FA Cup 2016/17

Discussion in 'Pitchside - Football Forum' started by Wyld@Heart, Jan 7, 2017.

1. FGred

FGred Well-Known Member

Yes it was coming to him and it looks like Hazard is injured as well should be an interesting run in the PL

Jase likes this.
  2. jaffod

jaffod Well-Known Member

More disgraceful refereeing of a United match. Should have finished the game with 8 players. A 2 footed lunge and a stamp both go unpunished.They're a team of thugs yet Mourinho still plays the victim afterwards and criticizes the referee. God I fucking despise these cunts.

Krimson and ILLOK like this.
  3. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Well that weekend seems to have guaranteed at least 7th will get Europa League football next season.

4. SBYM

SBYM I'm just living the dream

Get off the bloody fence, would ya?!

;-)

Jase likes this.
  5. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Did the ref see Rojo's stamp or not?

If not, it'll be interesting to see what kind of ban he gets. It looks every bit as nasty as the Mings one.

6. jaffod

jaffod Well-Known Member

If he admits he saw it and did nothing then he's hanging himself out to dry. Then again he saw the 2 footed lunge and did nothing so who knows?

7. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

Ibrahimovic suspended
    Herrera suspended
    Rojo suspended
    Kane injured
    Hazard injured
    Sanchez wants to leave

[​IMG]

FGred, SBYM, Krimson and 3 others like this.
  8. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

FGred, SBYM, Krimson and 2 others like this.
  9. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Herrera's got another one of these faces you could punch all day. He's got certain team player qualities and seems like a good kid (maybe too good), but I'm not sure if he'd be one of my favourites even in a Liverpool shirt. Leaves the impression of that too excited spoiled kid who gets in everyone's arses, acts like he's good, but you know deep down he's a little rat. Even a United fan told me that last night "his face alone tells you he's a little bit retarded".

lol

lfc.eddie likes this.
  10. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

I am liking Conte more and more, damn him.... this is Conte's jibe at United's dirty tactic.

He's saying Mourinho's boys going out there not wanting to play football but kicking Hazard. lollollol

11. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

I liked this one "The fact is that Pogba has got the potential to be as good as Zidane. Problem is that he thinks he already is"

Livvy and Zinedine Biscan like this.
  12. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

Did you see Mourinho's post match comments about "Still being No. 1"? Fucking embarrassing. It's not that we had to wonder how long it would take for the wheels to start coming off, he only arrived with 3 lol I'm so glad he's back in the league.. every panto needs a villain.

13. lfc.eddie

Yeah telling Chelsea fans until someone won them 4 titles, his 3 titles still give him the title as the best. Fucked up....

14. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

I meant that he felt the need to react to it and in such a defensive way. Could you imagine any other top manager doing anything other than laughing it off?

15. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

The best thing about that is that it really gets under ManU fans skin. The idea that their manager is judging himself based on what he has done for Chelsea drives at least one I know mental.

Jase likes this.
  16. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

yeah good point

My eldest is a Utd fan and he would talk you deaf about how he cringes every time Mourinho opens his mouth

Arminius likes this.
  17. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

It's interesting, I quite liked him in Spain but he is certainly trying too hard to be a Man Utd player, seems so suited to them.

18. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

To be fair, that was in response to stick from Chelsea fans, stick that I thought was disgusting. Just because we are now happy with Klopp could you imagine us signing, wholescale (not a small section of unrepresentative fans), "fuck off, Benitez" when he comes back next year with Newcastle? Hell, we welcomed him back with affection even when he was representing Chelsea.

FGred and Jase like this.
  19. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

I get your point but it's apples and oranges for me. Benitez was and is an affable, humble and genuine (seeming) professional, Mourinho on the other hand...

20. Zinedine Biscan

Pretty shocking that Chelsea fans turned out to be charmless oiks. Bit out of the blue, that.

Arminius likes this.
  21. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

I'd argue the reason they have maybe a higher quota of knobheads in their ranks is down to Mourinho. When he was there he created such a "them and us" atmosphere that he turned many of the more reasonable ones into scarf blind morons who thought the world was out to get them.

22. Zinedine Biscan

When he was my age, actually a bit younger, my dad would routinely drive past the Bridge as he worked fairly nearby, and sometimes on match days. I can confirm that Chelsea fans being utter dicks is not a new phenomenon...

23. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

that's just some football fans. My dad was a Chelsea "fan" when he lived in London before they got rich, went to all their home games and doesn't have any horror stories to speak of... unless ofc he was one of the dicks ;-)

24. Zinedine Biscan

Hate to be the one to break it, but...

In all seriousness, the Chelsea Headhunters are one of the more notorious football gangs, my dad saw all sorts of trouble around the ground until he started giving it a wide berth on match days even if it meant taking longer to get to work. If anything, they're probably better now than they used to be. Mouthy and entitled, though.

25. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

My Dad's time was in the 60's, possibly before your Dad's time?

That's partly the point.. these things wax and wane. Football, especially at the higher levels is very tribal and it doesn't take much to push a section of the stupider supporters that way. I think Mourinho encouraged that kind of mentality when he was at Chelsea.. not the violence obviously, but the feeling that it was them against the world and everyone else were haters.

26. Zinedine Biscan

It isn't just this incident, though, but also stuff like the racist abuse on the Paris metro last season (I think?). It's true that Mourinho seems capable of riling people up like few managers in history, but in Chelsea's case I think there's long been a nasty, loutish element.

It's obviously not every supporter of theirs. My oldest mate and the best man at my wedding is a lifelong Chelsea supporter and is a good guy often saddened by the antics of their former manager and some players, and people like your dad as well. But their nastier element seems a lot worse than the nastier element you find at most other clubs. Imo obviously.

27. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

haha, i'll tell him that

unless we're saying that people who live around Chelsea are more prone to violence or just being arseholes than other people, then the only other conclusion i can see is that they've been molded that way at various points in time... momentum plays a part for sure, but it does need regular topping up, and Mourinho has played a part in that imo

28. lfc.eddie

There is no comparison..... we have too much class among us, a word you can hardly associate it with Chelsea fans these days. And whose doing was that? Mourinho's work itself. He created that sort of mentality among their glory hunting fans, and now he is taking his own bitter medicine. Again, never ever compare Chelsea fans to us - we just have too much class.

29. Limiescouse

Chelsea's fan base has 3 distinct elements

- The old school violent louts who are a hold over from when they were a complete footballing irrelevance. Obviously some of them may be too young to go back to that time, but would have inherited from dads and uncles.
    - The new fans who came on board at the time football started becoming trendy (mid to late 90s) when Chelsea' cosmopolitan flavour made them the trendiest side in a newly trendy sport. Very often these were not even football fans prior to supporting Chelsea.
    - The even newer Abramovic era fans.

I think the attitude of group 3 very definitely has been shaped by the antics of Jose as @Jase was describing. Group 1 were a natural group to take that nasty side on board and run with it.

Zinedine Biscan and Jase like this.
  30. Limiescouse

I didn't