Anfield Expansion - Main Stand and potential Anfield Road End

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by liveforthereds, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

The Michigan grad in me loves the idea of a 108,000 seat Anfield.

FGred and redfanman like this.
  2. Commando

Commando Member

No I wouldn't like that personally. Imagine the queues at the club shop when I'm trying to buy my half and half match scarf. ;-)

redfanman and Livvy like this.
  3. Lowton_Red

Lowton_Red Well-Known Member

Well, I think restricting capacity to 108,000 shows a deplorable lack of ambition. Why, increasing capacity by a further, and some might say paltry 7000 seats would give us the highest capacity football stadium in the world.

Better still raise the bar even higher and go for 125,000.:well done:

The compulsory attendance, necessary to ensure the stadium is always filled to capacity, might not go down that well in all circles. However, given that by the time you've exited the stadium it will time to queue to get back in for the next match, it shouldn't be too difficult to enforce.:shocked:

4. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

One of the cool things about Michigan Stadium, now 115k but ~106k when I was there, is that Ann Arbor (pop. ~115k) becomes the second largest city in Michigan 6-8 Saturdays every year. Liverpool could crack the Top 5 in the UK!

Probably about right about the realities of it, but the idea of hearing 108k LFC fans roaring as one when Coutinho hit that goal in the derby sends shivers up my spine. What a moment that would be...

legalalien and redfanman like this.