Alex Oxlade Chamberlain (RW, CM) Arsenal

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by jgw_geneseo, Apr 12, 2017.

1. big noyd

big noyd Active Member

do you want to be walked through the entire concept of media, or what?

2. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

What the media says needs to be treated with a pinch of salt,I personally don't take no notice of their bullshit just like the Luan rumours.:-)

James H, Livvy, Kopstar and 2 others like this.
  3. Keeno

Keeno TIA New Signing

Ah I see you believe the tabloid way if throwing around exact figures. I see.

Kopstar likes this.
  4. schmee

schmee Am I my own mentor or my own worst enemy?

Please explain. Most of us believe they print shite just to get people interested in that day's news.

I'm more than happy for you to walk me through the entire concept and explain why I need to believe whatever is reported.

5. MarkMcC

MarkMcC TIA Squad Member

Why do I have this sinking feeling that ox is going to be our midfield answer. Only problem is it's a question i really hope isnt asked....ever

6. SoueysTash

SoueysTash GegenPosting

I don't think he will be *the* midfield answer. I suspect he may be part of that answer though. Not against it myself. Solid premier league player that does well against the dross. Let's face it, he's only likely to be playing in those types of PL games or subbing on in Europe. Nothing wrong with having that experience in the squad

redfanman likes this.
  7. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

There goes an extra £5m on his price.

Not that Arsenal will sell anyway.

8. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Wind-Down Merchant

Why wouldn't they sell?
    I'm pretty sure Wenger already has some players from Ligue 1 up his sleeve to replace him.

9. Keeno

Keeno TIA New Signing

Get tapping up sharpish!

10. Klopptinho

Klopptinho Well-Known Member

i wouldn't take him to blackpool though.. he might go up the tower and be out "injured" with vertigo for 2 years! lol

Keeno likes this.
  11. HKReds

HKReds Member

Not a bad option if that is true given that we struggle against the dross in the previous season.

12. Klopptinho

he's rarely 100% fit . we could sign him as a squad player for when others are needing a rest.. and find him on the treatment table . waste of money in that sense .

13. GermanRed

GermanRed Member

According to Express Liverpool are weighting up a bid for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, who is in his last year of contract with Arsenal.

Klopp is very keen on the player and he is making the final move to prevent the English International signing a new deal with the Gunners.

Liverpool manager is prepared to pay up to £40m for Chamberlain, and match Arsenal offer of 100.000 p/w on wages.

14. Gazmaninaus

Gazmaninaus Well-Known Member

I don't see how someone like this lad, fits into the Klopp style of football, full metal football, so to speak. Sturridge struggles, the Ox is always injured, Sahko struggles, Lallana struggles, Coutinho has regular injuries, Matip and Lovren struggled, with the intensity of the game, about the only one's who didn't were Clyne and Milner.
    We can't have a high intensity game with fragile players, and the Ox is fragile, probably should be know as the lamb, rather than the Ox.

15. Klopptinho

i suppose a lot of those players may actually contain metal . so in essence are perfect for full metal football

16. Klopptinho

this is his injury history . the poster above me mentions it too.. push this guy in the way we play football and this list will become like a novel imo. £4m yes.. £40m no thanks .

16/17 Hamstring Injury May 10, 2017 May 27, 2017 17 days 5[​IMG]
    15/16 Medial collateral ligament injury May 5, 2016 Jul 7, 2016 63 days 2[​IMG]
    15/16 Knee injury Feb 22, 2016 Apr 28, 2016 66 days 13[​IMG]
    15/16 Thigh muscle rupture Oct 26, 2015 Nov 19, 2015 24 days 4[​IMG]
    14/15 groin strain Apr 6, 2015 May 25, 2015 49 days 8[​IMG]
    14/15 Hamstring Injury Mar 9, 2015 Apr 9, 2015 31 days 5[​IMG]
    14/15 groin strain Jan 19, 2015 Feb 23, 2015 35 days 6[​IMG]
    13/14 Knee injury Jun 5, 2014 Jul 14, 2014 39 days -
    13/14 Groin Injury Apr 24, 2014 May 26, 2014 32 days 4[​IMG]
    13/14 Knee injury Aug 19, 2013 Jan 6, 2014 140 days 30[​IMG]
    12/13 Hip injury Oct 22, 2012 Nov 8, 2012 17 days

17. GermanRed

GermanRed Member

First of all, don't expect us to play more games in the full metal style than we played last season (we actually played most of these games at the start of the season). With European competition we have so many games that 5 new signings and rotation can't compensate.

I don't expect us to sign The Ox but if than I'm sure Klopp would improve him even more than he did with Lallana.

When I think about players that were always injured at their old club and ended up being world class after a transfer Thiago Alcantara comes to my mind.
    Maybe AOC just needs a change of scenery.

18. GermanRed

GermanRed Member

I've had a teacher in accounting when I was younger and he once told us 'Trust no statistics if you did not fake it yourself'

AOX can play in the positions were Coutinho, Mané and Lallana play.

Games played last season:
    Lallana 35
    Coutinho 36
    Mané 29
    Ox 45

Your turn to fake a statistic. I'm sure you will play the 'total minutes played card'

Everybody has his one opinion of course and mine is that we would have ended second in the league if we could have used AOX for 35 games.

redfanman likes this.
  19. Klopptinho

i've been known to utter some absolute nonsense in my sleep . i once woke my missus up to tell her i had a great idea what we could do with all the take away curries she was buying - she gave me a blank look and said what the hell are you on about ? . after reading the last two posts on this thread.. i now know how she felt .lol

Alright Now, treboeth and Maria like this.
  20. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

21. Gazmaninaus

Gazmaninaus Well-Known Member

23 goals in 194 appearances, and he wants to emulate Steven Gerrard, long way to go lad.

SBYM likes this.
  22. okocha10

okocha10 Football Master

I just hope this rumours are false. He is a classic pacy english incomplete winger without end product, just like Lennon, Pennant, Wallcot, Sterling...
    I would rather bring Zaha.

23. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

.....as opposed to a classic pacy non english incomplete winger without end product just like.....

lol:wave:

Kopstar, ILLOK, RaoulDuke and 5 others like this.
  24. treboeth

treboeth Well-Known Member

Dr. Greenwhite likes this.
  25. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

I'm sure we won't pay that much for someone with only a year left on his contract. Anyway, I've read that he's likely to sign a deal at Arsenal.

26. Red_Jedi

Red_Jedi Member

If we sign Ox, would it do anything to Studges injury record? They could have a little comp to see who is available for most amount of games... could it get the best out of studge?

27. Klopptinho

dunno about that .. but we might have to get an extension to our medical facilities

edit: although we could then charge them both rent ?

Dave-D and RaoulDuke like this.
  28. HKReds

HKReds Member

Breaking the transfer record for a player that has one year left on his contract and by the way, is not yet fully established at his current club or that fully committed also... seriously, it sounds like some lazy journalist trying to stir up a story

Anfield rd Dreamer likes this.
  29. Klopptinho

almost as lazy as balotelli this journalist lol

Alright Now likes this.
  30. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

Agent creating artificial market to get the player a better deal.