Football Manager 2014 - Now FM2017

Discussion in 'Bits and Bobs' started by liveforthereds, Aug 23, 2013.

1. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

liveforthereds likes this.
  2. AussieLFC79

AussieLFC79 TIA Regular

I get the impression most people complaining are getting the hump with the random nature of how brexit is worked into the game. Some are getting a soft brexit with limited disruption to EU transfers whilst some are getting hit with hard brexits are different dates within the game and then they get the hump as they fail to adapt to the changes.

On a personal note, I have found that the match engine seems to be far less acceptable of the often prefered 4-2-3-1 formations, or atleast for me it is. I have tried to build a Klopp-esque tactic, but struggled to get the striker/s closing down as much as I wanted until a suggestion from someone on fm-base had me look into a strikerless front 3 in the AMC spots which seems to have had the disired effect in closing down from the front and limiting the opposition to 1-2 shots a game whilst having a bucketload myself.

redfanman likes this.
  3. eng.amohd

eng.amohd The false nine

Isn't the 4-3-3 the norm now? Personally, I always loathed the 4-2-3-1, I see it quite imbalanced. Regarding the match engine, always keep in mind that the formation you choose is the defensive shape of the team, so a 4-2-3-1 can be interpreted as a 4-4-1-1 with proper PI for the MR/L.

4. liveforthereds

liveforthereds asp67 twitter

I use 3-4-3 to great affect

5. eng.amohd

eng.amohd The false nine

My fav formation is the 3412 and I am currently ubeaten in about 25 games with Liverpool with it, conceding just 7 goals :-)

6. liveforthereds

liveforthereds asp67 twitter

Currently I am manager BVB in fourth season not won the league yet, Bayern are very strong yet I can beat them quite easily, Stevie G is my no.2. Just picked up Can for 45M after a season long pursuit, Reds wanted double but pushed and Can asked to leave. Also have Mascherano, picked him up for 1.1M at 34 he is still a top player.

eng.amohd likes this.
  7. AussieLFC79

AussieLFC79 TIA Regular

Going by the posts on a couple of FM forums, the trend seems to be 4-2-3-1, but it may be because the match engine seems to be more receptive to 4-3-3 set ups that posts asking for help with ideas makes it seem the 4-2-3-1 is more popular.

redfanman and eng.amohd like this.