Alex Oxlade Chamberlain (RW, CM) Arsenal

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by jgw_geneseo, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Alright Now

Alright Now Well-Known Member

You have an amazing mind. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Scott Jones and Klopptinho like this.
  2. Klopptinho

Klopptinho Well-Known Member

i'd never hear them over the voices anyway :well done::well done:

costared and Alright Now like this.
  3. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Wind-Down Merchant

To be fair, Zaha is english, too.

He defected because hodgson waited too long to start him in a competetive game. And Southgate couldn't convince him to come back.

But Sterling is better than him and has more potential anyway (an unpoular opinion, I know).

4. okocha10

okocha10 Football Master

I mentioned Adama as a prospect, his price is 10-12m. Can you see a difference there?
    We are here talking about 40m for Alex Chamberlain!

5. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

No way we get Adama for £10-12m because if we went for him it would be more like £20-25m,it's rip off city out there.

treboeth and James H like this.
  6. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

Problem is Adama isn't even worth £10m

rupzzz, Dave-D, treboeth and 6 others like this.
  7. okocha10

okocha10 Football Master

Maybe, still no way Ox is worth £40m, Ben Gibson £30m...or as i remember that Luis Alberto guy who we paid £8m....or Lovren £25m. Prices are ridickilous these days, you can's buy decent player below £40m.

8. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

I'm not sure that's true.

You could have bought Moraes, Kolasinac, Gnabry and Huntelaar already for a combined £35m

9. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Let's remember that we could have bought our current record transfer for £1m only a few months earlier and he'd only really had one good season in the Championship. I don't think you can necessarily rule out us breaking it again with another similar moment of fuckwittery.

I don't think we will but we shouldn't rule it out!

redfanman likes this.
  10. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that i don't think Ox will leave Arsenal but all the transfer talk is only to get a new contract.

redfanman and Klopptinho like this.
  11. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

If Ox can force Arsenal to consider the Melissa Reddy mooted 25M, this might well be on and we'd be getting a good player at that price.

A few things need to fall into place, but I'm surprised there's not more talk here given reliable journos like Northcroft are talking about this (Ox cheesed off, LFC hovering).

He wouldn't improve the first XI but would provide options wide right, midfield and wingback. No brainer for me if we can get it done.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/04/liverpools-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-interest-explained/

Cologne-Liverpool likes this.
  12. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

For me there are a few issues about this deal that will probably kill any deal.

1. The relationship between the clubs is not good

2. Wenger wont sell to a rival, he got badly burnt with RVP

If there is a desire from both clubs to do a deal then perhaps it could be done. People I speak to seem not to care if it is done or not.

I just don't see him in our shirt

13. GermanRed

GermanRed Member

The superb Jonathan Northcroft scribes:

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is set to spark a transfer scramble by telling Arsenal he is ready to move on after six years at the club. The England international has been weighing up his future while on holiday and his inclination is that a move would be best if he is to deliver on his rich potential. Oxlade-Chamberlain, 23, is a key target for Liverpool, where Jurgen Klopp is a confirmed admirer of his energy, explosiveness and ability to perform a variety of attacking roles.

14. Keeno

Keeno TIA New Signing

Still amazed he is only 23.

15. Cologne-Liverpool

Cologne-Liverpool Well-Known Member

No idea how realistic this is and obviously depending on the price - but looking purely at what the player could bring to the squad I still think adding him or someone with similiar qualities/versatility for these positions would make a lot of sense.

Anfield rd Dreamer and redfanman like this.
  16. spizfromoz

spizfromoz The Ancient Home of Austerity

Hope Ox is looking to reinvent himself as a left back. No much talk of that yet. Ox rumours are farting around stories. If we get the likes of Salah, then we'll do well. Always thought this guy never quite settled what his skillls or position was about.

17. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

£25m? That's okay, I'd have him at that price.

18. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

My only concern is his injuries....

19. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

I was, before I saw that he got through this season playing a lot of games with barely any injury issues of note. Not forgetting that Arsenal generally have an appalling injury record, worse than ours in fact, so could well have been the result of whatever failings there are in their system.

redfanman likes this.
  20. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Interestingly, they've just appointed Burgess who was with us prior to taking a job with England.

Zinedine Biscan likes this.
  21. GermanRed

GermanRed Member

The way Jürgen Klopp improved Adam Lallana I still think that he could top that with AOC. I still not convinced that a transfer could happen.

22. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

If he's to play in midfield, which is where I believe we want to improve him, maybe we're looking at similar stuff what De Bruyne does in terms of style (because of course in terms of quality, Kevin is simply two levels above). We'll see what happens with Keita, if it's even happening this summer. If Leipzig have solved their CL question, it might be a more complicated deal to get done this summer.

norwegian wood likes this.
  23. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

That seems about right. If used in midfield it has to be in the right way. For England the other day he was awful. He has no business dropping back deep enough to get the ball from the CBs, but as someone to provide energy in the middle and a runner to get beyond the ball he can be, and has been for Arsenal, very useful.

norwegian wood, redfanman and Zoran like this.
  24. nikz200

nikz200 Active Member

I mean there is no questioning his ability, but certainly:

1) his injury problems are well documented and he is only 23, its going to get worse.
    2) I dont see a situation where we can fit him into the midfield, regardless of whether we sign Keita or not, he is a winger/AM pure and simple

Then again, if Klopp wants him for whatever then we should be doing everything to get him.....

25. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

26. OhYaBeauty

OhYaBeauty Mamadou Sakho Fan Club Chairman

I didn't realize it till you posted this, but that would be another former Southampton player in our ranks. He had a stop in London, sure. We'd almost have a full XI if this and VVD went through...

27. Krimson

Krimson • Supermané •

28. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

This window is becoming more football manager like. My targets in that game are always being signed before I can put in a bid while monitoring them. Ridiculous!lol

29. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

30. Dave-D

Dave-D Well-Known Member

Which creates the question, where will he end up?
    None of Liverpool, Chelski or Citeh will offer him a guaranteed starting eleven spot.
    So does he go for the best wages, location, favourite manager, preferred position or where he thinks he'll be able to get into the starting eleven and or get most game time.