Europa League 2016/17

Discussion in 'European Football' started by Nikola, Jul 8, 2016.

1. AussieLFC79

AussieLFC79 TIA Regular

Thats good, I would rather see them crying like little bitches after losing the final in a penalty shoot-out, leaving Zlat and De Gea realising that they are wasting their time with this clown of a manager and shitbag of a cluband deciding to both piss off in the summer.

Besides, I think both Ajax and Lyon are capable of beating this pissant team in a 1 off final, Celta I know nothing about, so not sure if they have a squad able to beat them in a 1 off game

2. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

One thing we know for sure is that Celta will be playing their absolute best squad, and fielding the kids in La Liga. They have no real chance at a European spot, sitting 10th and 8 points out of the last EL spot.

3. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

i'll be rooting hard for Celta.

4. kingoftown

kingoftown Really good aimer.

Big Iago's going to take care of them.

5. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Aspas possibly against Rojo... come on Iago, torture that fool!

Would love them to go out here in extra time.

6. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "┬┐Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Rojo had his knee done last night, same for Ibrahimovic. So I can't see Rojo come back for the finals.

7. Jimmyscase

Jimmyscase DoctorJimmy's casebook. Aerial knee-job merchant

I'm seriously weighing up the pros and cons of United getting knocked out 'early'. I think Spanish teams from lower down the La Liga table are always underrated by British media/fans so it could be another nail in the coffin for the fallacy that the top names in the Premier league can put their stamp of quality on a European competition. On the other hand, why is it to our advantage in the run in for them to have no escape route? I'm as torn as a Swede's cartilage

NYRhockey likes this.
  8. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

The idea is if they get to the final, especially after having to go all out to get through the second leg of the semi, they will almost certainly have to phone it in against Southampton and Palace, thus increasing our prosecpts of getting 4th. However, hopefully by then they will have dropped a bollock or two in the run against Citeh, Arsenal and Spurs meaning I can cheer on Celta wholeheartedly and not have to worry about dropped points in those last two league games.

Jimmyscase and NYRhockey like this.
  9. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Bilbao done a number over them years ago. It was glorious viewing.

Definitely want Celta to beat them, we should be okay no matter how seriously they take the league. I think they'll run out of steam, can see 3 or 4 defeats before the season is over and Jose losing his shit yet again.

10. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

It's 2 more games, going extra time against Anderlecht won't help for Sunday or Wednesday.

I've not read Sky's review but I'm sure it was the heroic defeat of the European giants Anderlecht.

redfanman and lfc.eddie like this.
  11. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

That's the beauty of it, 2 of their easier games (Burnley and Swansea) are either side of the City away game, before they go away to Spain. It's non-stop for them, they could easily drop points in the games they would have fancied the most, even forgetting they've got to go to North London twice around their European games.

It'll take a monumental fuck up from us or an amazing sustained run of form from them to keep up.

redfanman likes this.
  12. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "┬┐Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Or another great European nights from a great tactician who played his second tiered side (losing Rojo and Ibra) to see out the Belgian champions.

redfanman likes this.