Emperor Trump

Discussion in 'Away End - General Chat' started by El Dorado, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

The Dow is just a correction to the initial hopeful bump his election caused. It's a fall, but only back to pre-Nov levels. It went up with the expectation of a pro business-low regulation environment and now the market is expecting that even if he doesn't get removed he won't have the political capital to make those moves.

2. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

I will be very curious to see what the capital flows look like. Republicans have been calling the stock market over the past six months the 'Trump Rally', but the US market has actually been moving along with most of the rest of the global markets. The fact that yesterday was localized has to suggest some foreign money exiting.

3. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Market correction usually happens within a weeks, at most a couple of months. The Dow moved upwards ever since Trump got himself elected, and has been on steady upward trend till it hits 21,000 points around February and March. If you're talking about over inflated and resistance sits in 21K mark with a support around 20K mark, then you are right. But that isn't much of a correction, it only reflects the market sentiment of having someone like him talked up inwards investment.
    I have no doubt there are some exits from foreign investors, but I think it has more to do with people being unsure of whether this will be the last straw that broke the Congress and GOP's back.

4. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

Comey, under oath to the Senate Judiciary Committee on May 3rd:

" it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something like that -- without an appropriate purpose... I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal... It's not happened in my experience."

Doesn't quite tally with his February memo.

5. lfc.eddie

Trump insinuate, didn't forcefully tell the FBI to stop investigating. Comey wasn't told to stop. Now that Comey is fired, the insinuation has become an order of some sort. In other words, Comey didn't take in what Trump hopes he would do and therefore relieved from his post. Now, that action made that statement made by Comey in front of Senate has become true. Before the sacking, it was just a suggestion without consequences if the suggestion was not taken in and act on.

6. El Dorado

El Dorado Well-Known Member

I don't see markets correcting meaningfully until we get a global recession.

All the Special Counsel will do is cost US taxpayers a shed load of money. The last one, during Clinton's administration, cost $40M to reveal a handjob.

7. redbj

redbj crowd fund for you to shut up give me the details

genuine question, not opinion.

but if the FBI/CIA bring him down, is that some serious implications for the way your country is being run?

as in, forget how detestable the Donald is, hes been voted into office, and its looking like (from an outsiders view) the FBI/CIA whoever it is has a realistic chance of running him out of town....all for sacking someone not voted into office.

at a really simplified level, it really doesn't shine a bright light on the 'greatest democracy in the world'.

again, its a question.

and if he is taken out....as bad a human as he is....does he become a martyr to the cuase....does this ultimately end up with non elected officials overstepping the mark and pushing the people that one step too far?

I mean....from a simplistic POV...he said what he said to Comey, whether Comey was sacked or still in his position...what does it say of Comey and his organisation that he ran with it until he got the arse?

interested to hear Arminus and Limies POV, not on the specifics, but the fundamentals of the situation.

apologies about the baseness of my question....icant stay focussed long enough on American Politics to have any idea about them...but I do enjoy reading TIA users opinions on the subject...it suits my attention span!!!!

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    redfanman likes this.
  8. Limiescouse

I think this is built on a false premise. The issue is not that he sacked someone not voted into office. That is a part of it, but just a part of a convoluted mess of cover ups, excuses that have been shown to be lies and rapidly changing defenses, all on top of Russian Involvement in our election, and almost certain continued influence.

The first bit - Definitely, it is a concern than Trumpism as a movement is actually emboldened by his removal, because it feeds into the narrative that made people buy into it in the first place.

The second bit - it wont be non-elected officials that remove him. He is largely immune to criminal prosecution while the sitting president. It would be Congress who would have to remove him, after which the justice department would determine whether there is a legal case to be brought. The various intelligence agencies and justice department officials are simply digging up the info that Congress may choose to act upon.

What do you mean he ran with it? Despite what seemed like a threat, he continued to be involved in various investigations that in Trump's orbit, and even increased the intensity of his work in them in recent weeks (it has been reported that he increased the frequency of his briefings on one of the investigations from biweekly to daily, and this is what coincided with him asking for more resources to pursue the case just shortly before getting fired). It seems pretty clear that Comey was incredibly uncomfortable with what he knew about Trump and has taken steps to ensure the legal process is being respected.

What do you expect Comey to have done? Stand up and talk publicly about the President being corrupt? He is a law enforcement official, and one of their primary principles is that if they are going to accuse anyone of anything they do it alongside the presentation of the evidence, and so in a court. It is precisely because he violated that princple by holding that Clinton press conference both stating that there was going to be no charges (he should not have done that) and that she was worthy of criticism (he definitely shouldnt have done that) that much of this mess started. There is a process

scouseheadross, redfanman and redbj like this.
  9. redbj

redbj crowd fund for you to shut up give me the details

10. Barnestormer

Barnestormer Left wing.

Every actual State is corrupt.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

redfanman and Hope in your heart like this.
  11. lfc.eddie

After months of missing in action, this is the best you could come up with.... very disappointed. :unhappy:

redfanman likes this.
  12. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Emerson is right about this, unfortunately so. Although there are different levels of corruption of course. But basically, the statement that power tends to corrupt individual people and also economic/political organisations is 100% correct.

Barnestormer likes this.
  13. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Apparently an interview with Trump will be aired shortly in which he floats the idea of him taking press briefings fortnightly himself, I guess taking the role away from Spicer.

It doesn't seem like a very big leap to go from there to only giving briefing invitations to favourable outlets like Fox etc.

This will end well.

14. Cologne-Liverpool

Cologne-Liverpool Well-Known Member

Is that the "Judge Jeanine" interview? I thought I had already seen a clip where he talks about that - hilarious stuff as always btw.

Irishanfield likes this.
  15. Zinedine Biscan

16. Cologne-Liverpool

17. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

You can cut the conceit with a knife. The whole point of the press secretary is that they can be fired when they screw up, and screwing up is inevitable.

redfanman likes this.
  18. Zinedine Biscan

Cologne-Liverpool likes this.
  19. Cologne-Liverpool

It's pretty much like Trump himself said, it's almost impossible for a single human being to keep up with the rate in which this man spits out this stuff...
    I'm probably only getting a fourth of all the bs and still feel like there's something new everyday..;-)

Zinedine Biscan likes this.
  20. Limiescouse

This isnt new. He suggested it a while ago (although all concept of time under this adminstration has been warped, and so it could actually have been yesterday). It was a comment made in response to Trump yet again coontradicting Spicer, Huckerby Sanders and Pence over something significant, I think the reason behind the Comey firing. Trump's take was that we cant expect them to know what is happening if they have to speak every day, so if they spoke less often they would have more time to get their story straight. But then he suggested he would do it himself, which shouldnt require time to get his sotry straight with himself.

Zinedine Biscan likes this.
  21. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

The rumours were spices was due for the chop anyway. Would be odd (but extremely entertaining in some ways for Trump to do it)

22. Barnestormer

Barnestormer Left wing.

Welcome back Ed I have missed you :-)

Well the greater point here is its rich to pick on Trump for this when the whole fkcing shebang is a house of cards on both side of the Atlantic, just like both sides of any gulf in the world. :unhappy:

redfanman and lfc.eddie like this.
  23. lfc.eddie

Especially working for Trump who keep shooting himself on the foot every couple of days.

24. Limiescouse

I think that's the sort of false equivalency that gave us a President Trump in the first place.

redfanman likes this.
  25. Barnestormer

Barnestormer Left wing.

Oh, do you, well it is about legitimacy.

26. scouseheadross

scouseheadross Watching from behind the sofa

Made me laugh reports of Trumps staff not leaving him alone with leaders any more because he 'speaks his mind'. Apparently some guy sits there rewording or explaining the various drivel coming out.

https://www.yabberz.com/post/new/87601297/?highlight=87601297

That doesn't work when he's at the mic - the press conference yesterday with the Brazilian President was cringeworthy, insulting the Mexicans stealing jobs was embarrassing. You're talking to a fellow Latin american!

So he won't last for his own idiocy alone but limeyscouse is right both that he brought the FBI all on himself and that it'll fuel exactly the paranoia of the state, media, liberals and foreigners that got him elected among a good number of uneducated, white voters. So where do they flock when Donald resigns to try and salvage some kind of moral victory, like his ghostwriter says?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-t...gn-says-presidents-ghostwriter-093416948.html

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 8:38 PM
    Irishanfield and redfanman like this.
  27. big noyd

big noyd Active Member

having the guy who got 3 million fewer votes, representing a party that stole a supreme court seat and does whatever it can to keep black people & college students from voting, in office to begin with is a sadder commentary on american 'democracy' than this fat, dumb bastard's flagrant corruption coming to light

redfanman and Limiescouse like this.
  28. big noyd

big noyd Active Member

if trump was really mr. tough guy usa #1, he'd have a strong response to erdogan personally instructing his goons to brutalize american citizens on american soil

but he's had no response. either he's a fat predator coward who can't even look women in the face when they confront him, or he merely saves his vitriol for the real enemies--beauty pageant contestants and disabled reporters

roger ailes was a serial rapist who made the country worse/dumber. live action fred flintstone sean hannity lectured 'liberals' for celebrating ailes' death...and then resumed pimping the seth rich nonsense

almost nothing about clown ass trump that seems bad at first later reveals itself to be totally innocuous. he's an extremely dumb grifter who's never worked a day in his life

redfanman, Limiescouse and lfc.eddie like this.
  29. lfc.eddie

@big noyd on top of being a coward he also have vested interest in Turkey.

He is a bully, and only dare to pick a fight with women. Look at all the head of states that visited him. Talk so much about China but when Jinping visit he was like a little mouse with him, then look at him with Merkel, showing his tantrum.

redfanman and Limiescouse like this.
  30. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member