Champions League 2015/16

Discussion in 'European Football' started by Nikola, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick_LFC

Nick_LFC Bob and Phil from Brazil!

who could have seen ronaldo winning it?

DVD $$$$

2. inaiq

inaiq "Some people feel the rain others just get wet"

Feck Madrid lost
    Feck Madrid won

:?::think::?:

3. kingoftown

kingoftown Really good aimer.

That was the worst effort I have ever seen from a goalkeeper in penalties.

4. MikeOscar

MikeOscar Klopp Klopp

Shit final which sums up the Champions League this year. Only good game I've seen is Bayern-Atletico, just about every other game was rubish. Give me Dortmund at Anfield any day over games like this. Has a team ever had an easier road to the cup than Real Madrid?

5. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Juanfran went full Moreno tonight.

6. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

Ffs. Bastards. Oblak didn't exactly do much in that did he? Piss poor game for Ronaldo and he somehow manages to be the hero. Fucker will probably get the Ballon d'or for it.

7. gingerbread

gingerbread TIA Squad Member

For some reason I feel it's very anti-climatic.

Oh well...

8. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

They were good penalties but even so I can't remember a keeper ever doing as little as Oblak there, dreadful attempts.

lfc.eddie likes this.
  9. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

It was a good game, agree penalties were brilliant, Athleti were so dominant in the 2nd half. Seeing Torres and other players crying is so sad. Penalties is a cruel way to decide a major final.

10. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

I'd rather have my goalkeeper to take a penalty rather than give it to the likes of Juanfran. Actually you'd think with modern goalkeepers now and going forward, that should happen more often.

11. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Atletico keeper didn't even try, not like he's been bombarded with shots at him all game long and feeling tired. We may have been one of the luckiest winner in the competition, but Real Madrid is the most undeserving team to win it. Their team cost double the amount and they were fucking awful after scoring a goal. Didn't do a damn thing throughout the whole of second half and extra time. Only to see Juan Fran made a huge mistake for them to capitalise. Fucking hell....

12. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

In fairness to Oblak - the RM penalties were all unsaveable. No point diving if they are placed as well as that. Additionally, the RM penalty takers waited for Oblak to commit to a side before they pulled the trigger.

13. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Atletico Madrid were the better team to lose this final. Sometimes, it is not fair.

T.C.B likes this.
  14. lfc.eddie

AC Milan tried the same thing, some how Dudek won that battle. The keeper didn't even try.

15. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

Disappointed with that result, especially on Penalties. Oh well...

16. WrinkledMind

WrinkledMind Living A Life Consumed By Slow Decay.

Karma compensating for allowing the fairy tale of Leicester to happen, by giving those scum the trophy.

I don't like Simeone's style, but I wanted them to win. Can't remember the last time I was so angry as a neutral.

lfc.eddie likes this.
  17. lfc.8

lfc.8 Well-Known Member

Unfortunate for Atletico. Really wanted to see them win. They have some great players and are a great team. Poor refereeing though for the goal which was clearly offside. Then for Griezmann to miss the penalty. That's the second time they should have won now. The game can be so cruel at times.

18. kwala

kwala TIA Regular

Scumbags. I despise Real and Barca.

19. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

I don't know how true it is, but Atletico are know as an ugly and physical team and prefer 1-0 wins and foul alot.

20. lfc.8

lfc.8 Well-Known Member

The other thing was I would have liked to have seen Torres win it with the club he grew up supporting. Despite others I've always liked him. In the end so close but not quite.

Maria likes this.
  21. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Real just about deserved it. Their start was good, they looked more like Atletico than Atletico. Though got the goal from a clear offside, but can understand if it was difficult for the linesman to see. That goal gave them the alibi to leave Atletico the ball. Crosses, nothing special (apart from Gabi's diagonal passess). Oblak also had to make some quality saves. Zidane never rotated (decided on 12-13 players, upped physicality in training but gave the players freedom in return, improving the atmosphere) since he took over so was maybe forced to make his third sub at 77 minutes already. Thought Atletico would be able to dominate more or create more problems in extra times but they did nothing. Once it got to penalties you have to fancy Real with their experience, quality and that pressure over Atletico in these big, biggest moments.

Pepe (and all the rest who do it regularly) is disgusting with the acting he does lying on the pitch and overreacting. What's the point? Pathetic. Hate it more than Inzaghi trying to win a penalty, that I can even sort of understand (if you're good at it). I can't imagine myself looking at my family in the eyes coming off the pitch after doing that. I'd get a proper slap from my old man or mother. Hope he receives one as well. Hope he leaves, I don't know where, maybe partner Skrtel at Besiktas.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
    lfc.eddie and Maria like this.
  22. T.C.B

T.C.B Well-Known Member

I hate the sight of Pepe, Ramos and Ronaldo.
    Pepe was a disgrace in the game with his rolling around clutching his face on two separate occasions. Even Clattenberg was shaking his head at him, should have been booked for simulation and sent off. Everything that is wrong with the modern game summed up by one hateful individual. Would never wish a footballer a serious injury but I would love to see a real hardman cut that fucker in two.
    Then to cap it off the ponce with the manicured eyebrows wins the game after doing nothing in the previous 120mins.
    I have no love for Athletico's style and Simeone is as as bad as his players but would have preferred them to win it over the other fuckers.
    It was a shit game to cap off a shitty competition run by a shower of corrupt money grabbing fuckers.

23. kingoftown

kingoftown Really good aimer.

Do you think Madrid knows how much everyone despises them?

24. Barnestormer

Barnestormer Left wing.

Did anyone see Ronaldo meets Towie

what a shit fake tan job

25. LFC-Orlando

LFC-Orlando TIA First Team

Thinking about the quality of both teams' play yesterday, it's rather sad that was the CL final.

Our Anfield game against Dortmund would have been an advert for the CL final....

But the 2 Madrid clubs now probably have 50% of the top 20 players in the world and that's what matters....

26. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Press are interpreting Simeone's comments as if he's considering his future at Atletico. I hope he stays, I don't know a coach who would seamlessly take over from him and make them play better. It's not just about him winning trophies, Atletico are unrecognisable from period before before he took over where they had great players but not a great team, and he also restored the belief to fans. Maybe the only flaw of his, in my opinion, is that he doesn't make the most out of the squad he has at his disposal. He could use a better striker as well (he should splash every penny he has on Suarez, in my opinion, they are a match made in heaven).

27. lfc.eddie

We are the minority, they have enough glory hunters to compensate.

I don't care who wins, but I would certainly like to see team that plays well deserves to win it. Real did well in the first 35 minutes or so, and then they resort to nothing but Pepe's play acting. Atletico was not ready for a big game like this, their key forwards slightly underperform and Carrasco was the only player among their forwards that deserved much praise.

Juan Fran's penalty I believe was supposed to be Carrasco's spot, but he went out injured. Atletico keeper succumb to the pressure, didn't even do a damn thing to try and stop the spot kick. Leaped too early and allow Real players to place their spot kicks. As soon as Juan Fran missed his, I knew they lost it because Ronaldo is going to step up, and if Oblak were intimidated by those other takers, for damn sure he is going to tremble against Ronaldo.

Someone said Suarez deserves Ballon D'Or for what he did for Barcelona this season, I say he won't get it because Real had just won the Champs League with Ronaldo's penalty.

28. EdWood

EdWood TIA Youth Team

I actually forgot the final was being played tbh. Didn't miss much apparently so I'm glad I did.

29. Da Bulli

Da Bulli Well-Known Member

They are a damn good football team.

30. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

Wasn't Real's goal off-side?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.