Anfield Expansion - Main Stand and potential Anfield Road End

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by liveforthereds, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Druss

Druss TIA Reserve Team

Today was the first time ive watched a game from the main stand. I went corporate and the facilities were first class.

I was very impressed with what we now have compared to what we did have!

On a more positive note, the atmosphere around me was as good as you can get bar being in the kop. It was filled with locals singing there fooking heads off! Great game, great atmosphere.

Massive pat on the back for the owners getting the stand built. Leads us into the 21st century. Just hope they continue the expansion. What they've done so far is first class and id love to see us improve the facilities and increase the capacity.

2. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

Remember when the stand opened we complained about the sign being out of place and I said we should cut through the beam and add a spotlight to make it more prominent?

Well I just saw this from the legends game!

[​IMG]

And some said it couldnt be done with the beam in the way. Oh ye of little faith :-).

What would finish it off to make it even more prominent, they should add 2 triangular ramps of plaster board on each side of the sign so both sides of the wall leans into the sign so all you see is the sign.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    Maria likes this.
  3. Woolyred

Woolyred New Member

Like that idea! What you paint the wall a different colour?

4. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

Maybe something slightly darker so you get a bit of shadowing and can see the angling better.

So if you imagine something like this at the top and on the left and right of the sign, and also the diagonal top corners as well.

[​IMG]

Both the roof and the walls all fade and lean into the sign.

5. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Not that it's important, just a detail, but how come our new dressing room is on the left? Also because we like to go out on the right towards the Kop.

6. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Wow... a lot of people unhappy with our club ranks with regards to how they are filling up the stadium. Caught on this show on youtube below.

7. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

I believe it's for garbage, if you find a top view you'll see a red bucket in the bottom of them they can pull out. for tape and such.
    [​IMG]

roller bins for the laundry hampers post-match. Seems a bit over-sized and a bit of wasted space IMO, but I've seen far worse setups than this.
    [​IMG]

FGred, Maria, Livvy and 1 other person like this.
  8. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Thanks @Semmy, now it makes sense and solved the mystery, Icouldn't see them clearly in the first photos.

redfanman likes this.
  9. Woolyred

Woolyred New Member

These are the temporary 'portacabin' changing rooms not the new Main stand changing rooms.

redfanman likes this.
  10. Woolyred

Woolyred New Member

These are not the new changing rooms.

11. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Oh yes, aren't the new one with a wooden effect look and the room looks a bit bigger?

12. Woolyred

Woolyred New Member

Yes, different flooring, seating, ceiling i.e. different room!

13. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This is a nice balance between classy but not too pampering for a dressing room.

It looks smart but not overly luxurious like the hairdressers salon that you see in most stadiums today with car bucket seats and neon lighting.

A locker room needs to have a historic feel to it where people can look back and think X used to sit here. This layout and style really works for that.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    Livvy and Maria like this.
  14. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I think this is where you wait to get your perm and blue rinse done.

FGred, Livvy, Maria and 1 other person like this.
  15. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

lollol
    And your lowlights and highlights done. To me, it looks like something out of IKEA.

Livvy likes this.
  16. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

Apologies to the poster Liverbird1 on the SkycraperCity Liverpool forum as I've nicked his recent post of a redeveloped Anfield. Now, it is more than a little insane as he has the world's biggest football stadium sandwiched between Walton Breck Road and Anfield Road, but his main point is very relevant, IMO. If the club is ever going to expand the Kop then Walton Breck road needs to be realigned to make the necessary space. And that has to be done now, before the new houses get built on what is currently derelict land.

Here it is, and it's a biggie:

Can't stress this enough, but if Liverpool ever want to expand the Kop, we MUST divert Walton Breck Road NOW before all these new houses get built on the derelict land!

Now's the prefect time to do it as it would be easy enough to divert the drainage runs.

The Council need to retract the planning permission they gave to the developers and realign the proposed High Street as highlighted yellow below.

Something I've been working on for quite a while, started off modelling the Kop then ended up modelling the whole stadium, still a work in progress but got capacity at 108,000 so would definitely be the biggest football stadium in the world!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The old alignment of Walton Breck Road could be pedestrianised and the expanded Kop would bridge over it creating a two storey undercroft with chippy's, bars and shops, The Albert, The Park and restaurants, accessed from both ends and also from the front

[​IMG]

A 30,000 all seater Kop! 40,000 with safe standing it were ever allowed! The two ball's flanking each side of the Kop would be lit up to look like a footballs with the scoreboard and time etc around the equator - NO TV SCREENS!

I see the corners being fully utilised as hotels rooms with viewing balconies / VIP / Hospitality vv/ bars / rooftop restaurants.

No one corner the same, each unique

[​IMG]

Kop / Centenary corner

[​IMG]

Anfield Road / Centenary corner - with TV studios, VIP terrace around roof supports, hotel balconies / hospitality etc.

[​IMG]

Anfield Road / Main Stand corner - filled in at the lower, VIP boxes & terraces / bars / Hospitality

[​IMG]

Kop / Main Stand corner - seem to be missing some seats on the top tier facing the pitch on the skew so capacity of this cathedral could be a massive 110,000 all seater!

Again, Bars / Hospitality / Hotel with balconies / rooftop restaurant in the corner

[​IMG]

I've modelled the existing Main Stand of the planning drawings and added another 10 rows to the top and also the obvious 45° seats facing the halfway line. The 4No corner roof supports would all be new and would work together, meaning the existing Main Stand truss would have to be modified and extended at either end (or a new one)

The expansion of the Centenary Stand would mean LFC would need to buy all the properties on Skerries Road and all the properties on the north side of Wylva Road, although I see the expansion of the Centenary to be the last stand to be done as i'm pretty sure most of these houses have just been renovated - one for further down the road

[​IMG]

An old photo off Google Maps, but the Kop is ripe for expansion right now. In a couple of years it's going to be too late and there will be new houses built on all that derelict land and we will have missed the boat to divert the road. We need foresight; think about what's required and futureproof the area for that eventuality. It pains me to think there's no one in the planning department in Liverpool City Council who has sat down and seriously thought about this. No one obviously has because Planit are doing the masterplanning according to the same road layouts. What's going to happen after you've just spent £50 million on the new high street and landscaping the surrounding area and Liverpool come out and say they want to expand the Kop!? That's going to go down like a lead balloon in the council offices.
    People are going to say:
    "Why didn't we think about this before we spent £50million on the new high street?"
    "Why wasn't the future expansion of the Kop taken into consideration?"
    "Why didn't you see this coming!?"

[​IMG]

Divert Walton Breck Road now while we still have the chance!!

FUTUREPROOF THE EXPANSION OF THE KOP NOW!!

[​IMG]

17. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

We're not going to be expanding the KOP to 30k. Probably ever. So we won't need to spend all that money moving a road 5/10 feet.

redfanman likes this.
  18. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

Council's can't retract planning permission - LFC would need to apply for a fresh permission.

Good effort from the OP on skyscraper, but a capacity of 108,000 would never be feasible at Anfield. The cost of it all, coupled with the infrastructure required to handle more than double the fans that currently visit the stadium on match day....it all feels a bit SimCity to me.

Also the globes...bogging.

legalalien and redfanman like this.
  19. Digger88

Digger88 Member

Probably not but surely its better to future proof so in the future if the demand was there then the WBR wouldn't stop development.

FGred and legalalien like this.
  20. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Everton could scrap their stadium and move their games into one of the new corners of this super stadium lol

21. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

108,000?!?!

Not even Makati is daft enough to suggest that.

22. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

You could increase the Kop with very little issues regardless of the position of the road.

23. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

I disagree. You could go up and over WBR (as the poster on skyscraper partly suggests) but it would be much better to divert WBR in the way he mentions. In fact that proposal isn't new and has been mooted for years.

108,000 is ridiculous but allowing for the future expansion of the Kop (to say 20k-25k) is sensible even essential.

FGred and redfanman like this.
  24. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

If they are redeveloping the area anyway, it only makes sense that room for future expansion is taken into account in the new Anfield area designs.

Isnt that what planning is all about.

It only requires a slight bit of consideration to save a lot of potential future hassle. Its a no brainer.

You could make the space behind the Kop an open space public plaza for the time being and ensure any new building work is far enough back so that any future expansion wont get hit by planning issues regarding height and light on surrounding buildings.

Anfield stadium is world famous and is the anchor of the whole area, local business, restaurants, hotel, hospitality etc, will setup there based on the stadium, so area designs should centre around the stadium.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    Digger88 likes this.
  25. geebo

geebo Bekloppt ! (German for loopy)

dont tempt fate.......

redfanman likes this.
  26. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

Our friend will probably suggest a capacity of 108, 000 with 92,000 in reserve.

200,000 capacity.

You need back-ups for the 108,000 you understand ;-)

redfanman, inaiq and geebo like this.
  27. Druss

Druss TIA Reserve Team

Seeing as FSG cant decide if they want to increase the annie rd end by 4800 more seats. Its going to take some monumental persuasion to make them increase it by another 54000!!!

redfanman likes this.
  28. Woolyred

Woolyred New Member

The he is a she who posted that incredibly useless design. Never heard of sight-lines or C values clearly. And globes and hotels in the corners with balconies onto the pitch... does she not get Anfield at all? Bonkers.

And had she done her homework she would know that they have already built new houses on part of her re-routed WB Road.

Kopstar and Matt like this.
  29. NIDINGR

NIDINGR Death by heavy metal.

That makes those pisstake mockups with the dunkin donuts loop the loop Breck road bridge and the waterpark slides from the top of the stands look realistic.

redfanman and Matt like this.
  30. Bambii

Bambii TIA Reserve Team

I like the idea of the super kop and think they should definitely look in to it. But some of those ideas crazy. Don't think our stadium is big enough. But 108,000 is too much.