Ben Chilwell (LB) Leicester City

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Nikola, May 3, 2016.

1. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

Only one person really trusts her on here

I think the rest of us just fancy her a little bit:think:

2. DanLFC

DanLFC Strafing ground targets

Not that fussed if we do miss Chilwell, he's got no top level experience so he won't be an upgrade on Moreno at least initially anyway. We need a genuine upgrade who can actually defend which leaves me scratching my head about these repeated claims we aren't keen on Hector. Maybe he has already knocked us back or is hedging his bets waiting on a CL level club to come in and has told us to come back at the end of July if he has no better offer.

rupzzz likes this.
  3. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

Until I hear her speaking....squeaky

darkvoid likes this.
  4. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

You're sure you're not thinking of Nina Kauser? She is like nails down a blackboard. And she doesn't know what she is on about.

Melissa Ready isn't half as bad. She knows her footy as well.

spooky likes this.
  5. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

Nothing wrong with a bit of eye candy is there ?

Journalistic merit ? Remind me where does she work ? If she just repeats other journo's then that is hardly meritorious is it ?

Now back to the eye candy lol

6. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

Goal.com
    Sure they hire all the top journos.

Ah tbf to her though, she has to start somewhere. Don't have any issue with what she writes, I just don't the word of anyone who writes for an unreliable source as Gospel.

She is pretty though :wave:

7. BeautifulGame

BeautifulGame Active Member

Repeats ? She is the one who has broken almost every transfer story for Liverpool first this season .

It doesn't matter where any journo works .It's how reliable they are .Joyce works for Express which is highly unreliable buy he is one of the trustworthy journos when it comes to Liverpool.

8. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

So your just jealous, I should have worked that one out with all the digs:-):-)

noremac and norwegian wood like this.
  9. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

Anyway, back to that Chiwell feller. Apparently, according to the Mail and Star, he and Leicester have been unable to come to terms over the contract extension. It's also said that LCFC want 10 million for him.

Like most people, I've never seen him play so I have to wonder if he's really worth it. Ten million, or even 7, is a lot for a teenager with virtually no top flight experience, particularly when we are giving a trial to Spanish LB of the same age who has been through Barcelona's youth system. I'm sure both players have potential, but does Chilwell have that much potential that it's worth shelling out for?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...0m-young-Leicester-defender-Ben-Chilwell.html

10. Makati Red

Chilwell is most defo worth 4m plus Smith in a heartbeat

Lets see if he signs this contract or not

11. GaryBarlow99

GaryBarlow99 New Member

I don't remember many people complaining when we paid £7m for Luis Alberto who had hardly any first team games under his belt. Even if it doesn't work out for him here I'm sure we will get a decent fee if the prices of other players this summer is anything to go by. If Klopp wants him then pay the fee so he can get working with him and we can see what he can do to displace Moreno.

12. cynicaloldgit

cynicaloldgit Well-Known Member

So you watch Huddersfield and Leicester Reserves regularly, do you?

Can't help but feel that Chilwell is someone the club's scouting network has identified as a good long-term investment; if Klopp is equally impressed with the lad, we should be going all out to reach an agreement with the champions.

Kanonkop and redfanman like this.
  13. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Luis Alberto had been signed by Barca, and had 33 starts and 5 sub appearances for their B team when we signed him - thats about 4 times as many Chilwell has played. He also was under contract for a longer peroid than Chilwell is currently and so was unlikely to be any cheaper the following year.

14. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

I keep hearing this claim, but i dont believe it is true. She has consistently named the same four players, none of whom we have actually signed yet. Interest in Mane came from Joyce, I dont recall her reporting Wijnaldum either or Klaven. A lot of her pieces also coincide with similar stories from other journalists and have the smell of briefing about them.

This isnt to knock her ability as a footballing journalist, but i think people should be wary of throwing around such claims.

15. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

If City want 10m for Chilwell, can't we just get it done? In this market it doesn't seem an outrageous price for a young player tipped to be an England regular for years.

It would be classic Liverpool to refuse to pay 10m for our first choice target, and then lash in 15m for our second.

16. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

What is about the "english quote", could it also be a reason to prefer chilwell? Maybe they need a free slot for someone else? I dont know exactly the rules and how our squad fit in at the moment?

17. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

I'd imagine that after losing Ibe, Milner being over 30 and question marks over the futures of Lallana and, to a lesser extent, Hendo, bringing in a few young English lads could well be something the club is considering at this point.

18. LaurazRed

LaurazRed The hopeful one

Also the home grown quota rule I've forgotten how many a team needs, is it five in the first team squad?

19. BeautifulGame

BeautifulGame Active Member

Maybe u need to check the Twitter timeline .

She broke our Zielinski like first and also reported that we have dropped our interest in him(Everyone reported both these stories 2-3 days later)
    She also broke the story that we are exclusively searching for a Bundensliga CB as back up (which no one mentioned)and then reported the Klaven link .

It coincides with others becoz most of our local journos are briefed at the same time .Just listen to the podcast in TAW sometime back for the journos are briefed and how they cross check them before writing the article.

At times she breaks the news before other journos becoz they need to keep it for print edition as well .

If u wanna pretend otherwise that's upto u but she has been pretty reliable (just like Pearce King Joyce Barrett & Hunter) and has proven proven pretty credible in the past.

20. Makati Red

i am still 100% sure its not about 10m or any money its just about Leicester not wanting to sell full stop and getting him to sign a new contract.

Ranieri believes he will sign a new contract and until BC makes it crystal clear he is not signing a contract he will not be for sale.

My guess is they are still negotiating, if BC wants to come to LFC he needs to inform LCFC of his intentions

21. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

Ok I'll bite

Why exactly would I be jealous?
    Or are you implying now that you have something going on with her? :?:

:well done::well done::well done::tongue:

22. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

And you know this because you have watched him play ahem how many time?

I honestly have no idea how good Chilwell is and I'm not going to make some sweeping statement that he is xtimes better that Smith when I haven't seen him play.
    He may well be good, he may well be xtimes better than Smith but you sure as hell don't know that and yet you try make it sound like you are some knowledgeable guru.
    Let's be honest here, you have as much of a clue as to how good he is as the rest of us

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    AYBGerrardo, RedSeven, schmee and 3 others like this.
  23. jimbo

jimbo TIA Regular

Brad smith goes for £6m - obviously Klopp the manager doesn't rate or fancy him. He trusts his friend at Huddersfield and has been told Chillwell is a Klopp type player. I have never seen him play or ever heard about him but for me the money in football has gone to another level , presuming tv money etc if Klopp wants him then we stump up the cash it's simple. Was Mahrez proven ? Kante? I genuinely think the game has changed and money helps but guarantees nothing. By the end of the transfer window we will probably trimmed the squad down and have a positive net spend. Teams like Stoke, Southampton, Leicester, Everton, Spurs all have decent budgets. For me any team can beat any team on the day. Klopp is building a team and teams win games not big stars anymore. I would welcome Chilwell if Klopp wants him. It needs to be done ASAP so Klopp can train the back line how he wants them to defend. I believe we will be very good side we have some kind of blue print and a system. We have brought in stronger players and won't be bullied off the ball against more pysical teams.

vjcpatriot and darkvoid like this.
  24. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

I do think a deal might finally be completed between Leicester and Liverpool. That being said, I very much doubt he is earmarked for an immediate starting role.

So it's either carry on with Moreno in transition...or buy an established LB with Chillwell earmarked for the future. I hope its the latter.

25. Barnestormer

Barnestormer Left wing.

Fat chance, it will be the former - let go your feelings.

26. Zinedine Biscan

I can't say I entirely understand the decision to retain Moreno and recruit a more promising youngster than Smith to cover him and hopefully break through... but increasingly that feels like the direction we're heading in.

Maybe Klopp feels that's enough upheaval now for one summer (already potentially two new starting CBs, depending on injuries, plus GK), maybe he feels like he's seen something in Moreno and wants more time to make a final judgement, maybe after Hector fell through he didn't see any other first-choice LBs he liked the look of for the amounts being discussed... or perhaps a combination of all of the above.

27. ShadesOfRed

ShadesOfRed TIA Youth Team

He's implying that you wouldn't look that good in a bikini.

28. Makati Red

Its my opiion that if BC ever signs for LFC he will be first choice LB just as Karius is now first choice GK

As he is very unlikely to sign this is one argument or discussion that will never be put to the test

As for those who think he will come in as number 2 LB we will just have to agree to dissagree

29. Zinedine Biscan

To be honest, if Chilwell does come in then I'll be hoping you're right on this one. Moreno starting the season as first-choice LB isn't a best-case scenario for me.

30. Makati Red

Scott Jones and Livvy like this.