Goal of the Season

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by shankly96, Oct 14, 2016.

1. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

Two months of football, two goals of the month for Liverpool. The official goal of the season historically goes to goals much later in the season so it's unlikely those two goals will win goal of the season, but if we keep scoring like we have been we'll have goal of the month every month, easy win ;-)

Anyway what I'm proposing our own forum goal of the season comp with the contenders being added as the season goes along, and then at the end of the season a mod can add a poll to the thread with the goals for us to vote on. I've put the goals that I think deserve to be in the running below, if you think I've missed any that should be here post them in the comments. This is just something that I think could be a bit of fun for the forum.

[​IMG] (Coutinho vs Hull)

[​IMG] (Henderson vs Chelsea)

[​IMG] (Firmino vs Leicester)

[​IMG] (Lallana vs Leicester)

[​IMG] (Coutinho vs Arsenal)

[​IMG] (Mane vs Arsenal)

That's already quite a few, maybe we'll need to trim the competition down at some point.

Which of the contenders so far is your favourite?

2. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Henderson v the chavs,although nice to have loads to choose from,welcome to the premiership Antonio:-)

3. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Coutinho's goals, both Arsenal and Hull ones are very good. Henderson's goal was more of the way the game had panned out and the significance of it. But for me the Coutinho's ones are more measured and we know it's coming.

4. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

I think Mane's brilliant effort at the Emirates tops the lot.

OLDIE, redfanman and Drubas like this.
  5. redaderry

redaderry Well-Known Member

I honestly couldn't pick one from that selection. All fantastic goals, although I love watching all Liverpool goals (i watched the Liverpool vs Dortmund goals on a loop for about an hour, esp loved the slo-mo of Lovren after the goal). I will wait till the end of season before i pick one but hope that Monday night will provide some more choices.

6. liveforthereds

liveforthereds asp67 twitter

For me it's hendo's goal against Chelsea, you won't see many better than that this season

redfanman likes this.
  7. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

I just did up there.... from that Brazilian.... :-)

8. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

I like the header from Grujic against Barcelona but not sure the pre-season games count or not.

9. Scott Jones

Nah,Henderson:-)

10. Scott Jones

Seriously though,I think Henderson deserves it as that kind of goal for him is not typical whereas coutinho will probably bag a few more of the one he scored this season,just to be sure you didn't think I was being rude.:-)

11. KCollins

KCollins Active Member

Jordan's goal was nigh on perfect. As a goal it was pretty much unsaveable. The way he met the ball as it was just on an upward bounce gave it that extra bit of height which took it over Cech and then dipped into the top corner. Coutinho's free kick against Arsenal was inch perfect so we've been spoiled with world class goals.

12. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

Coutinho against Arsenal. From that distance, against the run of play, and against Peter Cech. Henderson's goal was fantastic - don't get me wrong - but was in the flow of play, and Courtois had to adjust on the fly. Meanwhile Cech, a keeper I think is better than Courtois, had time to set his wall, set his feet, and prepare for the shot.

And still couldn't do a damn thing about it.

koptician, Lalo and lfc.eddie like this.
  13. Joe Ware

Joe Ware Well-Known Member

Cech??

Sorry I'm being pedantic!

14. Ʒan

Ʒan Well-Known Member

It might bring a few shakes of the head given the quality of some of the individual goals for us this season, but the goal to put us up 1-3 against Arsenal is my goal of the season. Lovely worked team goal, a really classy flick by Coutinho to put Wij in behind the defence, then a hugely underrated finish by Lallana (low, hard, tight angle, with milliseconds to decide and on the half volley...Superb). It isn't a moment of absolute brilliance like the others on offer, but the few touches of real class in this goal by a number of players pushes it above the others IMO. Its the first goal that pops into my head every time I think about how we've scored this season.

And just quietly, I don't think he has played that well generally this season, but Coutinho's 'moments' have been pure sex so far haven't they?

norwegian wood and Scott Jones like this.
  15. Joe Ware

Joe Ware Well-Known Member

Coutinho's second at Arsenal was also a very difficult goal to finish - but he made it look so easy!!

16. norwegian wood

norwegian wood TIA Regular

Been quite a few stunners already. Very difficult to pick one. Mane vs Arsenal was utterly brilliant, so out of the individual efforts I'd go with that one. Hendo's strike vs Chelsea was also superb.

For me though, a good team goal is better than an individual effort, so I'm leaning towards Mane vs Leicester. Excellent goal.

Billy Biskix likes this.
  17. redbj

redbj crowd fund for you to shut up give me the details

Knew it wouldn't get the plaudits it truely deserves, but the team goal coutinho finished off vs arsenal is some of the best football I've ever seen, over 30 passes, probing, back out, back in, back out, then the full back gambles and coutinho finishes it....absolutely breathtaking 30 plus touch goal.

Scott Jones likes this.
  18. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

The two goals that have been mentioned that weren't in the original post

[​IMG] (Coutihno #2 vs Arsenal)

[​IMG] (Mane vs Leicester)

After the boxing day match I'll post a poll of all the contenders up to that point (and lets face it, there'll be a fair few more classy goals scored between now and then) and the top 5 or 6 goals by votes will be carried forward to the main goal of the season poll at the end of the season. I'll also do similar thing towards the end of the second half of the season (but before the last game of the season so the proper poll can go up on the last day of the season with any worldies scored in the last match included in the overall poll).

In the mean time which player are you still waiting on to score a banger?

Scott Jones and EdWood like this.
  19. Genius

Genius The Somewhat Normal One

For me right now. I would go for Hendo.
    The placement of the ball, the height, the curl to beat Courtois was simply amazing. Throw in to Grujic's epic reaction to it.

Other than that... my other fav goal this season is Klopp's blindfolded penalty lollollollol

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  20. Commando

Commando Active Member

It's Henderson's for me. The team it was scored against gives it extra kudos. Any goal against them gives me pleasure.

21. redbj

redbj crowd fund for you to shut up give me the details

This is in no way a complaint against you, but the problem with that footage is it's about 3% of why the goal is so great.

I have googled it, I don't think you can get a gif with all 30 plus passes in it.

Again, not having a go.

22. Quagmire81

Quagmire81 TIA Regular

We scored a lot of really great goals this season. Henderson verse Chelsea and Lallana's verse Leicester was quite spectacular. Hard to pick one but Mane's against Arsenal was just mindblowing as he drible past two men before scoring.

redfanman likes this.
  23. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

haha, I know, I tried to find one for ages for the match thread, but even just the one touch take from Cou still makes it a very good goal :-)

redbj likes this.
  24. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

This was a beautiful team goal, feel it has to be included in the comp
    [​IMG]

25. Ballgame59

Ballgame59 New Member

This one from start to finish !

Alright Now likes this.
  26. vjcpatriot

vjcpatriot Active Member

Henderson's goal is still the best of the season for me so far. Simply brilliant.
    The season is only 25% done though so there's still a lot of footie to be played.

redfanman likes this.
  27. Alright Now

Alright Now Well-Known Member

Hendo's because Courtois often looks like the tallest man in the world.

28. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

Another contender
    [​IMG]

lfc.eddie likes this.
  29. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

These are the goals from the first half of the season that got through the mid season poll to be in the end of season poll. Sorry it took so long to sort out the results, been in a bit of a mood with football for the past month, but feeling better now lol

[​IMG] Henderson vs Chelsea

[​IMG] Coutinho vs Arsenal (1)

[​IMG] Mane vs Arsenal

[​IMG] Lallana vs Leicester

[​IMG] Mane vs West Brom

[​IMG] Origi vs Bournemouth

[​IMG] Origi vs Sunderland

The most recent goal that was entered into the goal of the season comp was Gini's against Shiteh, if you think any of the goals we've scored since that game are good enough to be entered into the goal of the season comp let me know in the comments. There'll be poll towards the end of the season for the goals scored in the second half of the season, and then in the last week of the season the overall poll will be done.

30. Bino the Original

Bino the Original Member

I know this is all lfc related but shout out to johnny howson today...stunning.