Ben WOODBURN: 2016/17

Discussion in 'U21s & U18s' started by Nikola, Nov 29, 2016.

1. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

If he didn't go the last time why bother doing it again now?

2. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

Jürgen said that Ben Woodburn's goal 'was not too difficult, I would have scored too'. lol

steveee likes this.
  3. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

4. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

5. sportbilly1966

sportbilly1966 TIA New Signing

Looks so impressive in that midfield role aka Lallana, has aggression, vision and great dribbling ability

6. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the role in which he spends the most of his career. I don't think he'll ever have the pace to play as wide player or the strength to lead the line. His technical qualities, flair and speed of thought, however, would probably be best utilised in areas where he can have the most of the ball (I think that Lijnders spoke of using him a lot at the tip of midfield diamond in lower age categories). Ultimately, his position doesn't matter, just as long as he forges a long and successful career at Liverpool.

Cologne-Liverpool likes this.
  7. sportbilly1966

sportbilly1966 TIA New Signing

Against Plymouth in the 2nd half he was moved to midfield and looked quality although did play the easy option a lot, being expansive in his game will come when he starts to feel more comfortable being in the 1st team.

My main overriding factor watching Woodburn is his game intelligence which is something that is hard to coach.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  8. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

I guess he may have seen a few more minutes if we had been better off in games, his run on the bench has sort of coincided with the drop in form.

9. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

I have to admire the simple way he plays football at such a young age (you can have players too willing to impress that they start doing wild things, or too comfortable with themselves and just do individual stuff). He seems to possess some really basic stuff, sharp passing with decent vision, little turns and changes of direction, discipline to work. Gives him a chance to develop in different positions as well. You can imagine he watches a lot of Coutinho's game.

10. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

I noticed against Wolves from my vantage point in the Kop, that when the better players came on he saw more involvement, some would suggest it was down to the players coming on but they actually involved him more, trusted him with the ball more, that's a good thing, Moreno meanwhile wouldn't let him near a corner earlier in the game even though every single one from Moreno was rubbish.