Christian Pulisic (AM) Borussia Dortmund

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Kopstar, Aug 26, 2016.

1. GaryBarlow99

GaryBarlow99 New Member

Julian Brandt most likely. He would be my plan A though.

2. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Yep I wonder if there is a clause say £35mil or something.. 3 years is a weird contract extension length? Didn't he have 18 months left?

3. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

He's quite young, and with lots of potential. Probably expecting to offer another contract next year

4. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Probably moved on much sooner than that. After Dortmund's reaction when we made our first approach, the frequency of games Pulisic played, and the media attention that followed it was always looking unlikely Dortmund would be wanting to sell.

Given the club tried signing Draxler, and have been heavily linked with Brandt i think it is reasonable to believe the club have been following other leads.

Zinedine Biscan likes this.
  5. Moneytalks

Moneytalks TIA New Signing

Quite young? He's 18 lol

6. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

I think it's a fairly normal turn of events. I imagine that this season he has still been playing on his first pro contract, which will be peanuts compared to the players he is keeping out of the team, or even compared to someone like Dembele. It is normal to upgrade the contract of a kid who has made the sort of breakthrough he has made this season, and it neednt say anything about his future greater than a commitment to stay until the end of the season, but now on proper adult money.

Kopstar and redfanman like this.
  7. vjcpatriot

vjcpatriot Active Member

I watched Pulisic's video responding to fan mail. He sounds and looks far too satisfied to be leaving Dortmund. This one goes into the bookmark it and revisit in 2 years category.

8. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

I am pretty certain he wont leave this summer but could well see him leaving in 2018 if Dortmund have another average season

Clearly ww need to make alternativw plans

9. Retro Helix

Retro Helix Member

10. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

11. StrongINTheAir

StrongINTheAir The voice of reason

I wish I was this kids agent after yesterday

12. TuscaloosaRed

TuscaloosaRed New Member

13. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

Massive generalisation that. What is there that makes American's risky players? Too much turkey at Thanks Giving? Trump?

14. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member

He is the American wonderboy because he is already one the best Dortmund players. IMO he will in a year or two be one of the best players in the league if he stays. World class talent. I would love it if we signed him and Dolberg. That would be fantastic.

15. TuscaloosaRed

TuscaloosaRed New Member

I
    Haha! I guess I'm hedging my bets after so many guys came to England and flopped. Freddie Adu, Jozy Altidore, oh and Carlos Bocanegra really got found out at Newcastle. This guy is supposed to be different. Strangely, aside from goal keepers, our guys don't do well abroad, but are able to form a solid national team.... The opposite of England really. It's strange.

16. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

maybe he meant "frisky".. have u seen Karius's gf?

[​IMG]

rupzzz and lfc.eddie like this.
  17. TuscaloosaRed

TuscaloosaRed New Member

I'd take him too. It'd be great to have a player from home at Anfield.

18. Elessar

I don't think it is strange. US players almost always have great team mentality. If you don't listen to the manager/coach then you have no chance to make it as US player in the MLS. No time for egos even if you are a good player. In the PL then you can get away with it if you don't listen to the manager. You don't need to be a good team player in the PL and you will be protected by the media. They hunt down the manager instead.

19. TuscaloosaRed

TuscaloosaRed New Member

Interesting. German players tend to give up themselves for the team as well. The media in England obviously has an enormously negative impact. You can see the stress on the faces of the national team players every time they come out of the tunnel in a big tournament.

20. Elessar

Look at Chelsea for example. Mourinho got almost all the shit by the media. The players that didn't give a shit last season is now considered heroes. Even if the manager is a dickhead like Mourinho you don't do what they did last season. In the US the players would have got a lot more shit thrown at them by the media.

21. TuscaloosaRed

TuscaloosaRed New Member

This is true. In the NFL, NBA and MLB the players get called out. Mourinho is a wanker of galactic proportions. His hiring drove me to Liverpool, no kidding!!..... There I admitted it.... I feel better now.

22. Irishanfield

Irishanfield Active Member

Are you saying you were a Chelsea fan who changed to support their rival because chelsea hired mourinho?

23. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

Or a Manunited fan changing.... :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

24. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Definitely a United fan migrated.... and spoke with such authority about us in his last few posts. Very surprising.

Irishanfield likes this.
  25. Irishanfield

Irishanfield Active Member

No no my brain wouldn't not allow me to process that information.
    Wow most of us lived through Hodgson and here were still are and even worse still some of us older lads have survived souness as well

26. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

Maybe he meant he was relatively new to football and he was looking for a team to support around that time?

27. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Adu never played in England.

Mark Thurgood and lfc.eddie like this.
  28. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

I'm still trying to work out who these English players are that do well abroad?

redfanman likes this.
  29. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Joey Barton?

boston red likes this.
  30. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

I'm half suspecting that when he/she says 'abroad' they're including England (in that it's abroad to them!).