Denmark/Copenhagen.

Discussion in 'World Wide Reds' started by El Cuchillero, Nov 21, 2013.

1. El Cuchillero

El Cuchillero Més que un pedantic shit.

Something is rotund in the state of Denmark...

I've moved to Copenhagen in the last eight weeks. I'm enjoying the city, but I've not met a single dedicated Red. I thought we'd have a stronger following over here. Am I looking in the wrong places?

2. Matt

Matt Poor Scouser Tommy Admin

Pretty sure we have a large contingent there, as with all of Scandinavia. Have you tried the local supporters club?

El Cuchillero likes this.
  3. i_still_miss_fowler

i_still_miss_fowler Well-Known Member Moderator

A number of years back (nearly 10) there was a bar called Bankerat. Kind of a wierd place were they have doll heads for lights. Anyway its had great atmosphere in there and there were quite a few Liverpool fans that would start there and go to a sports bar around the corner (cant remember its name).

4. Urban Achiever

Urban Achiever Well-Known Member

Yes, you are most certainly looking in the wrong places!
    LFC are huge in Denmark. Go to any childrens training session and check out how many kids wear LFC-kits:-) Influenced by their parents perhaps... but the next generation are well on their way.

Here are some places for you to check out:
    https://www.facebook.com/cafeludwigsen
    - great place to watch our games when one is in CPH. They show all our games (as far as I know) and the place is packed with Liverpool fans. This is the place to go if you wanna meet fellow reds and quickly get into the groove of things. In Denmark everyone speaks good english and they like to as well so it should be no trouble.
    [​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCNBRQKVEVQ#t=112

http://lfc-danmark.dk/
    - Danish fanclub/branch.... that posts info like this:

Allan Kennedy is at O'leary's on Saturday for the derby. Meet and greet and watch the game with him. (He brings The European Cup with him!)
    http://www.olearys.dk/home_dk

It's in Danish... and so is this: https://www.facebook.com/LiverpoolFcDanmark
    but still worth trying to translate.

So Saturday one could probably hook up with big crowds at both O'learys and Ludwigsen for the derby. There are certainly many other places for/about/with reds in Copenhagen (and the rest of Denmark) but the locals at Ludwigsen know more about that than me so start there! From the look of that video-link I think Sat. is gonna be pretty fired up:-)
    Just tell everyone that you're from abroad and they'll welcome you with open arms.

Good luck in Copenhagen!

EDIT: BTW you need to buy a ticket for the O'learys thing.....

5. El Cuchillero

It's still there, along Nansensgade, unless there are two bars in the city with doll's heads for lights (wouldn't surprise me). I've stopped to ponder the lighting fixtures, but I'm yet to cross the threshold.

I've met a lot of Spurs and United supporters and people seem eager to talk about Laudrup when I tell them I'm from Wales.

I'll go to Ludwigsen for the derby, if anybody's around pre/post-match. Many thanks for the replies, lads.

6. Elta

Elta TIA New Signing

I can definitely recommend Ludvigsen. I go there whenever I'm in Copenhagen. Sometimes I also visit The Globe at Nørreport or Southern Cross.

If anyone is looking for anything in Aarhus I can recommend The Bridgewater, which is where I watch the majority of the games. They serve pints for £2 and show all of our games. I've never seen anything less than 15-20 Liverpool fans in there for a match and we're always the club best represented, which gives us a few benefits with the barkeep although it is strictly speaking not a Liverpool-only pub.

They show as many games as possible, and they have a side-room in which the manc gathering usually sit for their games which gives an atmosphere with lots of banter. Although they're a bunch of incredibly bad losers the lot of them, I have never experienced any scuffles or anything like that in there.

7. El Cuchillero

I've been away from Copenhagen for a few months, but I'm back for the foreseeable and I finally made it to Ludwigsen for the City game. Yes, I was certainly looking in the wrong places. It was packed, a good atmosphere, everybody in good voice, and good prices. I second (or third) the recommendations.

I'll likely return for the Norwich game, if anybody wants to say hello.

8. Imran520

Imran520 New Member

The best to live, enjoy it

9. Bretton_Woods

Bretton_Woods New Member

Hello Danmark,

What is Daniel Agger doing right now?