Anfield Atmosphere Discussion

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Dublin_Kopite, Oct 23, 2015.

1. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

I think the fans wised up and stop celebrating every little thing and celebrate the team as a whole instead? I don't think we were quiet against Everton, Anfield was quite noisy. May not be as vibrant as the Dortmund game, but better than the beginning of the season.

2. Tjfruits

Tjfruits At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky.

You say that but why were we singing Divok Origi and Sakhos names? This doesn't celebrate the team as a whole and they aren't exactly creative either. Lucas one at least gets everyone going! Fair enough with the Sturridge one as many wouldn't know the words, but if he continues to play and score then it needs to be learnt. Also just generally asking why were all the lyrics dropped from the Klopp chant?

3. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

1. The Anfield crowd really is an extra man

Yes, yes, I know it's a cliché, but really, you had to be here to understand just how intimidating, how emotional, how goddam scary they can be.

Standing on the streets around Anfield as the team buses arrived, I actually felt sorry for the Villarreal players at the sheer madness that unfolded in front of them.

You could see them ducking down below the windows, eyes widening at the spectacle.

2. Jurgen Klopp can sometimes be an extra man too

So much is made of his unique character, but the fact is, not only is he a master at inspiring, motivating and orchestrating a crowd, he is also a proper coach too, who knows how to set up his side to achieve results and expose weaknesses in opponents.

He is simply made for Anfield, his chemistry with this wonderful crowd a delight to behold, and it can take Liverpool much further than the Europa League.

3. Dejan Lovren can be Klopp's Mats Hummels

Under Brendan Rodgers, the defender seemed lost, drifting out of Anfield on a sea of mediocrity, but since the arrival of the new manager, he has been reborn, showing no just leadership, but authority on the ball, and calmness in possession, where he previously lacked it.

He was excellent here, and with a commanding partner alongside him next season, can play a big part in the Klopp revolution.

4. Daniel Sturridge still has an Anfield future too

So many critics have suggested he is certain to leave in the summer, but he showed here with a sublime performance he still has a desire and hunger to succeed at Liverpool.

His passion was so obvious, almost as if he was out to prove something to his manager, and Klopp is wily enough to know he can use that to his advantage, just as he did here majestically.

The manager has used Sturridge perfectly, selecting him on the biggest stage, and getting the biggest return from one of the best strikers in Europe when he's in this mood.

5. Villarreal are quality opponents

Don't under-estimate what Liverpool did to them, because they kept playing even in the face of an Anfield onslaught, and that makes the Reds' performance even more special.

They are fourth in La Liga and will qualify for next season's Champions' League, where they will do well be certain about that.

Yet they faced the power of Anfield and in the end it was too much for them.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/liverpool-3-0-villarreal-daniel-7905170

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  4. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Last Thursday's Anfield atmosphere surpassed all my expectations, they were simply magnificent. They helped get the team over the line. I hope many more LFC fans make their way to Basel.

Agree with you, we are short on innovative songs and chants at Anfield, we need some catchy tunes. I think Jurgen has got that Opus song (live is life) for him.

5. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

The Kop turns Liverpool managers into cult leaders, so Jurgen Klopp better get used to having his name sung

Liverpool led 3-1 with 30 minutes remaining and there was a mood of jubilation. Klopp felt it was a victory chant rather than one of appreciation. He sensed complacency and ran down the touchline to chastise The Kop when Jamie Vardy nearly scored within seconds of his song being aired. But for the fact Phil Babb was paraded before the game as one of several Liverpool legends, it would have been the most peculiar episode of the afternoon.

The timing was unfortunate, leading to what can only be interpreted as a cultural misunderstanding. The Liverpool fans did not chant for Klopp because they considered the game won. They did so because they are falling in love with their manager and the football his team is starting to play. When this happens, this is what Liverpool fans do.

An archive search will tell Klopp that a song in tribute of the manager is part of The Kop repertoire, and can just as easily be sung at 0-0 or 3-1.

No club deifies or defers to its managers as rapidly or regularly as Liverpool’s. Klopp may want it to be about the team and not about him but that’s never going to happen at his current club.

It goes back to Bill Shankly, of course, when the union bill was first signed declaring every future Liverpool manager must embody the aspirations and values of those they represent. Check out those old clips of Liverpool in the 60s and 70s and you’ll hear the name of Shankly and then Bob Paisley sung to the tune of ‘Amazing Grace’.

Most clubs do not make their manager such a focal point. It was always a curiosity when heading to Old Trafford that no matter how many titles or European Cups he won, Sir Alex Ferguson was never summoned to acknowledge weekly songs in his honour.

At Liverpool, a succession of managers have been welcomed with an initial suspicion until the moment of acceptance followed and the hero worship began – in some cases making them more like a cult leader than football coach.

Gerard Houllier had it. So did Rafa Benitez. Brendan Rodgers did, too, during his near miss going for the title. Roy Hodgson didn’t.

It was inevitable Klopp would be granted the same courtesy as soon as the first hints of an impressive team appeared. Before Saturday, the volume of the song in appreciation of him was less audible, but it’s starting to come together on the pitch and – on such occasions – The Kop is always going to want to acknowledge the boss.

There’s no escaping the fact Klopp is a charismatic but also curious guy and – just as much as the new Main Stand – he has re-energised Anfield.

He embodies every quality The Kop adores; the street-fighter, the worker, the wit, the beer drinker who probably knows he is engaging in one cheeky smoke too many; the football obsessive; the straight-talker; the most passionate man in the room who feels the game as well as he studies and understands it.

When Liverpool win as on Saturday, his crowd interventions will be shrugged off as part of his charm. The danger will be if such comments about spectator performance come during less satisfactory periods.

Nevertheless, if part of the deal is Liverpool must have a sound lead before Klopp is comfortable with being the subject of The Kop's chanting, there can be no greater incentive for his players to keep scoring at least four goals a match.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ool-managers-into-cult-leaders-so-jurgen-klo/

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  6. richieh10

richieh10 Member

Atmosphere was great on Saturday!

Can't wait for United in a months time it's gonna be bouncing.

Btw I arrived at 4.30

Was Anfield road lined with Fans similar to
    How it was for Villareal?

7. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

Yes. Hopefully this happens regularly.

I hope opposition players feel like theyre entering a hornets nest when they see this and just want to go home asap.

8. lillypad_33

lillypad_33 TIA New Signing

I give much credit to the fans and the way the reacted after the Lucas gaffe. The atmosphere could have easily turned sour very quickly, but the fans reacted marvelously and helped to pick up the team.

9. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Klopp was doing what most of us superstitious lot do at home.

I found it amusing.

10. lfc.eddie

When you have a 6 foot something cheer leader on the sideline, you can't just ignore him. The manager does make a difference in the stadium.

Nur der BvB09 likes this.
  11. richieh10

richieh10 Member

He is a different level! I love him!

12. geebo

geebo Bekloppt ! (German for loopy)

In Lallana`s post match interview he said the new stand made the stadium louder. Is it a surpise that every goal was celebrated there and not in front of the kop? I just wonder what its gonigt to be lie on a European night. I have an idea, why not make the rest of our Premiership gamkes 8.00pm kick offs ?!?

steveee likes this.
  13. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Well I'm sure the PL wouldn't allow it.

14. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Well, we have one to start with, on Friday evening. Pity it's not a home game...

15. The Eternal Optimist

The Eternal Optimist TIA Youth Team

What - I took public transport for the first time in years for the Leicester game and it took two and a half hours to travel ten miles after the game. At that rate I'd be arriving home after a European night some time before 12.30 am, the buses will have stopped and no chance of a pint! If we add another 4000 plus seats to the Anny Road who knows what chaos will transpire, it will be quicker and cheaper for me to take a caravan into the Stanley Park car park stay overnight and go home the following morning.

geebo likes this.
  16. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

We'll have United at home on a Monday night I think.

Hope in your heart likes this.
  17. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

It's better much better, a lot of noise is coming from the main stand, Hull fans did make me laugh lamenting the noise they hadn't sung a single thing until about the 70th minute.

Lots of kids which is really cool, the whole atmosphere around the ground though is friendly it all seems changed, everything is supportive and works, going to Anfield though was always a friendly atmosphere, the club have really tried to do stuff pre match, I really like the food stalls that is really cool.

Generally think the new stand has helped pushed us forward, speaking from match day experience it's improved massively. If you like that kind of thing and at the end of the day it's a good thing.

18. Sionach

Sionach Resident Athiest

Yep.20:00 kick off

19. geebo

geebo Bekloppt ! (German for loopy)

I think the redmen videos give a good example of the atmosphere in the stadium (for those who have never been there).
    I like in the first few minutes when he walks up the stairs of the new stand and you see the view of the pitch from high up. It looks fantastic.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  20. alan23983

alan23983 TIA New Signing

Noticeable over TV the atmosphere yesterday and Leicester have come up a notch. Think the added viberacy of having younger fans in the ground especially in the main stand is terrific.

DrSnuggles, Nur der BvB09 and geebo like this.
  21. LFC_5

LFC_5 Member

Does anyone have an idea why the last 2 home games seem to be 1000 short of full capacity and also noticed a few empty seats in Annie road end aswell yesturday ? I think the club aren't getting the ticket sales right at the minute if I'm honest. These local sales are brilliant but they go on sale close to match day are they all a being used ? Members including myself still finding it hard for prem tickets unless you have 4-8 games from last season.

22. lfc.eddie

I think one of the old member in here mentioned about the ridiculously tedious ticketing system we have.... maybe that's the damn reason.

geebo, Nur der BvB09 and LFC_5 like this.
  23. Nur der BvB09

Nur der BvB09 Active Member

While the expectations for a LFC Fan rightly are so high I m just Lovin the way we're going cause I can't see anymore that fuxking Sentence by scysports over us starting with; LFC once cause We are GREAT !!! Just lets give everything supporting the Lads and they make the Rest.Klopp seems this Season and upcoming to Go all in all in a profesional Way so succes is no doubt ours! YNWA

24. Nur der BvB09

Nur der BvB09 Active Member

It's time Kloppo starts learning scourse!after that lesser missunderstanding ll happen!

25. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Chanted it on Saturday though around the 86th minute, he didn't seem to matter, I loved when he got mad after that Milner tackle :D

geebo likes this.
  26. Commando

Commando Member

I like in the first few minutes when he walks up the stairs of the new stand and you see the view of the pitch from high up. It looks fantastic.[/QUOTE]
    That's some climb. I'm in 503 and my nephew is on the front row of The Kop. I dash down at half time to see him and then dash back up. I was telling him what a trek it is, but it's nothing compared to getting to the top of the MS by the looks of it.

27. cardiffpete

cardiffpete TIA Reserve Team

Corporate hospitality pushing it down. Many of the newly generated seats earmarked for corporate stuff, not taken up as of yet. Could happen soon.

28. RedSeven

RedSeven On the one road Valued Member

7am flight,usually full of LFC supporters,from Dublin was cancelled on Saturday morning leaving many fans with little to no chance of making the game, may have accounted for quite a number of those empty seats.

Nur der BvB09 likes this.
  29. Lostmyfunk 3421

Lostmyfunk 3421 Standing on the verge of getting it on

Hard to tell on the tellly, but seemed pretty quiet as before (last 10 -15 years) despite all the attacking. I wish they had shockers during seats that electrified people small to medium doses who are too quiet. Maybe we can get some high voltage ones rigged up in the corporate boxes though. And a really funky bassline to get the songs going NBA/ NHL style when the ball is outta play or we had a close effort. I don't know why I bother.

30. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

It was funny seeing Klopp's reaction to Henderson's tackle after 10 minutes or so which lifted the crowd a bit and we got going (our performance as well). You can tell it bothers him a bit (he keeps mentioning it in press conferences and interviews, he's not shy and will tell how it is, I like that and hope he continues talking about it) though it's true that Dortmund's home support is the best there is, hard to replicate that level. But reading what Lijnders said how we don't want to hide from the passion element (risk is the team can become a bit nervous/wild), but want to include it (maybe a bit Atletico/Dortmund-style), of course Klopp finds it important. On the other hand, constant drum support and always singing the same level can be boring and monotonous as well, but hopefully we can find a way of improving the atmosphere in the near future.