ish minutes, seen this internationally and for club. 

#77 Nikola13

Nikola13

"...Ali čvrstu veru u pobedu krajnju..."

• TIA Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,156 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

Great to see him making the most out of his loan move so far. I remember someone saying "Coutinho also played on loan at a Spanish club at that age and look what that loan spell did for him". Let's hope it has similar impact on Suso (without us selling him to Inter or any other club).

#78 XV1989

XV1989

New Signing

• TIA Full Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

against Levante scored a goal tremendous

#79 Lizard

Lizard

TIA Midfield General

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

Don't think they will be a recall option, glad he's doing well - leave him there and let him flourish and hopefully he'll come back a better player with some real good first team experience against some real good sides.

#80 nowthen

nowthen

TIA Youth Team

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

Jaysus that was a great strike. Such an important thing for a player of his age, to get games and minutes on the pitch. delighted for him. Seems to be doing well on his loan spell. His range of passing really is excellent. If he keeps going as he has done we will be getting a great addition to the squad next season.

#81 bes

bes

Subs Bench

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:17 AM

Awful game today for Suso, couldn't get involved and Malaga controlled the tempo

He got subbed like 20 minutes into the second half, he had 1 nice goal scoring opportunity but he wasnt keeping up to the goal line and it went right past him. Also almost cost Almeria a goal for not helping the RB. Kid needs to learn how to defend and get involved better. 

• yzerman likes this

#82 Copycat

Copycat

New Signing

• TIA Full Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

• mikeypezza and TFC like this

#83 bes

bes

Subs Bench

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

Amazing game judging by those 3 minutes.

tumblr_mtuhxkIcC61rtequ6o1_400.gif

Next best CM in England right there. Hopefully we move him centrally although he can play RW... Remind you of a certain LFC player :))))

#84 No Men in the Box Redux

No Men in the Box Redux

Keyboard Warrior

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

Hard to really see if there was any end product with most of his dribbles in that highlight reel. That is still the most important part of his game that he needs to work on. His final ball when he gets to those wing areas or when he is central, his shooting or his threaded pass. We all know he can dribble but the other parts of his game is what he should be concerned with improving. Glad to see that he is getting plenty of playing time though.

• Clive likes this

#85 kipland007

kipland007

TIA Youth Team

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Just provided his 3rd assist of the season against Sevilla - http://www.spheraspo..._1#.UlGC5GTXjRe

Think this loan is going to be a great learning opportunity for him - last season, I always thought that he would be the one to break through over Sterling. I think this year of playing is crucial for youngsters, especially midfielders, when they come through an academy at a big club. I'm still disappointed we didn't let Jonjo spend the full year at Blackpool and recalled him to sit on the bench. 

Anyway, high hopes for him and he always follows our results when he's on twitter which is nice to see. Looking forward to having him back. 

• Hope in your heart likes this

#86 DeathOrGlory

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Brave

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

Really similar to Isco. Looks a lot like him too.

#87 Red Tiger

Red Tiger

Reserve Team

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Really similar to Isco. Looks a lot like him too.

Interesting that you should compare him with Isco...I was thinking about that too...

U-21 and below stats suggest Isco has been a better player through the youth thank Suso but even if he is 75% as good, we have a player on our hands.

#88 bes

bes

Subs Bench

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Isco is already "world class", he's the reason why Ozil is out of RM. Take it one step at a time, would like to see more goals/dribbles from Suso and hopefully later in the season we can say he's the reason Almeria won't be relegated because as of now there dead last.. 

#89 mikeypezza

mikeypezza

TIA New Signing

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

I havn't wacthed the whole of the last few games, but am i right to say his stamina has significantly improved playing all these games?

4 asists in 8 games for a promotion side is incredibly impressive. I still think he would be best in CM though. Havn't saw alot of that ruthless finishing yet. Though we know he is superb at free kicks.

#90 liverpool_singh

liverpool_singh

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,148 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

• Zoran, Nikola13, Hope in your heart and 1 other like this

#91 bes

bes

Subs Bench

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

Was mainly CM in that vid. God I can't wait for him to come back, seriously think he's the best product we've ever had in the academy based off talents and he's showing it @ Almeria. 

#92 ILLOK

ILLOK

Happy potato

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

Was mainly CM in that vid. God I can't wait for him to come back, seriously think he's the best product we've ever had in the academy based off talents and he's showing it @ Almeria. 

Gerrard, Fowler, Macca, Owen? 

He's possibly the best we've had since Stevie has come through I'd say but there's not a whole lot of competition there unfortunately.

#93 Off_The_Heezay

Off_The_Heezay

TIA Youth Team

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

Its seriously hard not to get excited about his potential, the fact that he is already regularly contributing in La Liga is very impressive.

#94 bes

bes

Subs Bench

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

The one thing that hypes me is seeing him perform internationally. Mans the midfield and takes kids on 1 on 1 and has made some brilliant plays. And he's manning Spains midfield.... Not something you hear about often. 

#95 SoueysTash

SoueysTash

Intensive Mentality

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,965 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

Maybe Susos development potential was the reason we didn't go in for Eriksen, had we signed him he'd have only limited Suso's game time next season

#96 ILLOK

ILLOK

Happy potato

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

The one thing that hypes me is seeing him perform internationally. Mans the midfield and takes kids on 1 on 1 and has made some brilliant plays. And he's manning Spains midfield.... Not something you hear about often. 

Owen was making headlines at full international level at a younger age don't forget. 

#97 bes

bes

Subs Bench

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

He was an amazing international but he fell out just as soon as he got started.. Atleast with Suso the book is full of empty pages ready to be written. When you hear Spanish international and mdfield you assume great things. Suso will be a great thing if we manage to keep him. 

#98 rippedshorts

rippedshorts

TIA Regular

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

I'd like to see Suso on the left. I don't understand the fuss of left footers always picked on the RWF to allow them to cut in and shoot...

The way I see it, on the left, they can cross and shoot as effectively; moreover, they can pass/cross quickly while on the run, without having to cut back to their stronger foot first. Its refreshing to watch Arsenal playing left footed Wilshere on the left and right footed Ramsey on the right.

#99 ILLOK

ILLOK

Happy potato

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

We don't want to put too much emphasis on crosses though. And they can't shoot as effectively. 

That being said I don't want Suso on either flank, he's a central player in the making imo.

• OhYaBeauty likes this

#100 Red Tiger

Red Tiger

Reserve Team

• TIA Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

This is turning out to be my favourite thread, not least because of Suso's amazing potential.

I have to disagree with rippedshorts and ILLOK as I passionately believe his best position is at right wing at least for now.

He is too lightweight to play centrally especially in the premier league.

In fact, his playing style is similar to Silva and Mata who both play as inverted right wingers.

Personally, I prefer to see us play with inverted wingers as it gives better control in terms of possession and passing.

Our strikers are also better with running the channels for through-passes than heading in crosses from the wing.

Ofcourse, he may turn out to be a great no. 10 or CM eventually but let's get him back next season and play him at RW.