Champions League 2015/16

Discussion in 'European Football' started by Nikola, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Da Bulli

Da Bulli Well-Known Member

To my eyes, yes. Very fine margin.

2. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

3. inaiq

inaiq "Some people feel the rain others just get wet"

That is very close, if his shirt was not being tugged he may have gone clear offside.
    If .... maybe... ah well...

4. gingerbread

gingerbread TIA Squad Member

To be honest Real created more chance. If not thank to Atletico GK, tehy won't even make to the Extra.

Kinda sting that they won CL. But they do deserve more

Weren't the winners for both Euro and CL in past 3 years were all Spanish teams?

5. Red Ecstasy

Red Ecstasy Member

Cristiano Ronaldo is a ultimate scoring machine and deserves everything he wins but I think Atletico should have won it. I hate watching money-made teams like Barcelona or Real winning all the time.

They buy players,they buy trophies.......mercy please!!! I'm sick and tired!

6. El Dorado

El Dorado Well-Known Member

About as exciting a match as our League Cup game v. Carlisle, save one moment of brilliance when Athletico scored. Torres was anonymous though won a questionable penalty. He's their glaring weakness in my opinion. If you had a world class striker to link with Griezmann Athletico wins the triple. I know he was great for LFC, but he's been ordinary or less ever since.

Should be a better way to decide championships than penalties. Take the goalkeepers off after regulation. Or reduce each squad by a man every ten minutes until someone scores. Something. Anything. Penalties are a letdown.

7. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Keeping adding extra time to play until the players broke down in fatigue? Isn't that what most American sports did? Is that acceptable for you?

darkvoid likes this.
  8. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Yeah, Torres was awful last night (Atletico as a whole didn't play well enough for long enough for their taste). Didn't complete a single pass for almost an hour if I'm correct.

9. El Dorado

El Dorado Well-Known Member

If you took the keepers off or reduced the number of players, there would be a goal in the 30 minutes of added time. Certainly, you could change the substitution rule, as well for extra time. The usual story is players are too tired and imprecise to score in extra time, sending the game to penalties, which is an abomination. Penalties are no way to settle it. I'd rather see no winner.

10. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Maybe put the ball at half way line, take the keeper away and let them shoot it in after the full 90mins are player and see who misses it. Wouldn't that be better? Or change the scoring numbers, if you shoot outside the penalty area, it's worth 2 goals?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.