Georginio Wijnaldum (CM/AM) Newcastle United

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Nikola, Jul 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spizfromoz

spizfromoz Well-Known Member

I've learnt to doubt everything Brendan says.

2. Bellion

Bellion New Member

I never realised this was the only forum on the net.

I was on RAWK and JA606 in 2011, still on the latter, left the former because the average member on their is a deranged lunatic, the final straw was when I explained why 14/15 would be a disaster and got peddled with abuse, and the ironic thing? I was right in almost everything I said, Suarez will be a big miss (almost everyone everyone replied with "nah Suarez won't be missed aslong as we keep BR and our system, yeah ok mate).

3. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

Probably holds some truth but tbh I couldn't give damn what that fucktard Rodgers has to say as it's only the truth according man who can't see his own faults and in his own mind he's an outstanding manager

4. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

Fair enough mate but you made it sound like you use to post here especially when you came in all guns blazing
    Welcome anyway and looking forward to cross swords with you down the road and sorry for questioning you loyalties. :well done:

spooky and Bellion like this.
  5. Dave-D

Dave-D Well-Known Member

Two unknowns from Germany. You are aware Klopp spend many years managing in Germany and will know both those players very well so they'll be anything but unknown to him.
    Let's also add Klopp just signed a new long term contract, he would never in a million years have signed that if he wasn't happy with the signings being made or players being targeted.
    Now on to Rodgers the man who takes all the credit and deflects criticism. What makes you think that his go at the TC wasn't just to make him look better to his potential new employers and shock horror he wasn't at fault is was that dam TC who caused all the problems.

Eintrachtfan and Livvy like this.
  6. Bellion

Bellion New Member

Well most of us thought the sun shone out of his arse in his first two years here, so much so that someone made that cringeworthy gif of Brendan looking up to Paisley in the sky.

7. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

Tbh I never did even the season we finished 2nd I always felt that things were off.we never dominated the midfield so even if we were 2 up we always looked dodgy.
    I always remember a game against West ham at Anfield around the new year where we were well in charge 2-0 up at h/ t I think and West ham scored early in the 2nd half and basically for the next 20 minutes kept running through the midfield. Luckily we scored and then again and won 4-1 and that was that was basically who things went all season. I felt that city had the upper hand with going into the Chelsea game as I always felt we would struggle.

inaiq likes this.
  8. Bellion

Bellion New Member

Shows just how good Suarez is, thanks to him Brendan Rodgers was nearly a PL champion, crazy.

spizfromoz likes this.
  9. LFCFFC

LFCFFC New Member

One thing you can be guaranteed, Klopp's not signing for the sake of signing. Seems he's either been bought to add goals/competition as an AM (11/5 in a relegated team being played out of position on the left for the majority of the season is pretty damn impressive) or possibly to drop back to CM as he has done in the past. As a CM you'd be right to have a few concerns, but that's not to say he'd be incapable of developing into that role and Klopp has good form for molding players to the position(s) he feels they're suited to.

Really interesting either way... welcome aboard Gini!

Livvy likes this.
  10. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo optimism in spades

The sun did shine out of his ass that second season. It was fucking great. Let's not muddy that season with what came after, and let's not go to much further astray from welcoming GW to the club.

ptt likes this.
  11. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Yossi Benayoun was sold in July 2010, way before Kenny Dalglish was brought in. Also before the club was sold as well. So you might wanna go back and brush up on your club history before lecturing people in here. I wanted to give you a bit of rope since you're new, but clearly you are here for different agenda. What's the point of supporting a football club where it gives you no satisfaction and fun.

Livvy, Celtic Dragon and Fester like this.
  12. spizfromoz

spizfromoz Well-Known Member

The sun shone out of Suarez' arse in 13/14. Brendan's teeth looked a lot whiter as a result.

redfanman likes this.
  13. AYBGerrardo

AYBGerrardo Well-Known Member

Every fucking thread.

14. Lalo

Lalo Member

Of course it makes more sense to play him as an AM, I fully agree with you. Yet I would like to see how he performs at central midfield :rolleyes:

15. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

I will add that because of Rodgers, Suarez wasn't a PL champion.

16. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

well watching brazil vs netherlands 2014 world cup and he played in cm and seems he did a pretty good job, so can def see him there.

17. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

We didnt keep the system. Had we done so, and brought players to fit that system, we would have had a great chance of finishing top four, even without Suarez.

Chewbazza likes this.
  18. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Our finishing spot is misleading. Jurgen came in about a third of the way into the season and had little coaching time with the team for much of it due to the number of fixtures. We had the massive number of injuries and two lengthy cup runs. Jurgen could easily finish the league this season with the same squad much higher up the table.

Bringing in just one or two players for areas we did lack can only make us stronger.

Chewbazza, Livvy and Kanonkop like this.
  19. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

Exactly. Karius, Matip, Mane already make us much stronger. All three are definite starters under Klopp. Wijnaldum likewise when he signs. Then we have Grujic who looks excellent and it is pretty clear that Ings is a major improvement on Benteke in a Klopp team also. Ragnar a likely improvement on Skrtel also. So that is at least 6 instant improvements of which at least 4 will be regular starters. We are already 10pts minimum stronger than last season just by our transfer activity so far.

cardiffpete, Eintrachtfan and Livvy like this.
  20. ptt

ptt Mane I'm excited for this season

Warning warning, thread heading massively off course.......

MarkMcC and Fester like this.
  21. Fester

Fester Well-Known Member Valued Member

I just don't understand the pessimism on here.

Looking on from where I'm sitting its like watching a mini playing revolution starting before your very eyes at your club. We probably haven't seen anything like this since Rafa first arrived and started to tap into his Spanish footballing roots. I can't help getting the impression that Klopp and Brains know exactly what they are doing and are on a mission similar to when they first arrived in Dortmund.

Most of the well-known names that we've come to associate with Klopp and his Dortmund sides were brought in for small(ish) fees. There's absolutely nothing to suggest that the same won't happen again here at Anfield. I find it all exciting, positive and impressive.

Sit back and enjoy the ride ............. !!! :well done:

treboeth, Dave-D, redfanman and 5 others like this.
  22. ptt

ptt Mane I'm excited for this season

I never have. Supporting a football club is supposed to be enjoyable, that's why we do it. Some just seem to experience pain, upset, misery and general negativity. If it's that bad for someone, why not do / follow something that makes them happy?

23. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

And much as I love Rafa, that first summer even he brought in the likes of Josemi and Nunez among the Alonsos and Garcias. I don't get the same sense of impending flops from any of Klopp's new recruits.

Chewbazza and redfanman like this.
  24. D Fred

D Fred Active Member

Our Brenden wanted Michael Vorm, Ashley Williams, and Leon Britain, true story.

25. Fester

Fester Well-Known Member Valued Member

Yep, and there were probably others but you are missing my point spectacularly. For a start, I'm not making direct comparisons on specific things like player recruitment success rates.

Its like a new beginning, an injection of positivity, a major step in the right direction ....... someone who knows what he's doing ...... blah-dee-blah-dee-blaaaah!

Houllier achieved a lot more than he's been given credit for on here but in the end we needed somebody like Rafa to step in and freshen things up. Likewise Klopp ...... in fact moreso ....... !

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    redfanman likes this.
  26. Rattlesnake888

Rattlesnake888 Well-Known Member

What was your username on RAWK?

27. inaiq

inaiq "Some people feel the rain others just get wet"

I have decided to listen to " Let it be " when I knock on the door to have a chat and they only want talk through the letter box...

28. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

Maybe turn the old getto blaster first and my try the Beatles version, heavy metal tends to scare the old folk

inaiq likes this.
  29. Barnestormer

Barnestormer Left wing.

30. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

What? I wasn't disagreeing with your point, simply agreeing that there's plenty of reasons for positivity given that even one of our best squad-builders of recent times didn't get everything right when he first arrived, but the signs are that Klopp appears to have gotten very little, if anything, wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.