Jürgen Klopp: 2016-17

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by El Dorado, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Jimmyscase

Jimmyscase DoctorJimmy's casebook. Aerial knee-job merchant

He's a very energetic speaker in German too, and not an efficient one. It's not anything anyone really wants him to change is it?

rupzzz, SBYM, Alright Now and 4 others like this.
  2. Jimmyscase

Jimmyscase DoctorJimmy's casebook. Aerial knee-job merchant

Klopp's final league placings at Dortmund 6-5-1-1-2-2-7 only once came about as a result of a higher placing being surrendered. 8th last year was also a modest improvement on 10th when he took over. He's not great in Cup finals but his teams have the heads & legs for strong league finishes

SBYM, rupzzz, redfanman and 1 other person like this.
  3. geebo

geebo Bekloppt ! (German for loopy)

I decided to watch a Klopp Presser (post WBA). He gives long answers, but they are analytical, clever (from my perspective) and informative. He seems to know about the nuances of the game. It doesnt seem incoherent to me, He mentions that Sturridge was offside ! And defended Moreno. I think he sound better than most managers !

This was the post match presser, and not the "5 mins after the match , standing my the advertising board" interview: There I think it can be emotional, and with quick fire questions, but that is the same for every manager.

I have to add that I can speak German, so I recognise the mistakes he makes in English (when he uses "since" instead of "for" or when he say we are "in a good way") then I know what he is getting at !

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017 at 10:38 AM
  4. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

I haven't seen any posts on here taking what they have said as criticism.

NYRhockey and Scott Jones like this.
  5. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

agree
    It`s a bit like ... this is not "my cup of tea".... or as we would say... this is not "my beer" :-)
    This is a "language thing", and he translates some things like "how we would say it in german", so yes it could be a bit confusing sometimes.

6. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Klopp just isn't a media trained robot and doesn't hide his emotions,i think it's refreshing to here someones real opinion good or bad,i think he reads sarcastic questions very well and scoffs at stupidity from media cockroaches whilst just about stopping steam coming from his ears.

7. Libero

Libero Well-Known Member

Agree with @geebo, when he talks football and breaks down the game it's very interesting to listen too and I enjoy his press conferences. The more formal if you like press conferences he generally speaks well and it is all well thought out.

My previous post was more so in regards to the 5 minute chat they show before kick off on game day, there where as geebo also points out the questions are coming in quick succession he can tend to go off on different tangents. I guess the atmosphere pre kick off his mind is on other things. Very entertaining but not always coherent lol

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017 at 12:32 PM
    redfanman likes this.
  8. Flobs

Flobs FADA

However the part you decided to answer to just goes to show the intelligence you put into the reply. :tongue::J

9. Flobs

Flobs FADA

I don't know how managers do it. I know it's part of the job which is forced on them. In any case I wouldn't last 2 questions before being restrained and removed by the security for being a raving lunatic. Surprisingly most people I know consider me patient (probably because they've known me a long time and I ain't half changed in my older age).

Maria and Scott Jones like this.
  10. Scott Jones

When sat down in pressers he often looks for a bottle of water to unscrew and take a sip possibly as a delay tactic and a opportunity to swear under his breath,he's like a coiled spring.

11. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

lollol
    I also noticed he makes these funny facial expressions (in a good way I mean) when the journalists ask weird questions and laughs as well as another delay tactic perhaps. I am in agreement with with geebo too, that he answers questions in an almost a scientific way, when explaining his tactical formations in the post match conferences. I think he explains things very well and I have learned quite abit from his tactical analysis and he is quite patient with the media. I think he is very astute and quick-witted in handling the press. I also think he has a good press officer who briefs him well.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017 at 7:49 PM
  12. redfanman

If your first statement wasnt correct, your second wasnt relevant :tongue:

Flobs likes this.
  13. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

Oh fuck, and so it begins.

We are now analyzing every word he says in press conferences. Next step, people will start complaining about his teeth, and if he visits a dentist and gets them sorted, it's game over!

lfc.eddie, SBYM, pottymonster and 7 others like this.
  14. Flobs

Flobs FADA

Did i make a statement?
    Sorry I never intended to. :((

redfanman likes this.
  15. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

It's all FSG's fault for getting such a charismatic and enigmatic personality who knows football, we could have had a more experienced Harry Redknapp, which would have been alright, we could have coped with his dentures.lol

Lowton_Red and redfanman like this.
  16. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

0:34

LaurazRed, inaiq, redfanman and 2 others like this.
  17. Rambler

Rambler Bootle Boy

Why were we playing in blue in one of those games? :?:

18. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

I'm about six months late to the party with this, but as we've still got a couple of days until the next game, thought I'd post it now.

It's a cracking watch, all of the goals we've scored during Klopp's first 12 months:

Some of these are just ludicrous lol

Maria, lfc.eddie, Livvy and 2 others like this.
  19. redfanman

Perhaps I'm just biased but I can't remember a time when so many of our goals were so good. We don't seem to score too many scruffy ones (at least this season particularly), which is odd considering the frequency we score.

Zinedine Biscan likes this.
  20. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

Some interesting stats for Klopp to deal with and why he may well consider buying 2 CBs this summer Matip has started 67% of games and Lovren 72% thats basically your first choice pairing out for a third of the season but at least it most didnt happen at the same time.

Also the CBs probably are the players with the least pressing in Klopps system and get it easier than any other players on the pitch but still injuries keeping out two best CBs out.

Klopp defo needs to modify his approach next season in relation to the attackers and midfield players because there is no doubt the injuries have hurt us for the title this season or have been a major factor but NOT THE ONLY FACTOR.

What are the odds someone comes back on here and said you have changed your mind again!

21. Bambii

Bambii TIA Reserve Team

Didn't realise how bad it was. That's without European footballl too. Definitely need a CB who can play consistently. That spine of the team is so important.

22. Makati Red

Just imagine how bad it would have been if they had both being injured at exactly the same time,

23. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

A major factor in whose injuries?

It wasn't a factor in Coutinho, Mane or Henderson's injuries. Lallana got injured on international duty. No need for an explanation with Sturridge. Ings knee problems predate him ever having met Klopp.

Seems to me like we have had impact injuries and the players who historically have got injured a lot have picked up their annual knocks and scrapes.

When Klopp first arrived we had a spate of hammy pulls. That can probably be put down to his style and how hard he had them working. I just don't see how the bulk of injuries sustained this season can be attributed to pressing when you actually analyse them.

24. Makati Red

25. Makati Red

The point I was trying to make is the CBs dont press so its very annoying they have been out for so long when its not the training thats the issue.

26. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

You did make that point but then made a point that was almost contradictory straight after.

lfc.eddie likes this.
  27. Kaliberbeats

Kaliberbeats Well-Known Member

Pissing away 2 January transfer windows didn't help either.

28. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

29. Scott Jones

The assumption we tried to get fuck all in both January transfer windows is just guess work and petty.

eng.amohd, NYRhockey and redfanman like this.
  30. redfanman

It's not even guess work, as numerous sources have confirmed our intent and attempts to sign players