Jürgen Klopp: 2016-17

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by El Dorado, Jul 28, 2016.

1. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Klopp and Pep havent been found out. Neither have Barcelona.

2. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Yeah Conte has to learn his players something they are fucking useless going forward,don't know how he's survived in the job tbh.:eh?:

Alright Now, geebo and redfanman like this.
  3. Rambler

Rambler Bootle Boy

Is it just me or does anyone else find it hard to understand what our manager is on about in the pre and post match pressers? :?:

Flobs and Libero like this.
  4. redfanman

Just you ;-)

What's he said that you dont understand?

Jimmyscase, Livvy and geebo like this.
  5. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member

I said next season.

6. Scott Jones

Thus you're saying theres a problem with them in your judgement from this season,i mean duh.:eh?:

redfanman likes this.
  7. Rambler

Rambler Bootle Boy

It's no doubt a language issue... I lose the thread and it just sounds to me rather disjointed and at the end I'm not totally sure what he was meaning to say ...But I do find it very entertaining ..

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017 at 9:11 AM
    redfanman likes this.
  8. Flobs

Flobs FADA

No it wasn't it was Woy!

redfanman likes this.
  9. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member

Woy didn't play a defensive system. He played a totally shit weird more interesting looking at paint dry system.

Anfield rd Dreamer likes this.
  10. geebo

geebo Bekloppt ! (German for loopy)

Back to Klopp, I think he has done brilliantly this season, and with the majority of players who he inherited, and he just took them up a gear. I think to go from 8th to 3rd or 4th in a season is a very good achievement considering the high quality of the premier league.

11. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

Agree with that but I do have that What Might Have Been this season feeling

12. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Rafa plays a very rigid and structured system, by no means defensive. His idea is to move from defence to attack in the shortest route possible, and if there is none, sit back with the ball and be patient. If you watch his style with us at 2008/09 you will see he isn't exactly a defensive minded manager. Watch Valencia, see how they play. His style is rigid, he doesn't like you to express yourself too much, keep the system ticking the way he wants it. It is a myth that Rafa Benitez is a defensive manager.
    Again, Conte is a classic Italian manager who plays efficient, pragmatic and rigid system. The Rafa, or to be even more accurate, the Sacchi method. He knows how to play attacking football as he has shown in this season, but his problem against United was missing Alonso at the last minute. Like @Limiescouse said in another post, he should have used Pedro and Willian instead of Azplisomething to play as wing back, that kills their attacking threat which is why Young looked good in that game and not being exposed.

Barcelona played with the same system and won league title twice, and the treble season. You need to realise that players get old and they get slower, and Barcelona do not have the personnel to slot straight in to take up Iniesta and Busquets role seamlessly. Barcelona have always had a bad defensive line and under Pep, their defenders hardly troubled because their midfield was too damn strong.

When we were having problems, we lack the personnel, not because Klopp was found out. After some 10 games, teams know how we played. The problem is when Mane, Firmino and Coutinho starts together, anchored and supported by Lallana, Wijnaldum and Henderson, the opposing team cannot stop us. Coupled with Matip playing alongside Lovren helped calm the backline down a fair bit. So let's not forget that and call it "being found out".
    That is exactly right. A team setup in two banks of 4, and hoof the ball up as much as you can. Possession is not a stats he values.

13. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

Agree, to an extent. While we've had some awful dropped points like @ Sunderland when Mane decided to play goalie, or the collapse @ Bournemouth, etc, i read/heard something along the lines that we've gained the most points from a losing position, ie. we tied or won the game when we were down. So what i'm saying is over a 38gm season you'll gain points you thought were lost and you'll lose points you thought had won and it may not be fair to think that only the good should have happened and none of the bad.

Livvy likes this.
  14. redfanman

Because you like trolling, or because you like to see only the negative?

Alright Now and Livvy like this.
  15. redfanman

Roy did play a defensive system.

16. Makati Red

I guess you have to remember the manager has got us 66 points from 33 games and he has earned the right to make mistakes as such. The bottom line here is if BR was still the manager we would probably have 55 points at best. Its just give me those 5 points from bournemouth back wtth the two from Sunderland and were in with a chance of the title.

Hopefully as Klopp is a very intelegent person he will have learned from this season about a lot of thing but the biggest one being that due to the intensity of the PL he cant play the way he wants to play for a whole 38 games and will need to make adjustments for next season.

The manager has done a brilliant job but I see no problem calling him out when I think he has made mistakes which he has done this season.

However 2 points a game from where we were when he arrived is real progress.

17. redfanman

So, according to you, we are 7 points off of having a title challenge and yet this season is evidence that he cant play the way he wants because of the intensity of the league? Nonsense. If anything the opposite is true. We just need a stronger bench.

Alright Now and geebo like this.
  18. Billy Biskix

Billy Biskix TIA Youth Team Valued Member

Last two results have put a different complexion on the second half of the season. We were never going to maintain the momentum of the first half. 43 points from 19 games was over-achieving. We fell away badly in Jan/Feb but, to be fair, probably our worst performances during that period came in the cups, Plymouth, Wolves, Southampton (twice). In the league we weren't too bad. Decent draws against Utd and Chelsea and a convincing win against Spurs thrown in.

Of all the league games this season the ones where we've been hopeless from start to finish are Burnley in August and then Hull and Leicester in February. The other two league defeats against Bournemouth and Swansea were just thrown away. Architects of our own downfall there and the Karius experiment cost us dear.

I am not getting complacent about top 4 just yet but there has been undeniable progress this season. Still a fair bit for Klopp to work on though, especially defensively, regardless of where we finish.

19. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

So the manager has earned the right to make mistakes but you see no problem in calling him out if he does. Does. Not. Compute. Crikey fuck, can you at least TRY to not contradict yourself in the same breath every single time?

20. Scott Jones

21. lfc.eddie

If anyone is worried that Barcelona or Madrid or even Bayern could prize our manager to their club, rest assure.....

http://www.espnfcasia.com/liverpool...ggests-retirement-after-liverpool-tenure-ends

Ignore the headlines, he didn't say anything about retirement, but he isn't going anywhere anytime soon....

22. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

@lfc.eddie , I am going to be so sad when he retires, but I guess being a football manager 24/7 takes it toll on your health and you don't have much time for family and other hobbies.
    Klopp's beard has gone a bit more grey, Guardiola has more frown lines on his forehead and Mourinho has aged so much and looks so haggard.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    SBYM and redfanman like this.
  23. lfc.eddie

@Maria, Xabi would be in his 40s. Ripe and ready for his return, assisted by Gerrard for some 4 years. The Spaniard move to Real again and Gerrard takes over. Stuff that fairy tales and nightmares are made out of.....

geebo, Maria and redfanman like this.
  24. redfanman

I think i read somewhere that he plans to go back to Mainz to live at some point in the future. I wonder if he would go back to work there as well.

25. lfc.eddie

Hope it's going to be 2027. By then we would have won our 23rd league title and whoever takes over will continue to collect them. :well done:

redfanman and Alright Now like this.
  26. Libero

Libero Well-Known Member

His pre kick off presser against stoke, someone find that. It was complete jibberish. Like you said though, entertaining. Think he is buzzing and his brain is going a million miles an hour that he himself doesn't know what he is saying.

redfanman and Rambler like this.
  27. Alright Now

Alright Now Well-Known Member

I'd argue the learning is evident in the last 6 points, no? He came into this stretch knowing he would need a more practical style and he's deployed it effectively. It'll never end. Next year, we'll have a deeper squad and I'm sure he'll be dragged over the coals for his selections. Fortunately, he is his own man.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017 at 4:51 AM
    redfanman likes this.
  28. Alright Now

Alright Now Well-Known Member

Hmm. You could substitute fan for football manager. I need to start thinking of a nice retirement spot too.

redfanman likes this.
  29. Makati Red

As you say take away the PL games from Sunderland to Hull and you will find our points per game average is not far behind 43 points for 19 games ie 2.26. We have 20 points from 9 at an average of 2.22. pretty close

So bar that horrible patch we have been pretty consistent. so if we hadnt had that blip then we would be looking at 8 points more which would put us on a par with Spurs.

30. Flobs

Flobs FADA

I haven't listened to his press conferences for a while as I was getting frustrated by his jibberish. I couldn't tell you what they are like at the moment. I felt he was getting frustrated/bored with the same stupid questions and trying to answer them in an intelligent and informative way. He needs a holiday!

If I were you I wouldn't persist with this here. What you have said has been taken as a criticism of Klopp which is totally taboo. Intelligent conversation is often impossible, The answer seems to be to post what you wish to say in a mad fashion and leave it at that. lol

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017 at 9:02 AM
    Libero likes this.