Ben Chilwell (LB) Leicester City

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Nikola, May 3, 2016.

1. Gazmaninaus

Gazmaninaus Well-Known Member

I can't understand how a young left back with hardly any first team experience, suddenly becomes better than Moreno, just because he's from another team.
    Smith for example has far more experience, than the more expensive option. Gomez is more likely to dislodge Moreno, that Chillwell.

redfanman, spizfromoz and afrikana like this.
  2. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

What makes you think that Karius is first choice?

Mignolet hasn't played for the same reason that Benteke and Origi haven't. He's Belgian and they've not long returned from their post Euro 2016 holidays.

I think the first choice will be whichever one lines up against Barcelona at Wembley.

3. jimbo

jimbo TIA Regular

If we sign Chilwell and Klopp gets few games under his belt pre season - no reason why he can't start if Klopp thinks he's ready.
    I also think Moreno will be a useful left winger in games, he's very fast just can't defend

4. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

I believe he used to be a left winger

5. jimbo

jimbo TIA Regular

How it works is, the scouts identify a player and Klopp has a look at him. If Klopp thinks he's better than we already got then he signs on that basis. Chillwell could become a top class left back for us or might not. But we have to trust the manager, he's the man in charge.
    Klopp buys a type of player that he can develop into his way like he did at Dortmund. He creates stars doesn't buy them! If Chilwell can hold the line better, defend and position himself better then I welcome him, with open arms. Our left back position is weak, Klopp didn't fancy smith so he's moved on.
    One question I want to ask his, Klopp was in South America scouting players and we haven't been linked with anyon down there which seems odd

6. Kaliberbeats

Kaliberbeats Well-Known Member

Why do people think Chilwell will usurp Moreno if we sign him? Chilwell has only played 3 games for Leicester, all in cup competitions. If Chilwell is the level of signing we're looking at for LB then Moreno is starting and not likely to be replaced in the league team this season.

7. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

The answers are there if you look for them in this thread, but to cut it short David Wagner,JK best man and soul mate told him to sign him because he is perfect for him and this is what JK is trying to do. JK also has a track record of promoting from the reserves or academy with no experience, Goetze being a prime example of this debut at 17.

jimbo likes this.
  8. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

:shocked::?:
    Do you want Mig to be first choice?

Scott Jones likes this.
  9. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

Although not just specific to Chilwell, IMO anyone else there is better than Moreno.

Moreno is liability who cant defend and has no sense of positioning whatsoever as a defender.

Zinedine Biscan likes this.
  10. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Aye, in the same way that Carra used to be a striker.

11. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

He wasnt in South America. The whole Higuain thing was in California, which was referred to as a family holiday, but given the location (and the fact Klinsmann was there was there with his team at the time and had acted as an advisor to Klopp regarding planning our summer tour), I'm sure it also had a little something to do with making sure preparations for pre-season was on point.

inaiq likes this.
  12. legalalien

Not particularly, but it's inaccurate to say that Karius is first choice. I doubt if Mignolet will be benched just because we bought another goalie. He'll have to fuck up again first.

13. Foldy

Foldy Well-Known Member

What would you have him do on the left wing? No end product, he could fuck up a cup of coffee...in fact I imagine if they sent him on a coffee run for the squad he'd get there record quick but be pulling instead of pushing the door at Starbucks. Need to offload him, can't forgive or forget how utterly shite he was in that final.

14. ptt

ptt Mane I'm excited for this season

Second game then?

15. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

I was dubious until I found out he'd ruled out going to the Olympics, but I think now he'll start the season as no1. Literally and figuratively. If he'd missed the first few games it would have given Mignolet the chance to cement his spot, but now that it's gone the other way, with Karius playing most of the preseason games while Migs is away with the other Euro2016-ites, I think he might find himself on the bench come the Arsenal match.

16. norwegian wood

norwegian wood TIA Regular

I watched Chilwell against Celtic, just to have a look. Maybe no real standout qualities, but he looked like a potentially well rounded player. Reasonably tidy on the ball, ok pace, calm. Made a good run into the box on the blind side of the defence, which is one thing we need from our left back as long as Coutinho plays on the left - along with creating width and providing overlaps. This is why I'd personally prefer someone with a bit more raw pace than what Chilwell appears to have.

But, if this is the guy Klopp wants then there's obviously a reason for it, so hopefully we can get it done soon. If not, then I hope there's something in the Willems rumour. Think he'd be a very good fit.

Scott Jones likes this.
  17. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

So basically Karius will be first choice by September so

18. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Except it's not.

Jurgen has driven most of the deals based on his own knowledge of these players or the recommendation of those he values most. For example, Grujic via Bujac (spelling?) his assistant, Chilwell via his best friend Wagner, now manager of Huddersfield who had Chilwell on loan, Mane & Wijnaldum based on his interest on them when he was at Dortmund. Karius, Matip, Dahoud and Klaven from his experience playing against them in the Bundesliga (or in the case of Dahoud, perhaps scouting him when he was resting).

19. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

I'm not disputing reliability. I'm disputing your claim that she has been the first to break all of the clubs transfers. Which i still don't believe is correct.

darkvoid likes this.
  20. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

James Pearce is reporting that this persuit is over, which means that's news the club want out there, which means they are trying to pressure the player, which means it isn't over.

Keeping up?

21. rab

rab Well-Known Member

My brother works at LCFC, not on the football side but close enough to regularly interact with players. Says all signs are that Chilwell wants to stay and City want to keep him. Apparently a nice lad with no ego so doubt he's playing the two sides off against each other.

As close as my insider info gets, take it as you wish

redfanman likes this.
  22. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

How does he look in a bikini?

These details are important when judging which sources to believe...

rab, Kopstar, darkvoid and 3 others like this.
  23. inaiq

inaiq "Some people feel the rain others just get wet"

How is brother looks in a bikini ? ;-)

24. legalalien

Nah. Think he'll wait for the first home game and throw the ball into the goal Gary Sprake style.

25. rab

rab Well-Known Member

God forbid I ever know.

Zinedine Biscan likes this.
  26. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Since Echo reported that this deal is that because Klopp decided not to pursue him, we'll lock this thread.