Champions League 2015/16

Discussion in 'European Football' started by Nikola, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

You do realise that a big reason their season went no where last year was because the transfer limitation and the registration restriction that was placed on them for their FFP violations.

2. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Sorry fella, where have you been before the past decade? I am pretty sure you have internet since you could post up in here and surely you would have known the history of Real Madrid. They overspent every single club in nearly, if not every single summer window. They are known as Galaticos back in the late 90s, not past decade. They have always been splashing cash around since the day I know football, which is more than 3 decades. They were never thrifty, in fact, that word had never existed in Real Madrid management's vocabulary, in any language.

When we were all conquering in our heydays, we too splash some huge amount of money. We have broken club and British records in buying players back in the 70s and 80s. So let's not think we don't throw money to win things. That's the nature of the beast, until Leicester this season proved otherwise. Oh, while we are at this subject, if this is a Leicester City FC forum, filled with Leicester City FC fans, that comment really does hold water. But we should not be calling out big spenders, we aren't exactly spending scrap money in transfer windows.

As for this game, I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch it because I have half expected it would probably be a boring affair. But I really did not realise it could be worse than what I first thought. Aguero not bothered, De Bruyne looked like running out of gas and idea, Yaya still sulking over his birthday cake thing. If this is what they are going to show their fans in such a prestigious competition, then I think their fans should ask the club for refund.

the Bull likes this.
  3. RedCanuck099

RedCanuck099 Well-Known Member

City helped our coefficient by getting to the semi finals.
    They also helped us smile by losing in the semi finals.:-)

Best rivals ever!

darkvoid likes this.
  4. the Bull

the Bull Don't Panic :P

I don't like either one of them, but I think I dislike Real more. Anyway, we just had a Madrid final two years ago. And it's not like Real isn't bought and paid for, too. We need to actually qualify for UCL before we worry about how much money City and Chelsea have and it's not like we spend pennies.

5. Sound as a Pound

Sound as a Pound TIA Midfield General

Hopefully Athletico get some revenge from a couple of years ago

6. lfc.eddie

Indifferent more likely. Didn't make me smile or cry, don't really bother if they get in or not. If they win the Champs League it does not bother me, and if they lose, it does not give me any added happiness. Why? Because karma is a bitch.... so don't go laughing at others when we still have ours to play for, and that hill can become a mountain if we are not careful. Smiles all around for United fans, maybe... for Liverpool fan, I don't think it matters that much.

7. Sound as a Pound

Sound as a Pound TIA Midfield General

Yes agree with that Eddie - they arent a proper rival in terms of matching our history. Utd and LFC have been at it for years - they will always see us as their main rivals and us likewise. Ok if City dominate in the next few years it may change.
    I would still like Real to lose - its their arrogance (they may have earned it in some ways), just dont like their style. Ronaldo is the worst example of it, there were times he was a team player in the past, but thats low down on his objectives, its me first with him.

lfc.eddie likes this.
  8. norwegian wood

norwegian wood TIA Regular

City were shocking yesterday, as others have pointed out. And I'm not talking about the quality, but rather the intensity. I was pretty much neutral before the game started; just wanted a good game and the best team going through as always. But as the game progressed I was firmly in Real's corner. They played the best football, and they seemed to want it much more than City. Full control.

It's going to be an interesting final. Two years ago it felt like Real simply were the best team in Europe in the closing stages of the season, and they had a level Atletico couldn't match.

This season I think Real maybe aren't hitting those same heights, while Atletico have developed their game a little bit in terms of how they break down defences. Maybe not developed it structurally, but the addition of Griezmann, Saul and Carrasco has given them more variation. Their big game formula is the same though, no reason to change it. It's not good to watch, but it's working for them, so well done to them.

Zoran likes this.
  9. RedCanuck099

RedCanuck099 Well-Known Member

I don't want Sterling winning anything there.
    Mickey Mouse Cups only for him.

10. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

Even Bayern friendly BILD lets Guardiola fall down now.

"Guardiolas hysteric in the Bayern dress room"

"He can not win our hearts"

"Problems with doctors again and again"

[​IMG]

11. regina29

regina29 Banned Users

LFC vs LCFC one red vs one blue, but the running-way is indeed shown the LCFC is in high-speed way and LFC is on the motor way. lol.
    However, LFC has kicked well begins not afraid of Bundesliga teams.
    LCFC jersey is so hot now, i see here to know.

12. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

Hope AM win it now. Never liked RM and especially after the way they treated Rafa. I suspect it will be a tight final though with perhaps a 1-0 win being the likely outcome.

13. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Real are one of the only opponents (anyone else managed by Jose?) that could bring me to support Atletico in a final. I want to like them, but they play in such a detestable way. 4 years ago it was amusing, but it's almost like they've forgotten they now have a side full of players Europe's biggest teams would want and they are still approaching most games like they are Wimbledon up against Liverpool. However, whatever antipathy I had towards Torres has long gone and I enjoy seeing him score these days. A little bit of me would be happy to see him win it.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
    GreenRedGreen likes this.
  14. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

I'd hate Atletico if Liverpool were playing against them but I have to admit I loved them since Simeone took over there. Call it a guilty pleasure, I honestly can't explain it. I've always liked them because of their working class background but it's only now that they look like a working class team, like a bunch of friends on the field and everyone does their job exceptionally well, regardless of personal limits. And Simeone's energy is the most similar to Klopp's of all the managers in top five leagues, it's infectious. And their fans are very vocal, too. So, I'll definitely be supporting them in this final.

15. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

You will when we play them in the Supercup in Trondheim this summer. ;-)

Nikola and norwegian wood like this.
  16. Nikola

Let's hope you're right, I'm holding you responsible on this one! :-)

Zoran likes this.
  17. Zoran

What an opportunity for Atletico tonight. Thought they missed one in 2014, the chance to win the double and snatch the Decima off their rivals. Real can go on to win 30 CL's but that one would've been really special in Madrid for Atletico. But there you go, Real again in the final and this the only one Simeone's Atletico are missing in terms of trophies. You can't write off Real in big games like these even if they're not convincing as a group, but I think Atletico will have enough to do it this time. They will hardly have a better chance in this fixture, so there's almost that bit of pressure and expectation over them.

norwegian wood likes this.
  18. Nikola

I think that Real Madrid will we weaker tonight than in previous final because Zidane isn't as experienced a manager as Ancelotti (team is more or less the same in terms of quality, maybe this one looks more adjusted to controlling the game rather than counter-attacking). Meanwhile, Atletico's team looks stronger than in 2014 and I think that tonight they won't have fitness issues they had back then. They could use a more experienced, direct option on the wing, though (Carrasco is yet to convince me as a player but there is time for him to improve in the future), but I hope they will have enough in them to win tonight. Not expecting it, though, they seem cursed in Champions League but I hope they can pull through tonight.

19. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Two clubs I can't stand for diverse reasons:

The one buys it's way to success since ever and is arrogance incarnated, since always.

The other one, while having passionate and likable fans, has become the symbol of anti-football in recent times. I just won't bring myself to watch the shite they bring to the plate every single match. I was already unlucky enough to be subjected to their games against Barca and Bayern (my own fault), but this time around, it's lesson learnt.

Whoever wins this, I couldn't care less.

MViper likes this.
  20. Kanonkop

You can always hope for an inept performance by Clattenburg then - which upsets both teams!!!

21. Zoran

Navas, Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo, Casemiro, Modric, Kroos, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema
    Casilla, Nacho, Danilo, Isco, James, Lucas, Jese

Oblak, Juanfran, Savic, Godin, Luis, Gabi, Augusto, Saul, Koke, Griezmann, Torres
    Moya, Gimenez, Lucas, Partey, Tiago, Carrasco, Correa

22. lfc.eddie

Relentless attacks from Real ended up a counter which was about to happen, led by Griezmann, only to see Carvajal took him down. First yellow to Real.... Real looks hungry, and Atletico Madrid is doing their best theatrical performance ever....

Ah feck... Real lead!

23. gingerbread

gingerbread TIA Squad Member

Man, if Real gonna win, then all of the cup this season was won by the wrong team....

League Cup, FA, Championship play off, Europa and now CL....

24. inaiq

inaiq "Some people feel the rain others just get wet"

its so hard to enjoy this final as i want both teams to lose.. Only interest is Torres playing( I am a sentimental softy i know)

25. lfc.eddie

Not really, in Champs League, Real is making more positive moves and pressing Atletico Madrid back. If they win it, it's because they deserved it. Atletico Madrid hardly threatened. They thought they can just do what they did to Barcelona, they forgot Real Madrid also likes to play with crosses and scores a lot with headers.

26. Kanonkop

Torres is playing?

0 passes
    0 shots
    0 take-ons
    0 tackles

27. Nick_LFC

Nick_LFC Bob and Phil from Brazil!

and 1 penalty

28. lfc.eddie

Fucking hell, what a waste..... this is a problem when you don't have a good penalty taker.

29. Nick_LFC

Nick_LFC Bob and Phil from Brazil!

i dont understand how he can miss it when the keeper dived about a year too early

30. inaiq

inaiq "Some people feel the rain others just get wet"

lol

ah f???
    and a miss by grezy ...:?:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.