Daniel STURRIDGE: 2016/17

Discussion in 'First Team' started by Nikola, Jul 4, 2016.

1. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

He's been sent home to get over the virus.

2. ptt

ptt Mane I'm excited for this season

Maybe I've just been listening to too many pod casts from really bitter fans recently ;-)

3. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Everton podcasts are utter shite fella, why put yourself thought it..

4. pottymonster

pottymonster I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.

Seriously @ptt... It's getting to Zag levels of Henderson hate from you :tongue:

Take a deep breath, remember how good he was a few years ago, and breath out... Repeat a couple of times, you'll be good to go.

OhYaBeauty likes this.
  5. ptt

I have no hate at all for him at all. He was brilliant and I'll aways remember that. Was.

6. redalways

redalways TIA Regular

His bad luck is getting to piss-taking levels...

Can understand him being sent back though, they probably didn't want to affect the rest of the team.

Livvy likes this.
  7. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

If he travelled over in the first place he was almost certainly past the contagious stage, he just hasn't recovered enough to get back on the training ground.

8. Lowton_Red

Lowton_Red Well-Known Member

Fair play to the lad, it must have been hard training in his special kit.
    new kit.png

Artrain, Livvy and ptt like this.
  9. pottymonster

[​IMG]

I imagine that would be better for him, but I suspect his ankles and knees would still be susceptible to injury.

10. Quicksand

Quicksand New Member

Not good enough anymore, and all that scowling and sulking makes it hard to love him.
    Gone in the summer.

11. AnfieldCat

AnfieldCat TIA Squad Member

I will be gobsmacked if he is still with us next season, for that occasional moment of brilliance (and its VERY occasional these days) its just not worth keeping him with the amount of injures and illnesses he gets. Plus his sulking gets on my nerves although I do know he is brilliant with the fans, charities etc so I can't hate on his personality too much.

Its going to be SO annoying if he goes somewhere else and hardly gets injured and we see him back to his best although that is a risk we will probably have to take. We BADLY need a decent striker though who is going to bang in 20+ goals a season. Ibrahimovic is carrying Man U at the minute (grrr!), when they were drawing in the FA cup yesterday I knew fine well he would come off the bench and win it for them and yet when I look at our bench it is very uninspiring.

Maria and Artrain like this.
  12. redalways

redalways TIA Regular

What on earth is with all the whining about sulking? I've literally never seen Daniel Sturridge play with a different expression on this face whether or not he's starting. If you look during any match he's played for us, he always looks upset, no different from Suarez, apart from when he's celebrating a goal or a win. I really hate how invented body language interpretations suddenly become indications that a player is unhappy.

lfc.eddie, ILLOK, redbj and 1 other person like this.
  13. redbj

redbj crowd fund for you to shut up give me the details

I agree.

It's trump level spin, he has come out and said he wants to play and he believes in himself, he's a top guy, I'd be pissed off if he said he's happy just to pick up his money and be used when called upon.

Alex and lfc.eddie like this.
  14. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Guy fall sick while in a training camp, was sent back due to illness and he now has an attitude problem? Bloody hell.

redalways likes this.
  15. ptt

Asside from the attitude. If you personally were too sick to train, would you want to get on a plane?????

16. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

I imagine that training is a lot more physically demanding than getting on a flight but that misses the main point about why he's been sent home. It's in nobody's interest for sickness to spread throughout the squad.

redalways and lfc.eddie like this.
  17. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Presumably they knew he was ill before taking him along though. Bit weird it suddenly became an issue while he was out there.

18. Kopstar

Why presumably? Why can't it have developed on the way out there or even once he had arrived?

19. Zinedine Biscan

I thought I'd read somewhere that he was taken despite an illness, either before the trip or around the time he was being sent home.

20. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

He knows it's going wrong for him in every way and maybe mentally struggling with where his career is at,if he is grumpy then it's because he isn't performing his best and his drop in status and being written off is bothering him,I think.

I do have nightmares of him being successful again elsewhere though.:eh?:

21. Kopstar

I'd be surprised if the club took him knowing he was ill (contagious).

lfc.eddie likes this.
  22. Zinedine Biscan

Artrain, Kopstar, ptt and 1 other person like this.
  23. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

Have the same fears it looked at one point that he was going to smash all our Premier League scoring records. He was well ahead of Suarez and Torres and the likes and seemed like the world was at his feet. He was also laying on more assists and creating more chances than he was given credit for too. Then he lost his mojo. He lost his cocky, confident, fun loving attitude. Injuries, lack of form and a change in the way the team plays mean he looks a shadow of his former self.

But can we keep a broken ferrari locked up in the garage? Going to have to sell him as a fixer upper and hope it's not a team whose tactics fit his skills and that he can't recover his fitness, form and moJo.

Scott Jones likes this.
  24. lfc.eddie

Yes I would. I've done it before, and mind you mine is just some jungle tracking leisure holiday with a bunch of friends which I don't think I could participate and flew home straight away.

Slight fever turned into some full blown contagious viral fever after a couple of days later? Could happen... the point being, he's too sick to train and could risk the rest of his teammates if he stayed on. So why not send him home to recuperate? That has nothing to do with his attitude though. I just don't understand why people are bashing him?

25. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

We all saw that lame attempt to run down a ball at the kop end a few weeks ago. He simply didn't have the trust in his legs to run that one down.

I really hope it's not true, but he reminds me of Kewell 10 years ago, at a similar stage in his career. Simply no 100% trust in his body. Kewell stayed a good player, but no where near the level he attained earlier in his career, hope Dan Sturridge doesn't suffer the same fate.

redalways likes this.
  26. redbj

redbj crowd fund for you to shut up give me the details

While I understand people getting the hump, and I see their point of view, I'm of a different mindset now.

It's a tiny bit like Ings.

The money is kinda irrelevant, I feel sorry for the human, a supremely talented human just to get to the level, let alone kick on for the few years he did, and he seems mentally and physically exhausted.

It's hard to see him coming back to what he could have been, I just hope he can see the positives not the negatives.....he's achieved so much and. I hope he realises that.

I agree, it looks like he just doesn't trust his body and now even trivial things like a virus leads to scorn and derision.

I'm also proud that, to what I perceive, the club I support and the manager it employs seem to have the humans best interest at heart.

Yes fergie might have thrown a tea cup at him, yes mourinho might have frozen him out by now....but our guys, our classy guys, they seem to actually give a fuck.

Kudos.

I hope for one thing for Danny, I hope he gets to really enjoy his football again whilst he's at his ( traditional) peak years.

That's what it all really boils down to, enjoying himself, trusting himself...and if it's not here....I hope it's done in a classy manner that befits this great club.

Right, that said, I'm off to the Lucas thread....

Artrain, Clive, redalways and 5 others like this.
  27. ptt

I'm not bashing him. It is illogical to me to be too ill to train (so poorley) but well enough to fly. If I'm ill, I want my bed and I'll stay there thanks very much. Just leave me in my hotel room, I'll keep myself to myself and not infect anybody. Last thing I'd do is get on a plane.

Maybe it's just me.

28. pottymonster

Maybe he knows his career is hanging by a thread, so he says "I'm not feeling great, but it's just a cold and I'll be fine". So he hops on the plane feeling a bit under the weather, and then arrives in Spain and the flight has caused him to feel worse. Turns out he has the flu and can't train. So they send him home.

Wouldn't surprise me if that's all that happened.

Lowton_Red, Kopstar and lfc.eddie like this.
  29. lfc.eddie

I really don't know what airline you usually uses or what mode of transport you use when we say "fly". I doubt Sturridge has spread his wings to fly, or catch a hawk to fly him back, or even pilot a plane. So I don't know how training on a football pitch is as taxing as sitting on a plane for a couple of hours. He is probably going to fly first or business class, you do realise that too right? Flying for a couple of hours, sitting on a business or first class flight with a 100 degrees fever not exactly as bad as doing sprints around a track, trust me.

30. ptt

No, you miss the point. If you're ill, stay in the bloody hotel till you're better! First class is still bloody misery compared to a comfy hotel room. Plus, you're not exactly coming home on a bed in a brand new 777 from Spain......