Bundesliga 2015/16

Discussion in 'European Football' started by Nikola, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Dortmund have just booked a place in the Champions League next season, after winning their match today in the Bundesliga. I am dreading next Thursday.:shocked::-(

2. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

Domestic cup final in Berlin: Bayern vs. Dortmund.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  3. Dortmund fan

Dortmund vs. Wolfsburg 5:1

1:0 Kagawa (7., assist Mkhitaryan)
    2:0 Ramos (9., assist Kagawa)
    3:0 Reus (60., assist Ramos)
    4:0 Aubameyang (77., assist Mkhitaryan)
    5:0 Aubameyang (78., assist Schmelzer)
    5:1 Schürrle (86., assist Kruse)

I wonder about Kagawa. He was in Dortmund very strong, had some issues in Manchester, back to Dortmund he is strong again. Does it depend on the managers (Klopp, Tuchel) or maybe PL and English style of football were too hard for the technical talent from Japan?

I also wonder about Ramos and Mkhitaryan are stronger and stronger under Tuchel. Last year they were poor.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    Hope in your heart likes this.
  4. Werder4life

Werder4life Well-Known Member

Uff. Avoided relegation on the last matchday. Yay!

Nice little party right out my frontdoor: :tongue:

norwegian wood likes this.
  5. Dortmund fan

Congratulation, Werder!

Werder4life likes this.
  6. Werder4life

Thanks a lot.
    Last week I thought we'd be f#ckd , because of to perfectly good goals disallowed in two different games by the ref's - Garcia's in our match and Hummel's in your's. That was a five point slip for us and today we got close , but somehow managed it. My voice is gone and the city is in turmoil.
    Feels like 2004 tbh lol

Hope in your heart likes this.
  7. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Glad to see Werder avoiding relegation. Well done to them, their party around the team bus was amazing.

[​IMG]

fcukManU and Werder4life like this.
  8. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Fun club, always associate goals with them (scored and conceded though more of the latter in last years!). Sort of like the German version of Newcastle.

Maria and Werder4life like this.
  9. DeathOrGlory

DeathOrGlory Fortune Favours the Brave

Dortmund's kit looks like absolute garbage for next season.

Feel bad for all the BVB fans who have to watch them play in such garbage ;-)

10. redbj

redbj crowd fund for you to shut up give me the details

The poor bastards, what's worse, is they can't even fly under the radar, with their champions league qualification and all that.......

11. DeathOrGlory

DeathOrGlory Fortune Favours the Brave

Someone should start a crowdfund for them imo

12. redbj

redbj crowd fund for you to shut up give me the details

Can't post in the actually thread but...

@SoftGerman

Appears you were right, bit of shenanigans behind the scenes, and Rennes simply wanted to sell to BVB....

who knew?

13. Werder4life

The aftermath in the Weserstadium was nice too. We don't sing it on a regular basis , but this was the right day to do it:

:celebrating:

14. Dortmund fan

German Cup Final:
    Bayern Munich set to face Borussia Dortmund

Borussia Dortmund will face Bayern Munich for the fourth time in the German Cup final as the season delivers it's third episode of Germany's most popular football fixture.

This match has become Germany's premiere contest in recent years, and the pair will once again compete for Germany's domestic cup. After Bayern won the German Cup in extra time in 2008, Bayern and Dortmund have met in the final in 2012, 2014 and now 2016.

Dortmund's famous 5-2 German Cup final win in 2012 is one for the history books. Robert Lewandowski scored a hat-trick to down his future club in a season that ended in double success for Dortmund.

Although not a domestic final, the pair's most epic meeting was probably the Champions League final in 2012/13. In a game widely considered one of the best finals of the last decade, Bayern edged it thanks to a late, memorable winner from Arjen Robben.

The last time the two met in a final was in the 2013/14 German Cup, which Bayern won 2-0 after extra time in a game remembered for Mats Hummels' header that never was.

Last season, Dortmund beat Bayern in Munich in the German Cup semifinals in a dramatic penalty shoot-out. After Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang equalized fifteen minutes from time, Dortmund keeper Mitch Langerak was the hero as Bayern slipped and missed their way through their spot kicks.

Bayern's record in German Cup finals is further evidence of their remarkable dominance. Seventeen times the club have won the competition (a clear record), and have failed to lift the trophy only three times when in the final.

In the Bundesliga this season, Pep's men gave Dortmund a lesson in Munich on matchday eight. A Lewandowski brace and a goal and assist from Mario Götze added salt to Dortmund's wounds, and left Thomas Tuchel very much the apprentice to Pep Guardiola's mastery. In the reverse fixture in Dortmund, Tuchel's side held Bayern to a 0-0 draw in a game they needed to win to open up the title race.

After a dramatic defeat to Liverpool in the Europa League, Thomas Tuchel will be keen to deliver a trophy in what has already been a remarkable first season in charge. For Pep Guardiola, the stakes are even higher.

http://m.dw.com/en/german-cup-final-bayern-munich-set-to-face-borussia-dortmund/a-19202317

[​IMG]

DeathOrGlory likes this.
  15. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

I know this cup final is coming up, but does anyone know if it is on tonight or tomorrow, would want to watch it live and the time.

Does anyone in Engand know if it is on Sky Sports or BT Sports.

Many thanks.

Come on Borussia Dortmund!
    Echte Liebe.

16. Werder4life

Saturday , Kickoff 19:00 (20:00 CET) , but I don't know about the British broadcasting

17. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

T
    Thank you Werder, you are a star. I am sure they will show it on two of the channels I mentioned.

Just wondering, who do you guys think are going to win? What are the German sports journalists and presenters saying? On paper, it seems like Bayern Munich, but I got a feeling, it will be Dortmund.

18. Werder4life

Imho impossible to predict who's going to win it. Both sides are certainly strong enough to beat each other on their day.
    I'm going for Dortmund which is admittedly wishfull thinking, because I would like to see Bayern lose it (unbelievable unlikable club).
    The journos as per usual use A LOT of words to give explanations why it's unpredictable lol

Maria likes this.
  19. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

@Werder4life Just a question, why do quite a few Germans not like Bayern Munich, are they kind of like Chelsea? What are Bayern fans like? The ones who have visited English clubs during Champions League games seemed really nice, friendly and respectful fans, unlike Chelsea fans who were quite notorious in their day.

20. Dortmund fan

Yes, arrogant management, plastic fans, not fair transfer anoncements before important games against rivals, people in the rich city Munich look down people from industrial areas, dirty money from Adidas for the currupt Bayern bosses, refs scare Bayern otherwise they can not get the job as ref in BL etc.

Maria likes this.
  21. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

22. Dortmund fan

23. Werder4life

@Maria Uff , this is hard to explain in just a few words.
    I think most Germans respect FCB for their quality on the pitch nowadays , but still dislike them for their rich history of shady business concerning transfers from rival clubs. Everytime they feel the heat at the top they see to weaken their rivals by signing up their top players , and often enough doing little inofficial midseason backroom meetings with said players, without aproaching the club first.
    The clubofficials in their media presence always look down their noses on everybody else , graceless southern snobbery throughout.
    A decade ago when the national team needed a new coach, Ulli Hoenes (long standing DOF/commercial manager at Bayern) didn't like the idea of former Leverkusen coach Christoph Daum becomming Völler's successor , and decided to out/discredit him as a cocaine junky in the media. Mostly to get back at him because they hated each other.
    Claimed the moral high ground, the same man that got busted years later as one of Germany's most blatant tax evaders (after publicly campaigning against tax evasion in German talk shows).
    In 2004 he slated HSV (HamburgerSportVerein) on TV for losing to us 1:6 at home, the match before our leauge deciding match away to them, calling it a disgrace and suspected a match fix. A weak later we won the title at their ground (1:3). Best day of my football life :tongue:

I found their travelling fans to be mostly ok, and FCB is by no means a plastic club, but of course they are the go to club for every plastic fan in Germany.
    Just my personal opinion, but... it's ok to support a club just because they're always winning at around ten years of age. For a grown up it seems a bit odd to me if you are not from the region. It's not as if their style of winning has been a joy to watch all the time. I suspect 3 quarters of non residential Munich supporters just cannot bear to see their team lose. The footy world is full of result-fixated people and in Germany the vast majority of them support FCB. Unbearable twats the whole lot if FCB wins things as per usual. But if Bayern bottles something , the meltdown is just silly. Grabbed popcorn and had a joyfull read through the FCB forums again , after they got kicked out CL by Atlethico.
    But every club has them , so it's not the reason to dislke them.
    It's just the way the club presents itself is completely meant to piss everybody else off and to me that is fucking cheap tribalism.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    Hope in your heart and Maria like this.
  24. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

@Werder4life ,
    thank you ever so much for this in depth and fascinating view about Bayern Munich and Bundesliga politics. I have no idea about these type of political underhanded dealings in German football. All I knew was, Bayern Munich with the likes of Real Madrid were the football powerhouses of Europe, plus my father was a great fan of Gerd 'Bomber' Muller, obviously from his 1974 World Cup triumphs.

I now understand why Kloppo cleverly has a sly, sarcastic and witty opinion of Bayern Munich, when asked about them. I cannot see him contemplating ever managing Bayern Munich in the future.

I think it is unethical and bad practice of Bayern to approach players or their agents without their club not knowing. I am wondering how Mats Hummers must be feeling? It seems strange that the transfer window hadn't opened yet and Bayern Munich have already bought him. I cannot understand why he wants to go to a club like that, apart from the money, there are so many top European clubs who would break the bank to have him in the team.

Also, many Germans including Klopp praise and respect Jupp Heynckes, although he was Bayern Munich manager. Is he seen more as a national figure than Bayern 's manager?

@Dortmund fan ,
    thank you for your opinion. It is always interesting to hear the German aspect of football in general.

I will be watching the match tomorrow more interestingly than the English FA cup final. I am not interested in Man Utd for obvious reasons and Alan Pardew gets on my nerves although I do like Crystal Palace. The problem with Pardew is, I believe is, he is a bit of anti foreign managers in the English Premier League (EPL). He thinks English managers are not given enough credit in the EPL. In my view, apart from Kenny and Ferguson (who are Scottish btw), British managers are a bit short sighted in their management skills, but that is another story.

25. Werder4life

@Maria I'm a bit disappointed about Hummel's move tbf. Expected a move abroad if he really wanted to change and step up his career.He's already "the man" in the national team , and fighting CL with BVB seems definately a bigger challenge , so what's the point? Money.

Yes, Jupp Heynkes is a bit of a national treasure. A soft spoken and very honorable man throughout.
    Didn't fit the Bayern-scheme at all , but made them play the most exiting and likable footy of their last two decades.

I'm in no position to judge english managers , but I get that they might feel a bit underrated in their own country.
    From the outside England on a whole seem a bit at odds with their homegrown footy people in general.
    Is it maybe because of the unfortunate showings of the Three Lions during international cup tournaments in the last decade?
    Well, I do remember the woefull decade of German football around the millenium. Everything foreign seemed just more quality back then and it translated into the league as well.

Maria likes this.
  26. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

@Werder4life ,
    I agree with all your sentiments. Yes, Henykes does not fit in at all with the traditions of Bayern Munich which is surprising and he stayed so long there.

With regards to English Managers, imho, I feel they need to experience other European leagues and get good managerial experience and learn from them and adapt accordingly. The problem is, linguistically, they lack foreign language skills as well, they do not even attempt to learn another European language, thus probably are reluctant to coach abroad.

English football has regressed for many years now, I have such low expectations of our national team, if we get out of our group stages, it will be a bonus. We do not give our youngsters more experience in international tournaments. Raheem Sterling (Man city) and Theo Walcott (Arsenal ) would have benefited immensely if they had played for the U21s international games instead of warming the bench. German national football is by far way ahead of any of the established national teams in Europe and South America. Your record speaks for itself.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    LaurazRed and Werder4life like this.
  27. Werder4life

@Maria
    I think regarding the English youngsters, it's the money being the root of evil again.
    They would probably (as a player) benefit a lot more from doing loan spells abroad, but it's far more comfy to stay at home and play e.g. in Leauge 1 and already earning more as e.g. at Werder Bremen.
    We seem to have a Chelsea connection regarding loan players ; Papy Djilobodji most recently , Kevin de Bruyne before. They won fuck all with us but were talented enough to walk straight into the first team, got blooded in our little madhouse, forged their craft and emerged strong afterwards.
    So Liverpool , send your youngsters on loan. We hand them back as grown men , with the rub of the green instilled on top. (Club colour trade mark sort of) :well done:

BTW: Papy won our relegation battle for us this year , just as Kevin did 3 years ago. Kevin got sold at 50 million to City last year. So consider Papy soon enough :tongue:

Hope in your heart and Maria like this.
  28. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

I guess the German TIA members will be a bit busy tomorrow watching the final, probably see you guys Sunday.

Best of luck BvB. YNWA.

I am off to bed .:wave:

29. Dortmund fan

Kick-off is 7 pm.

[​IMG]

30. Dortmund fan

A lot of fans here in Berlin now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.