Anfield Expansion - Main Stand and potential Anfield Road End

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by liveforthereds, Sep 16, 2012.

1. ptt

ptt Mane I'm excited for this season

Getting ready for summer......

2. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

Get Sturridge in his own, all the bubble wrap you can find...

redfanman likes this.
  3. ptt

ptt Mane I'm excited for this season

Him and Lucas in a shipping container, match made in heaven ;-)

redfanman and rupzzz like this.
  4. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

UNLUCKKKYYYYYYYYYYY

redfanman likes this.
  5. Lowton_Red

Lowton_Red Well-Known Member

studge wrapped.jpg

6. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

You are on to something there,of course he might float away!

Lowton_Red likes this.
  7. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Would absolutely love to have a chat with Stephen Done and George Sephton, imagine the knowledge, amount of stories they have, plus also the way they tell them... amazing.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Red Armada and redfanman like this.
  8. The Eternal Optimist

The Eternal Optimist TIA Youth Team

I am sure it must have bee posted before but:

LFC SUPPORTERS’ COMMITTEE MEETING #22 22 January 2017

1. 3.31. AP said that, in terms of Anfield Road, and making a decision it would be based on how well the Main Stand had performed. This is still very much the case. However, the Club has been investigating numerous options with regard to the re-development of Anfield Road and this is similar to the programme the Club undertook with the Main Stand. Each will review different economic and construction models, all of which would need to be in the best interests of the Club. The Club has outline planning consent and is working within the timeframe set therein.
    From memory that timeframe allows the club until September of this year to make decisions before the outline planning permission lapses.

legalalien, rupzzz and redfanman like this.
  9. Simon Jones

Simon Jones Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red

10. The Eternal Optimist

Planning permission sought to introduce disabled seats at the rear of the Lower Centenary - that will reduce the number of general access seats in that stand by up to a rumoured 1000 meaning that the increase in the Kop will be a neutral net gain overall. From a purely personal perspective I will now spend a couple of months wondering if my seat in row 28 will be affected!

11. The Eternal Optimist

12. Simon Jones

We are holding a Public Exhibition for local people and businesses to find out more about the plans.
    The Public Exhibition is taking place:

On: Wednesday 8th March, 2017
    At: The Northwood Community Centre, Gilescroft Avenue, Northwood, Kirkby, Merseyside, L33 9TW

redfanman likes this.
  13. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

This exhibition is for the Kirkby redevelopment, rather than changes at the stadium.

There's also one for the future of Melwood being held, although most fans likely to be uninterested in what happens when we leave Melwood.

redfanman likes this.
  14. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

[​IMG]

RedForever2014 disagrees vehemently.

Celtic Dragon, Maria, Livvy and 6 others like this.
  15. Simon Jones

I know that but with open mind to see outside main stand.. I'm sorry but rather not to write alone on new topic about Kirkby lol Its only briefly n one more thing.. I wish Liverpool council asking an architecture to design hotel look like that Celtic's new hotel. Look amazing n I swore I will booking to sleep in hotel with Liverpool design lol http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/..._plans_to_build_a_hotel_at_Parkhead/#gallery0

16. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

We're getting a hotel at Anfield. Possibly going to be a Hilton. Don't envy what others have before you've seen what you get!

Simon Jones and redfanman like this.
  17. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

I think this is a good idea that Melwood and Kirkby are merging under one roof. I am impressed wit Klopp's vision of making a state of the art football academy for the youth and also a hi-tech training ground and facilities for the first team.

Klopp has a very far-sighted vision where the club should be for the future, he is also very pragmatic and understands that the club has to move with changing times in modern football, whereas sometimes it is hard for a club with deep rooted traditions and history to move with the times.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  18. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

I dont know how much of this is down to Klopp. Previous managers have had similar wishes, but the action to do it has never been taken.

19. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

@redfanman , oh really I didn't know that, I didn't know that we would ever move out of Melwood tbh. It seems that Klopp has kind of pushed for the move or at least start the process in moving quickly.

redfanman likes this.
  20. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid Valued Member

Klopp has a vision, and he's got the clubs blessing to implement that it seems. Its a good strategy I feel. To allow young players to come through easier, to give Klopp a better chance of running his eye over them, to allow them the chance to integrate with the first team.....its a good move.

Houllier upgraded Melwood when he came in. Rafa upgraded it further. Klopp is now taking the next logical step. Football has moved on. We have to do the same.

redfanman and Maria like this.
  21. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

Definitely think Klopp has pushed for it but yeah the plans have been in motion almost since FSG arrived. I'm sure it was talked about when Kenny was in charge. Rodgers definitely talked about it. These things take time though. Especially when also doing stadium expansions at same time.

Maria likes this.
  22. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Rafa wanted it and Ged may even have done as well. It's been a long term objective, much like the stadium.

23. redfanman

From Alex Miller's twitter feed;

@LFC still working towards a new Anfield Road End, taking capacity towards 62,000, officials announcement possible in the summer

24. charmac

charmac Active Member

25. Nevoo34

Nevoo34 Sleeping with the enemy

redfanman likes this.
  26. W00die

W00die Member

Seen that Durban has pulled out of the 2022 Commonwealth Games and Liverpool, along with Birmingham and Manchester are rumoured to be interested in hosting it. I don't know what suitable sites Liverpool has but could it mean that Everton get a new ground used to host it (and they get on the cheap afterwards)? Would be annoying from a financial point of view, but could it also mean the transport infrastructure is improved (particularly near Anfield) which might mean we could extend to over 62k in the future? Every cloud etc?

Born_red and redfanman like this.
  27. jaffod

jaffod Well-Known Member

I've still seen no mention of a cheese room, like the one at Spurs' new stadium.
    We're falling further and further behind.

28. Woolyred

Woolyred New Member

Funding for the ARE -what do people think of this for an idea...

The club sells season tickets for a 10 year period, so say £800 season ticket £8,000 in full, but the club gives a 10% discount so you pay £7200 up front. How do you pay that?

Fans can take a loan out with the clubs bank or sponsor MBNA on a special LFC personal loan thing agree, I dunno maybe low interest 3% or something for the life of the loan maybe 5 years which means you pay £7,762 in total at £129 per month for 5 years. So you take the loan, the money goes straight to the club's special stand fund and they send you the ticket, so say they do that for 10,000 season tickets? What would generate £72,000,000 up front for the club. You maybe get a brick with your name on it! :-) But you are paying less than you would if you just took an annual season ticket and renewed it, so you are in fact better off save that you have to go for the next 10 years.

The fans are no worse off as they are paying off the loan over the period of the life of the 10 year season ticket. The club gets a new stand, paid for up front, with still 5,000 to 7,000 tickets to sell on top if the season tickets sold, generating pure profit as the stand is paid for from the remaining seats i.e. an instant return (£3 to £5 million) . There are no loans to service the interest on (saving about £0.5 mill). After 10 years, all the income from the stand is pure profit £12 mill per year not including any naming rights or money from other revenue streams built into the stand, fitness centre etc. retractable pitches etc.

As part of the deal, they could offer the fans an automatic buy back of their loans after a set period, so say 3 years in, if someone wants to give up their ticket, the club guarantee to buy the ticket back at whatever the value is of the remaining loan the holder has. The club can then resell it or do what it wants with it. Even if, and in the unlikely event that the every single fan returned the ticket and no fan could be found to replace them, the cost to the club has already been reduced by about a 60% (i.e. the fan has already paid off at the end of year 3, 60% of the 5 year loan. So the worse case scenario is the club has to find £28.8 million (they have already pocketed £15 mill from the other GA sales in the 3 year period so only £13.8 million. If they naming rights for £1mill a year you are down to the club finding £10 mill...

Would 10,000 season ticket holders sign up though, in essence to take a season ticket for a minimum of 3 years?

Hope in your heart and Matt like this.
  29. redfanman

I've had a quick read through, nice idea, but I'm not enamoured with it. Primarily, I dont like the idea of asking fans to borrow 10k, both for their own financial wellbeing, but also because the funding risk for the stadium should be taken on by the club/ owners. Also, i think it complicates a rather simple process of the owners borrowing cheaply (main stand is at a cost of 0.5%) and building the stand, then having the flexibility to price tickets accordingly.

30. Woolyred

Woolyred New Member

The fans are only borrowing what it would cost them to attend for 10 years. I would assume that most season ticket holders have been going for that long anyway once they get a ticket. You are only borrowing whatever 10x the cost of a season ticket is. You then get a 10% discount. Your ticket price is then frozen for 10 years as you have paid for it. The only risk to the fan is them not going the game if they decide they dont like it. The club is gambling that the fans will turn up at all, if a bank sees the same gamble they might not lend the money or impose punitive interest to negate the risk. The club already owe enough money. So why shouldnt the fans burden the risk, if they go, there is no risk. Everyone one wins don't they? It doesnt even have to be teh new tickets created in the ARE, it could be open to all season ticket holders, first come, first served, till they get what they need. The holder get 10% off and a price that is set in stone for 10 years.

They have already said that the delayed return makes the stand difficult to justify financially. This way, the question is removed. The returns for reinvestment in the team are instant. There is no servicing of debt. The risk of no demand goes not on the club, it is down to the fans who are saying they are clamouring for it to show that they make the commitment. We love the club, but the club in itself is inanimate and uncaring, it is not a thing, the owners are businessmen, so it is for us to make the club what we want it to be. ultimately, our paying tickets pays for everything anyway so why not pay up front to get what we want, rather than pay yearly and be stuck with a smaller stadium as the club cant justify taking a loan. Why do you want the owners to have flexibility on ticket prices... they will only go one way, up, so why not force the freeze.