Europa League 2015/16

Discussion in 'European Football' started by Nikola, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spizfromoz

spizfromoz The Ancient Home of Austerity

This is set up to be a fabulous tie. The world will be watching a little 'ol Europa league game.

The return of Klopp. The clash of German managers and styles. Our own Bundesliga players returning to Germany.

Two clubs with brilliant fans.

Two clubs with great venues.

Two clubs who play attacking football!

Someone wrote the script and then the ball dropped saying Liverpool will play Dortmund.

My hope is that the 2 games stand up as examples of the game - that everyone will talk about.

2. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

Kagawa is not too bad person. He used to play for ManU because of the pressure in Japan (in this country ManU is well known), but after that mistake he is back in Dortmund and stronger and better. Sometimes we should forgive the players their mistakes especially if the pressure in their families was high. And now Dortmund visit Asia every year and are well known team there too. There are many fans of Kagawa and Reus.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  3. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

Have been a fan of Dortmund for now, have a friend who plays for Beitingheim Steelers and have been wanting to check out Germany for a while now. How fun would THAT be? (Unless we get blown off the pitch, but I don’t feel like that will happen)

4. wogscouser

wogscouser New Member

LFC vs BVB - football wins either way but in particular with LFC going through to the semis

5. LaurazRed

LaurazRed The hopeful one

I just want to go into the second leg with a chance, that's all I want. I really hope we don't get battered. It going to be a fantastic occasion for both sets of fans.

6. GreenRedGreen

GreenRedGreen Well-Known Member

Whatever happens, it's these types of ties that build great teams, you just can't train or talk about the kind of experience the players will get from this, win or lose. You're forced to find another part of yourself that you didn't know was there, it's why real competition breeds progress, and the players will have to find more than they had before if we're to come out on top.

And if we don't, then the club will know a little more about the squad. Everybody wins from this tie, win or lose. But I will say, that I'm extremely hopeful for a good outcome. Nothing will be left in the tank, that much is certain.

It's why taking this competition lightly by English clubs is an embarrassment, and for us now that Klopp is here, something from the past. I can't help but think back to that limp draw away to Bordeaux, and what sort of team we were being turned into on the European stage, that too, is thankfully in the past.

I cannot wait for these matches.

7. Da Bulli

Da Bulli Well-Known Member

You know my thoughts on how we'll go .I'll add that if Dortmund are all that people suggest, we got "lucky" in drawing them now for a 2 leg tie rather than a one off final. I suspect that Liverpool ,under Klopp, would have been the team that most Dortmund fans would have feared to meet the most in a 2 way tie. I'd be interested to hear the Dortmund supporters views on that. I'll put 2 bob on Klopp getting us through one way or another.

8. Eintrachtfan

Eintrachtfan The convinced one

Spot on, I couldn't have said it better. After the games against Dortmund can we (and Jürgen) assess the current situation of the team and each involved player better.
    It seems most posters in this thread are thinking we are underdogs.
    I don't think so. I'm a believer. In my opinion we have a 50/50 chance.

Walk on, Reds, with hope in your heart .................

GreenRedGreen and Wyld@Heart like this.
  9. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

One other beneficial aspect of a two legged tie vs BvB is that - if we are indeed after any of the current BvB players - they will really enjoy experiencing both our home and away support. Little things that may help sway a player's decision in our favour.

10. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

The comparison may not end up being that favourable.

11. Kanonkop

Well, if the player is certain to leave BvB anyway it might! I.E. The comparison isn't between BvB and us, it is e.g. between City and us and both clubs are offering broadly similar terms and/or the player doesn't purely value his weekly pay-check as the only determining factor (I know - unlikely to happen with the majority of players!!!).

But it's a valid point all be it probably not the most important one. On the aspect of which team / stadium / fans to play for - The Kop (home and away) in full flow is a very attractive proposition and beats most others - certainly in England. In the same way that Klopp is a manager that most players would enjoy playing under in preference to most others.

12. Quagmire81

Quagmire81 TIA Regular

It might be a good think that they trashed Spurs, it could give some false confidence ahead of the games with us. No doubt the games against us will be much much harder for Dortmund. Also think it's perfect we start away so we can nick a goal or two and put them under massive pressure to perform at Anfield. All in all I'm not as nervous as I normally would going up against such a top side as Dortmund. We also have Klopp who knows their squad in and out and likely find some weaknesses to exploit... Man I'm glad we got rid of Rodgers we would had been humiliated big time in this tie under his guide let alone even getting this far.

13. Dortmund fan

Pochettino: Dortmund are at a Champions League level

14. Arminius

Dortmund would not look the least bit amiss in the CL stages, I'd put them as favourites over perhaps even Real Madrid. Really only Barca and Bayern that look clearly better.

15. Dortmund fan

By the way, it's not first time Klopp's and Tuchel's teams play against eachother.

They did it several times when Klopp was Dortmund manager and Tuchel was Mainz manager.

I'm not sure who was more successful in that games: Klopp or Tuchel.

16. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

You mean like the one we just had with Southampton? False hope and confidence only happens to fans, I can't see that happening to players unless you are AC Milan in 2005, even that wasn't a false hope/confidence, it was a freak of nature to have come back like that.

Copycat likes this.
  17. Dortmund fan

Skrtel is perfect for Aubameyang and Benteke is perfect for Hummels.

18. Quagmire81

Quagmire81 TIA Regular

Well as long as Skrtel and Benteke won't feature we should be good.

Shankly81 likes this.
  19. Eintrachtfan

Eintrachtfan The convinced one

I live 80 miles from Dortmund and I tried to get a ticket. Unfortunately Tickets will be selled only for BvB members.
    That would be the first time I can watch Liverpool live. It would be a dream.....

20. Dortmund fan

Danny Murphy suggests an advantage Liverpool have against Borussia Dortmund

Danny Murphy suggested on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show on talkSPORT on Monday morning (broadcast from 6am, March 21) that Liverpool have an advantage against Borussia Dortmund.

The Reds will take on Dortmund in the quarter-finals of the Europa League next month.

The former Liverpool midfielder Murphy believes that playing the first leg away from home is a bonus for Jurgen Klopp’s side.

“Definitely (Liverpool will play their strongest side) and also the fact that they are away first is a bonus,” said Murphy on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show on talkSPORT on Monday morning (broadcast from 6am, March 21).

"The chance, the opportunity to win if they can get through that tie and then go on and win it and get into the Champions League that way, it looks like a better opportunity than the league, so he (Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp) is going to play a strong side.”

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/2...s-an-advantage-liverpool-have-against-boruss/

21. Da Bulli

Da Bulli Well-Known Member

Ok, jokes aside...how confident are you of Dortmund going through?

22. Kanonkop

He is 100% confident that either the players of BvB or the managerial skills of Klopp will prevail and emerge as the winner!!!! ;-)

23. Dortmund fan

It depends on the squads. If Skrtel and Benteke will play it will be easy for Dortmund. If Lovren and Sturridge (or Origi) will play it will be an interesting match and Liverpool can win.

Not many teams can win in Dortmund. But in Liverpool is everything possible.

24. Dortmund fan

Bayern clearly better than Dortmund?

In the Bundesliga the refs help them (see for example their game against Augsburg this season) but they have only 5 points more than Dortmund.

Is their striker Lewandowski really clearly better than Aubameyang?

Is their midfield clearly better than BVB's midfield?

Most completed passes in the Bundesliga this season:

I. Gündoğan (1613) :-)
    J. Weigl (1582) :-)
    D. Alaba (1557)
    X. Alonso (1511)
    A. Vidal (1427)

— Squawka Football (@Squawka) March 5, 2016

Squawka statistic doesn't lie. Dortmund's midfielders Weigl and Gündogan are better.

Is Boateng clearly better than Hummels?

But maybe you mean Bayern has more money than Dortmund. Well, that's true.

25. Arminius

I'd put Bayern as better than Dortmund, from the matches I have seen and consistency over the season. But it would not take much in the way of odds to make Dortmund the better bet, particularly in a home-and-away tie. The last Bundesliga match I saw Dortmund in was against Koln in December, which does skew my impressions.

I do think Lewandowski is a more complete striker than Aubameyang, in the sense of being more likely to produce goals in some very tight games between evenly matched teams, producing from a half-chance.

I don't put a great deal of stock in the completed pass statistic, it doesn't tell you much on its own. It doesn't even tell you who the better passer is, let alone the better midfielder.

26. RedCanuck099

RedCanuck099 Well-Known Member

C'mon dortmund fan. Your team is highly underrated but they are not better than Bayern.
    Hummels would be a starter on Bayern and you could make a case for Reus and Gundogan....but that's about it.

27. Dortmund fan

I didn't wrote that BVB are better than Bayern, I just didn't agree with @Arminius that Bayern are clearly better.

The only one who is better is Neuer. Bürki still hasn't too mich experience.

Well, Müller was great in Brazil 2014 but to be fair Reus didn't has a chance to come to Brazil because he got injuried. In Bundesliga Reus and Müller are at the same (high) level.

Lewandowski is strong but that is Aubameyang too. Both are nearly perfect strikers.

Dortmund's midfield is better than Bayern's midfield, s. Squawka statistic.
    Julian Weigl develops fast and is the most talented young german player.
    About Gündogan, Mkhitarian, Kagawa & Co. I don't need to write something, everyone in Europe knows what these guys can. 3 technical great midfielders.

Hummels and Boateng were both great in Brazil 2014.

I really can not see a clear difference between these 2 squads. Bayern has an a little bit better keeper but Dortmund has the best talented midfield.

28. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Didn't Bayern pinned Dortmund back in their own half and played counter attacking football? If Bayern's midfield isn't good enough compared to Dortmund there is no way they could pinned Dortmund back for quite a lengthy spell of the game. Odd.... But then again we'd also be arguing that our team is much stronger than Leicester.

29. Dortmund fan

Leicester doesn't play in Europe League and on the end in the Capital One Cup.
    Their players had more time to relax than LFC players which had many injuries.

That means you compare a team which doesn't play international with Liverpool.

But Arminius' comparison was correct: we can compare Bayern with Dortmund because both play international and have the same number of games.

I just didn't agree with the result of his comparison.

30. FritzWalterndCatfishing

FritzWalterndCatfishing everythingkrauterthaneveryoneelse†ripmrkilmister†

ok man, i hate bayern, really ihate em, but with all your comments about in dortmund everything is better, the grass is greener, you do some feckin disservice to your likable club. point.

in my street are 3 fanatic dortmund fans and they are really hardcore fans, drive every home game, 400 km one way, etc.
    all of em say, dortmund is unfortunately the secound power in germany. bayern is a class above.

just look @ the bench. just look at all the money. bayern is a class above.

lewandowski - a class better than- aubameyang
    muller- 2 classes better than - reus

the list can be extended like a roman. . what about

alaba, costa, coman, xabi, vidal, lahm, robben, thiago, etc.

dortmund cannot matchup with bayern. point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.