Final Standings

Discussion in 'Pitchside - Football Forum' started by Quicksand, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Quicksand

Quicksand New Member

Chelsea will undoubtedly be champions. Don't think there will be disagreement on that.

I went through the remaining games for the other five of the top 6 teams, as unbiased as possible, and added up the final table.........

Champions.....Chelsea
    2nd Man City 84 points
    3rd Spurs 78 points
    4th Liverpool 77 points
    5th Arsenal 67 points
    6th Man Utd 66 points

So, some obvious room for error, but....
    Arsenal are unhappy. The Wenger saga, training ground unrest....all adds to mayhem in the club. You cant keep qualifying because of a sense of entitlement. Wenger will go in the summer or be pushed.
    Man Utd will probably be without Zlatan for a couple of games. He makes them. Hopefully he will throw the toys out if he gets a decent ban.
    Liverpool just need to play with consistency (alien thought at the moment) but I am convinced 4th is achievable. With a degree of comfort.

James H likes this.
  2. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Thread moved to the pitchside forum.

3. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

I did a remaining fixtures predictor after the Leicester game, and ended up with it us in 5th level on points with United in 6th (70 apiece).

I think obviously you end up feeling more optimistic after a win and less so after a defeat. All that really needs to be said is that given the remaining fixtures - not even barring City, given our results against the big teams - finishing in the top 4 is entirely within our hands. All the teams above us will be dropping point, particularly as most of them still have to play each other.

I can't think beyond Burnley at this point, I have to be honest. It's a huge marker for the rest of the season. Finally dispatch one of these smaller clubs like we should do on paper with ease, and it will give me more confidence for the rest of the season.

James H likes this.
  4. James H

James H "I dunno, I just work here"

How many points are chelsea finishing on if City have 84?
    I also think Liverpool could get fourth but i don't know it would be as comfortable as ten points, Arsenal always wobble at this time of year but tend to finish strong enough, so it could be a tight race for the top four yet.

5. Rambler

Rambler Bootle Boy

Both United & Arsenal to pick up only 17 points from possible 36?

And us to gain 25 points from possible 33?

I'll have some of whatever you're smoking.....

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    lfc.eddie likes this.
  6. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

James H likes this.
  7. James H

James H "I dunno, I just work here"

Livvy likes this.