Dominic Solanke: Welcome to Liverpool

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Kopstar, May 30, 2017.

1. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/265085-reds-agree-terms-to-sign-dominic-solanke

Liverpool FC have agreed personal terms with Dominic Solanke to sign the England youth international this summer.

The 19-year-old striker will complete the transfer to the Reds on July 1, 2017, upon the expiry of his contract with his current club, Chelsea.

Solanke made his senior debut for the London side as a substitute in a Champions League tie in October 2014, and scored seven goals in 25 Eredivisie appearances during a productive loan spell with Dutch outfit Vitesse Arnhem in 2015-16.

He has represented his country at every age level from U16 to U21 and is currently in South Korea for the FIFA U20 World Cup, where the forward has so far featured in all three games and scored once to help England into the knockout stages.

Solanke, twice an FA Youth Cup champion and winner of the UEFA Youth League and U17 European Championship, will officially join Jürgen Klopp’s squad on July 1.

---------------

First one over the line. Only really became a subject for hot discussion in the last few hours - impressive stuff.

Good luck to him!

2. Red Skip

Red Skip Red Skip

Welcome to Liverpool FC Dominic Solanke. Best Wishes to you Dominic for a happy and successful time at Anfield.

Cologne-Liverpool likes this.
  3. shachart

shachart Our greatest win

I think he is a great signing, not sure if I like where this is going.
    Dominic is 19, he should expect some game time at this age, probably league cup and such.
    I am afraid Klopp is not intending to buy a new striker this summer. He has Firmino, Sturridge, Origi, Ings, and now Dominic.

4. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Welcome to the club, I'll go out on a limb and say you're the first Basingstoke alumni to represent this fine institution... make us proud.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  5. geebo

geebo Bekloppt ! (German for loopy)

excellent news !!!! Hope he carries on the same way he has been going since he was 8.... then the Kop will sing his name for years to come !!!

6. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Signing the best young domestic players is always a policy I endorse. Good move.

Limiescouse, FGred, Maria and 4 others like this.
  7. boston red

boston red Show me the Mane.

Welcome Dominic ,
    Can't go wrong with 3 million this what you call low risk high reward type signing.

8. Superredripper

Superredripper New Member

Having had time to think this one over I must admit, I'm delighted. Happily ignoring any jibes from our counterparts over in Manchester due to the ridiculous amounts they both layout for players.

It's a win win situation for us, and if he does come good we'll have a very handy player on our hands.

Chuffed our boss sees potential and isn't one for splashing £30m on a 19 y/o from Europe instead.

9. NIDINGR

NIDINGR Death by heavy metal.

Solanke is so lanky.

10. SoueysTash

SoueysTash GegenPosting

The last Chelsea striker we bought wasn't a bad un. Watching with intrigue...

Hope in your heart and Sionach like this.
  11. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

Welcome to Liverpool, Dominic! :celebrating::celebrating::celebrating:

i'm so starved for signings i'm celebrating this one!

12. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

Can't say I know anything about this lad, anyone actually seen him play? Is he skilful? Quick? Classy? No doubt he will turn out to be insane value for money. Anyone know how he compares with Origi?

Cologne-Liverpool likes this.
  13. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Let's hope this one can play well for more than 2 seasons.... :-)

Has Klopp's name written all over it, young striker on a cheap... So welcome fella.

14. Superredripper

Superredripper New Member

Tall, quick and a genuine eye for goal. Bit of a work horse too but very much a rough diamond.

Not sure on his heading and strength but he looks a real player.

Scott Jones and SirBillShankly like this.
  15. NJLFCJake

NJLFCJake Active Member

Welcome to Liverpool.

Great business. Hear about it in the morning, done in the afternoon.

Hopefully this mean's starting today we'll have a new signing everyday till all positions are covered which we're lacking lol

16. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

I don't believe it until he's leaning against something at Melwood...

RedBadger1848 likes this.
  17. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

I am sorry but I can't really believe that I have just read your post without laughing.

You got me going. Cracking wind up. Well done mate.

18. Ʒan

Ʒan Well-Known Member

Why would that be unbelievable though? Atm, we have too many strikers on the books but not enough goals out of them. If we don't sell 1-2 strikers then we won't be buying one. If I had my way, I would sell off Ings and Sturridge and bring in one top drawer one.

19. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Welcome to LFC Dominic! Definitely one for the future, so we'll see how he develops. :-)

20. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

Could be another Aubameyang - or could be another Yesil - only time will tell. Given his age and experience, could be one for the not too distant future. Fingers crossed he'll slot in and give Origi a run for his money.

21. vjcpatriot

vjcpatriot Active Member

We just stole one out from under Chelsea's nose! And he is representing England U-20's. An exciting young talent. Hopefully we increase our English quotient while also snagging a talented youngster at a position of need.

Requisite video footage:

Honestly might signal the end for Ings though. I know that we will be sellers come July.
    But it's good to see the first signing of the window has quite a bit of promise.

Livvy likes this.
  22. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

I think that's Ings done, and we could also be looking at the end for one of Sturridge and Origi.

Good signing though - rated at every level and snapped up for 3m. Good job.

23. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Honestly, I never heard of him, but from the endorsements he is getting from the TIA fellow postensibly, it seems like a very good signing.

Welcome to Liverpool FC Dominic, hope you settle in nicely and do well.

Red Skip likes this.
  24. Bensud

Bensud New Member

Welcome to Liverpool, brings more depth to the squad, good signing.

25. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo Expert YouTube scout

U-23s were quite good last year, will be even more exciting this year. Woodburn behind Solanke with Brewster coming along, Wilson and Ojo down the flanks sounds like a very impressive team. With all due respect to the flashes Brewster showed at the end of last year (he's still pretty young), we haven't had a potential LFC level CF in the U-23s for a while. Hopefully that whole group will click now that we seem to have a CF to slot in next to all the other attacking talent on hand. Hopefully he's either putting pressure on Origi to perform or maybe he'll take his spot on the bench. That's gotta be the hope this year. On paper it's a very nice corp of players to make a decent cup run while the main squad focuses on Europe and the league.

Chewbazza likes this.
  26. Red_Jedi

Red_Jedi Member

Nice to hear that we've taken someone off Chelsea's books - Solanke is a prospect and potentially bargain of the century at £3m....

Lets give him the welcome and support that he deserves... We've lost many quality players over recent years, so its refreshing that a kid with potential wants to come to us.

I hope this is the beginning of some exciting players coming in - both the ones to develop but also some established names that go straight into the 1st team....

27. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

The poster stated that he was afraid that this signing meant that we would not go for another striker.

The kid appears to have been signed for the U23 squad/team. This will not have an adverse effect on JK and his plans for the window

Indeed rather than it being a negative signing (the poster did not suggest that the player was a bad signing, he suggestion that we would not sign anyone else up front is negative) it should be treated as a positive move by the club.

Woodburn, Wilson et al now have serious competition and will need to develop there own game even further.

3 million and so many upsides to this deal

28. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

Cheap with huge potential. Has won 3 or 4 trophies with the Chelsea youth side. Here's hoping he carries that success with him to LFC. Welcome aboard!:wave:

29. Danny_

Danny_ Well-Known Member

Good luck to him but he is about a mile away from being anywhere good enough to be near our first team from what I have seen. He is one maybe for the future though and has the best person in the world to develop young talent now coaching him (assuming he trains with the first team).

30. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

I imagine he would train with the first. I'm pretty sure I can remember Klopp saying at some point this year that some of the younger lads like TAA and Woodburn would train with the first team because they needed to get used to the environment and because he thought they could make it. I would guess the same would apply for Solanke. Train with the first team but mainly play with the youths.