Ben Chilwell (LB) Leicester City

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Nikola, May 3, 2016.

1. boston red

boston red Show me the Mane.

You sure!

2. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Trouble in paradise!

mattyhurst, darkvoid and boston red like this.
  3. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

How old was Schmelzer when Klopp promoted him from the B team to be his first choice left back? 21 I think, so it's not unrealistic for Klopp to be wanting a young player to nurture.

4. boston red

boston red Show me the Mane.

Like who someone in our academy,

5. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Doubt that playing time will add much to his compensation value, or that he will even play that much.

6. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

7. *** suso ***

*** suso *** New Member

if we really want him and his our number one choice for left back we should just pay the extra 3m and get him in straight away so he can train with his new team mates. i will be very disappointed if moreno is our main left back

8. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

He isnt 1st choice. He's back up with a view to at some point pushing for first choice spot.

Scott Jones likes this.
  9. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

Hummels and Subotic were just 19 when Jurgen started at Dortmund, that's insane if you think about it.

Iluvatar and redfanman like this.
  10. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

I think the 3m thing is a red herring I think its much more likely that LCFC just dont want to sell at this moment in time at almost any price.10m for him isnt really that excessive compared to the prices being paid this summer.

My guess is he will join just before the window closes or January or next summer. The problem for JK is he will have lost that valuable training time he wanted with all his players pre season

11. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

I think she may have had him banned off the twitter a/c for stalking lol

redfanman likes this.
  12. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

Exactly
    If they were to replace him now and even if they got a cheap replacement they'd still be looking at probably 5-10m and on top of that probably have to pay another 30 or 40 grand a week wages. Chilwell is only on something like £500 quid pw at Leicester. If the hold off till next season and he signs for us they would probably receive 7-10m and will have saved on wages plus will have had more time to find his replacement. Doesn't really pay them to sell him to us at the moment

13. jack1092

jack1092 New Member

I know Left Backs are a hard position to fill with quality. there are few out there and they cost a bomb. But to say Chilwell is are main target for a left back mad. He might well develop into something great, but realistically, no matter how strong Leicesters team continuity was last year, if he was that good he'd have starter more for them.

He's a risk, and adding that to Moreno, there are two risky Left backs to play against Sanchez, Hazard, Mahrez etc.

Ok i think if Gomez comes back fine this season after another setback, he may see some gametime here, as he won't start week in week out at CB.

14. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

15. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Or we moved on and thus he has no other offers.

16. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

I would how really interested we were in this guy and also the Polish guy....

Considering we were quite penny pinching and apparently stumped up the cash for others and the deals have just gone through I do wonder.

Clive and darkvoid like this.
  17. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

I think you'd have to ask melissa ready that

Hold on a sec and I'll ask

@Makati Red

redfanman and mattyhurst like this.
  18. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Potentially we had some interest perhaps but they seem cautious unlike Mane and Wijnaldum which was pretty straight forward and yet cost over 50 million.

Didn't seem like it took to long on Karius or Grujic to be honest when it came to fees with the clubs, yet these were very much of the old style.

Though I'm not overally delighted with Wijnaldum, I am happy we are getting deals done a bit more quickly and under the radar.

nevermind and darkvoid like this.
  19. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

This one is going to be difficult to unpack. Maybe we initially prioritized gotze and started lining up cheaper options for the other roles, but once the gotze deal fell through we ignored that position and simply went for higher caliber targets in the other roles we were trying to fill?

20. hoosierred

hoosierred Well-Known Member Valued Member

Ok. I'm going to need someone to post a picture of Melissa Ready here. Clearly she must be a smoke.

redfanman and darkvoid like this.
  21. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Possible though Mane cost more than Dortmund got Goetze for.

22. vjcpatriot

vjcpatriot Active Member

Incidentally Melissa just tweeted that LFC received a 6m bid for Brad Smith.

https://twitter.com/pjoyceexpress/status/756961775296323584

That's a sizable sum. Should we sell and then go after a proper starter at LB?
    [Edit: it was a retweet, but interesting news nonetheless.]

Obviously, I see why everyone waits on Melissa to break the news... :celebrating:

[​IMG]

23. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

Götze gets 8 mio per season and how much do you think will Mane get?

24. *** suso ***

*** suso *** New Member

i would sell for 6m. i dont rate him very highly

25. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

I just said as fees go what we spent isn't much different to what we were going spend.

26. Makati Red

Hats off to Leicester they played a blinder on this one and saw LFC off, they didnt entertain LFC advances for one minute and got the player to change his mind from wanting to move to LFC to stay and sign a new contract. They stayed strong and kept a very good player. Only time will tell if BC regrets his decision

27. DanLFC

DanLFC Strafing ground targets

Your assuming a lot here, the new contract isn't signed yet and assuming he does sign it could very well include an iron clad buy out clause which enables us to pick him up next summer for the same 10-12 they want this summer and end of the day he hasn't signed yet and there is plenty of time left in the window for us to go back in if we want too.

redfanman likes this.
  28. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

And a good way to get us to pay up is for Leicester to spin the story that he is about to sign a new contract with them.

DanLFC, darkvoid and redfanman like this.
  29. Rubes

Rubes New Member

She's an attractive woman so she can't have any journalistic merit. Nice one. And the reason everyone trusts her can't be that she's usually saying the same things as Joyce and Barrett etc, it has to be because of how she looks in a bikini. Nice one.

Chilwell looked good against Celtic, and I hope that if he's the one Klopp really wants then he gets him.
    Personally, like a lot of people, I'd rather we get someone more experienced to push Moreno down the pecking order but all the noises are that that isn't going to happen.

30. Makati Red

As we found out with Dahoud you cant buy a player if the selling club refuses to sell whatever the price

Once he officially signs his new contract we can put this transfer to bed and move on.