Borussia Dortmund

Discussion in 'European Football' started by SoftGerman, Apr 22, 2016.

1. SoftGerman

SoftGerman Well-Known Member

Mkhitaryan wants to leave this summer - at least he told the press he considers a move away from Dortmund. Contract expires in 2017, he refuses to extend it and he doesn't get younger. He is at the perfect age to go to a very big club.
    Gundogan will leave. Contract til 2017, too.
    Hummels and Aubameyang consider a move. Hummels contract expires soon as well.
    It is believed that Reus would seriously consider a move when the best players leave.
    There might be a chain reaction.
    But I think that Dortmund would block a move of Reus and Aubameyang, if Mkhitaryan, Hummels and Gundogan leave. For the latter three it is just a question whether they get some money now or let them go for free next year. It could be they at least force on of the three to stay one more year, to not loose too much quality in one window (e.g. Lewandowski).
    But it is definitely possible that there will be a last-minute contract extension of Mats Hummels, and there are chances to keep Mkhitaryan as well, while Gundogan seems to be gone for sure.
    Reus is a good friend of Gotze, so if Gundogan, Mkhitaryan and evntually Hummels go, a Gotze transfer might boost Dortmund's chances of keeping Reus (they of course can force him to stay anyway).
    Reus is a good friend of Aubameyang, who would probably also more likley stay if Reus stays and there is no quality loss in summer, so either no one leaving or if players like Mkhitaryan get replaced by a player like Reus.

You see, nearly everything can happen in Dortmund in summer.

The only thing which seems sure is Gundogan leaving.
    Mkhitaryan and Hummels could force a move as well, while Aubameyang and Reus would consider a move if all there congenius partners leave, but they would be then forced to stay by the Dortmund bosses and maybe might be more pleased again if Gotze joins that summer.

Edit: Of course, as @Kanonkop mentionned, a Gotze move would be very contrversiallly looked at by Dortmund fans. The majority hasn't forgiven him and especially the hardcore fans do not want him to return.
    While the Dortmund bosses said they would like to buy him. But they are weighing up pros and cons and if Gotze could ever be accepted by Dortmund fans again.

Steve_LFC likes this.
  2. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

What a nonsens.
    Do you really believe what you write?

Reus plans all his life in Dortmund (even after a football carrier finish), he said that all his family lives in Dortmund area and he has no reason to move. He is like Steven Gerrard for Liverpool just he will start to work in the Dortmund management after his football carrier end.

Aubameyang has clearly said that he is happy in Dortmund and will not leave soon, s. for example here:

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang rules out Arsenal,
    Dortmund not planning sales

"Let me say this first: I am not going to Arsenal," he told ESPN FC's Colin Udoh at the CAF award ceremony in Nigeria. "Dortmund is my club and I am not leaving soon."

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2782230/pierre-emerick-aubameyang-vows-to-stay-at-dortmund

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  3. SoftGerman

First, thanks for the kind reply.

Secondly, as a Dortmund fan (it is even your name) you are obviously a very objective person to talk to in that matter.

And thirdly, please READ properly what i write.

I stated clearly that Reus and Aubameyang might just consider a move, if all the other stars will be sold.

It is a known fact that Mats Hummels, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Ilkay Gundogan all consider leaving Dortmund this summer. They all said that openly in the press.

Marco Reus is indeed a player who likes to be in Dortmund. But he also wants to win something one day, and after seeing his best friend Gotze leave, it is at least possible that the loss of players like Gundogan and Hummels will make him overthink his future.
    He definitely identifies with the club, and I think he wants to stay, the point is just that he also wants the other players to stay. Everybody thought Götze would stay forever, I also thought Hummels would stay forever (maybe he will).
    But please be more polite in the future, even if somebody writes something you don't want to hear.
    I like Dortmund, and I wouldn't like if they loose their best players, but Gundogan
    will leave, Mkhitaryan seems to leave as well, my last hope is Hummels. But now his father said many times that Mats considers a move and he might even join Bayern.

It is a well known fact, by the way, that Aubameyang wants to play for Barcelona or Real Madrid one day. The media reported that the Spanish top clubs consider a record offer for Aubameyang this summer. But AS I SAID, when Gundogan and maybe Hummels and Mkhitaryan leave, Dortmund won't sell Aubameyang and Reus, just because they don't have to and it would be silly to sell all top players in one window.
    Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang told the L'Equipe some weeks ago: "It's my childhood dream to once play for Real Madrid. (...) In 2014, not long before my grandfather died, I promised him that I will play there once - he just lived 110 cilometres away from Madrid in Avila. It's going to be complicated, but since then this thought is always in my head."

Aubeyang definitely wants to play for Madrid, but it probably will not happen this summer.

So to put it in a nutshell, I don't think Aubameyang and Reus will move this summer, I just said that if some of Dortmund's best players leave, they could consider a move, because they are in the peak of their career and want to win titles, and with a superbly weakend Dortmund squad that's gonna be diffcult - but potential moves of those two would be blocked by BVB officials anyway. They are not so stupid to sell all their best players if their is no need.

My prognosis:
    Gundogan - will leave this summer
    Mkhitaryan - will leave this summer or stay another year by extending his contract for one year with a release clause
    Hummels- will leave this summer or sign a new long-term contract
    Aubaeyang - will leave for Real or Barca one day, but Dortmund will keep him this summer, even if the player probably wouldn't refuse an offer by the Spanish top side
    Reus - the most likelyone to stay, but if Hummels and Mkhitaryan would leave, he wouldn't be amused,a smart way to keep Reus happy would be to sign his best friend Gotze again

4. SupaLFC96

SupaLFC96 Well-Known Member

I have seen too many players friends or relatives and still do what they want for themselves. Gotze is not going back to Dortmund. The fans visibly demonstrated at him. That's a bridge I see very hard to cross. I think they feel he's responsible for losing the CL final to Munich by not playing then moving there. At the same time I'm sure he must feel that was a huge mistake. The whole sequence of events. He was badly advised IMO. Logically I think a move away from Germany is the best thing to rebuild is career and reputation and the safest way to do that is with Jürgen. I think come summer he will be a LFC player. It makes too much sense.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

5. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

@Dortmund fan @SoftGerman

Its realy a very sad time for Dortmund as a football club they are about to have their best season in a long time and have a great new manager but are about to have the heart ripped out of their team. They are the second best team in Germany and probably in the top 8 in Europe however they are going to be crushed this summer because they cant afford to keep their best players in terms of wages and more importantly ambition. If you keep selling your best players then eventually you create an enviroment where all your best players want to leave.

So clearly this summer unless Dortmund want to commit financial suicide they will lose Gundogan, Hummels and Mkhitaryan which will rip the heart out of their team but they should still be good enough to finish a distance 2nd to Bayern next year.

As SoftGerman points out if PEA is likely to leave and Reus is up in the air but Dortmund could force them to stay for one more season as they cant possibly lose 5 key players this summer but will kise 3 and probably another 3 the following summer

This is a very sad for Dortmund but the great thing for Klopp is that such a thing is unlikely to happen at Anfield under Klopp as long as were in the top 4 competing for trophies because we will be able to complete on wages. Some players like Suarez you cant stop leaving as it has nothing to do with your club and if you have South American footballers the lure of Spain is something people just cant ignore.

Its a real shame for German football but the good thing is at LFC you would never see 3 of your best 5 players leaving in one summer.

6. JustHitMyHead

JustHitMyHead TIA Reserve Team

Is that really the case? Don't they have positive cash flows and earnings above 10m Euros? That's surely enough to give a couple of them a big raise.

Perhaps they might need to sell to buy under those circumstances and tighten their belts slightly ( in a scenario where they retain their top players ), but I think people are painting a much bleaker picture than it really is. They have chosen to stay more financially conservative but I was under the impression that they actually have some room for maneuvering.

7. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

Whichever way you cut it by the start of next season Dortmund will have lost Gotze, Lewandowski, MK, Gundogan and Hummels.

for a team bar one season who has won titles and challenged for the CL

You could never imagine that happening at LFC if we had been as competitive as Dortmund

8. Cruyff's_little_toe

Cruyff's_little_toe New Member

@Kanonkop: Nor did Bayern supporters want Neuer (because of being a Schalke Ultras supporter in his youth). But we know what happened.
    @DeathOrGlory: Nope, he won't move - to City for sure not; think he got enough of their new manager! ;-) Besides, you cannot really judge his current form and I doubt he lost his technique over night.

I tend to agree with @SoftGerman's points. Fact is, LFC and Dortmund want him, Bayern is unsure whether to keep him or not. But even with only one year remaining, he won't come cheap. If on full contract, he'd be around 50-80m quid. With his contract expiring maybe around 20-25m.
    Btw, people having over 100 postings doing full quotes on a forum? - Strange.

9. Joshua179

Joshua179 Member

I don't disagree, but I think Dortmund could recover from losing just Hummels and Gunogan. I'm not sure how long Hummels has left on his contract but if they could generate money from Man City, then they could try and think the hole left by him.

Think the priority for them this summer is to keep their attack together and rebuild the defence.

10. SoftGerman

Agree with a lot you write, but Dortmund has a very healthy economy and they could actually afford to let Mkhitaryan and Hummels go for free in 2017. They did taht before with Lewandowski, when having less money than now.
    So they can do it, they did it before, but I don't think they will do it this time.
    Why? Because Mats Hummels is in the club for so long and alsways identified with the club and is a role model for many young players. I don't think the club officials would force him to stay another year, being grateful for what he has done for the club. But I still think that Mats Hummels might extend his contract, chances are about 50:50.
    Henrikh Mkhitaryan has reached the peak of his career, playing by far his best season in professional football. They could generate a very high transfer fee for him, even if his contract expires in 2017, that's why I think they will sell him. But just if the offer is high enough.

Gundogan of course, they can't keep, because he has a release clause.

Aubameyang said many times he would accept an offer from Real Madrid or Barcelona, which are probably the only clubs he would like to leave Dortmund for. But if they make an offer this summer, it will mainly depend on how many other players will leave and of course on the amount of the offer.

Hummels - chances of staying in Dortmund: 50%
    Mkhitaryan - chances of staying: 20%
    Gundogan: chances of staying: 0%
    Aubamyeyang and Reus will stay, just if Mkhitaryan and Hummels would stay, or if Dortmund would come by a superb striker very cheaply this summer, they might accept a very high offer by a Spanish top side for Auba.

11. schmee

schmee Am I my own mentor or my own worst enemy?

If you're talking about losing three superstar international players in one season then why put Lewandowski and Goetze in there? Especially considering we're discussin the possibility of Goetze going back to Dortmund this summer.

Also I wouldn't agree with your statement that whichever way we cut it Dortmund will have lost all three players. Bit overly dramatic?

12. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

Klopp's old home, excellent fans, and a great team. Seems to be discussed a lot in here, so why not give 'em their own thread?

13. Dortmund fan

Marcel Schmelzer extends stay at Dortmund until 2021

Left-back Marcel Schmelzer extends his current deal at the Westfalenstadion for another five years, having signed an extension on Monday afternoon.

Marcel Schmelzer has delighted fans of Borussia Dortmund by putting pen to paper on a new deal - keeping the full-back tied down until 2021. This is his eleventh year at the club, since joining the youth academy in 2005.

Home, sweet home

As for the deal, Schmelzer commented: "I am delighted to be part of this squad going into the future," before speaking of his love for the club and Ruhr area, "Borussia Dortmund is and will stay my sporting home, and the region has become a place to call home for me and my family over all these years."

The current campaign is Schmelzer's eighth season with the senior side, making his debut in the first round of a DFB-Pokal match against Rot-Weiss Essen. The left-back succeeded Brazilian club legend Dedé and has since remained unchallenged in his position. These consistent performances have been key in Dortmund's revival - The German played in every minute before going onto win the Meisterschale at the culmination of the 2010/11 season. The following campaigns brought more success, winning the domestic double a year later, before finishing as runner-ups in the 2013 UEFA Champions League finale.

Happy hierarchy

"One of the strongest left-backs in Europe," said Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke heaping on the praise, describing 'Schmelle' as "a wonderful person who has as much respect and affection for BVB as we have for him."

BVB sporting director, and former one-club player, Michael Zorc said the 28-year-old "fully identifies with our club" and would continue to be crucial under the tutelage of manager Thomas Tuchel.

The Madegburg-born player has made 16 appearances for the national team and was part of the illustrious UEFA under-21 Championship-winning side of 2009. Schmelzer joins teammate Sven Bender in extending his contract until 2021.

http://www.vavel.com/en/internation...lzer-extends-stay-at-dortmund-until-2021.html

14. Dortmund fan

Mats Hummels will probably leave Dortmund in the summer.

He used to play for Bayern since he was 7 years old.
    His family lives in Bayern.

I would be not surprised if he will move back to Munich like Götze did.

15. Sandeep

Sandeep New Member

How BVB fans will react to this? That would be interesting to see.

16. Dortmund fan

It depends on the moment of the annoncement of his moving to Bayern.
    If it will happen before the domestic cup final game against Bayern then the fans will not forgive him.
    You know, Dortmund fans are angry about Götze not because he cam back to his home area in Bayern, that's normal, everyone can understand his family is from Bayern. The mistake was the annoncement before the CL final game against Bayern.

17. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-to-leave-borussia-dortmund-for-bayern-munich

Borussia Dortmund have confirmed that Mats Hummels has requested to leave the club at the end of the season to join Bayern Munich.

Dortmund confirmed in a statement on the club website that Hummels wants to join Bayern Munich, however the Bundesliga champions have yet to make an offer for the Dortmund captain.

The German side have also confirmed that Hummels has no release clause.

Sandeep likes this.
  18. Dortmund fan

Dortmund's share on the stock exchange since 2001. :-)

[​IMG]

19. A True Red From NZ

A True Red From NZ True Red @atrueredfromnz

Can't help but think that the statement regarding Hummels from Dortmund was extremely smart.

Basically saying he wants to go to Bayern, so now everybody else come and make offers for the bloke.
    They don't want to lose him on a free to Bayern, or get shafted by Bayern in a transfer fee.

Think this will force Bayern into stumping up plenty of cash, and player/s going the other way (Götze mentioned).

Meanwhile making the rest of the footballing world despise Bayern's monopoly over the German market even more. Amazing how Dortmund continues to transition.

Hope in your heart likes this.
  20. Herb

Herb Well-Known Member

If Dortmund can get over £30m out of Bayern for Hummels then they should be laughing all the way to the bank. Would fancy them to suitably replace him with that amount of money.

21. Dortmund fan

For me it's ok that Hummels and Subbotic will leave in the summer.

They were a great pair of defenders here in Dortmund many many years.

Now it's time for Tuchel to find a new pair of 19-years-old defenders and make them become new Hummels and Subbotic.

Bayern have more money, we have no chance against them.
    We only have chance against them if we develop young players.

But yes, it's a little bit sadly that they always buy our best players.

Without Lewandowski's nearly 30 goals in Bundesliga Bayern could not win it this season.

Well... That's life. :-(

Sandeep likes this.
  22. Dortmund fan

Dortmund's cassiers will get a lot of money when Hummels, Gündogan and Subotic will leave the club in the summer.

A lot of money. Interesting what Zorc will do with it... Investments in new players or in the club structure.

23. Dortmund fan

City make first move in battle with Arsenal and Liverpool for Gundogan

Incoming City manager Pep Guardiola is said to be a big fan of Gundogan having watched him play against his current club Bayern Munich in Bundesliga a number of times over the last three years.

And now the Manchester club have submitted a bid for the German midfielder which will see them pay £14m up front and a further £3.8m depending on performances, according to The Times.

However, Dortmund value him at nearer £23m and with both Arsenal and Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool interested they will expect to be able to hold out for that figure.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...erpool-Manchester-United-Diego-Lattie-Arsenal

24. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

25. Dortmund fan

Gündogan drama.

[​IMG]

26. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Just heard, Mats Hummer has joined Bayern Munich. I feel so sorry for Dortmund, they always seem to lose their best players to Bayern Munich. I never understood why. Dortmund is a huge club in their own right in European football.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36255995

27. Dortmund fan

Mats has a wife since last year.
    The wife is often in Munich and prefers high sociality life in this rich city.
    When Mats was single he never asked for a move to Munich.

28. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

@Dortmund fan,
    So blame it on the wife. I always thought Dusseldorf had a great night life and a little further the footballers used on our there for socialising and it is the centre of fashion as well.

29. Dortmund fan

By the way, the price Bayern will pay for Hummels is € 38 m.

A lot of money for Zorc and new transfers.

30. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

There was a great manager who once said he had never seen bags of money scoring goals. So what if Zorc makes that sort of money, Hummels will be a greater loss to the club than the money gained. Unless the club is happy playing second fiddle in the German league... Oh and we made shit loads too on Sterling, and you've been quick to criticise us selling our good or best players.