January Transfer Window 2017

Discussion in 'Pitchside - Football Forum' started by Zoran, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Rossello66 likes this.
  2. James H

James H "I dunno, I just work here"

60m for oscar is extortionate

Rossello66 likes this.
  3. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Yes it's a lot of money, but I read somewhere that includes his wage package as well. I don't think he should go considering how bad their leagues still are, but footballers are in it for money would find it hard to turn down £300K a week.

4. James H

Ah, any idea of the figure without the wage?

5. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

If you look at some of the other salaries in China you would expect it to be massive. China has 7 of the top 20 best paid players in the world (none of whom should be anywhere near such a list), and when you look at who those players are Oscar would deserve to be among them

Hulk 350K (Euros)
    Lavezzi 300k
    Pelle 290k
    Gyan 250k
    Ramires 250k
    Jackson Martinez 240k
    Teixeria 230k

Hell, there's a guy I've never heard of who plays Oscar's role for the club he's going to who earns 150k a week. After looking up this guy I see he is a 33 year old Argentinian who never made it to Europe and international experience that amounts to a handful of U20 caps over 10 years ago.

According to this same list Oscar's basic at Chelsea is a fraction above 100k, so you would imagine this move would represent a significant increase. Given that both Augusto and Paulinho have resurrected their career's with the Brazil team while playing over there I dont see why he shouldnt take the deal.

6. lfc.eddie

Was told by Foxsports Asia that he's going to sign for 3 years worth £12M per year deal. So I guess it's probably £24m for transfer fee. I could be wrong, but that's what was offered as total package, £60m which includes his wages. That's how the Chinese deal works apparently.

7. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Man, if they can get that kind of money for Oscar and Schneiderlin, I'd be looking for at least 20 million pounds for Sakho. Incredible deals for players who've barely had a look-in for more than a year.

8. lfc.eddie

You can only get the Chinese to buy him and he needs to want to have dimsum for breakfast.. Or else it doesn't matter.

9. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Shame about Oscar, I really liked the lad, probably will be forgotten like that bloke we tried to sign.

Scott Jones likes this.
  10. James H

I think, and i could be wrong here so whisper it, we should sign Messi and Suarez!

inaiq likes this.
  11. inaiq

inaiq "Some people feel the rain others just get wet"

Don't stop there, let's go for M.S.N ;-)

Edit: sorry I forgot to whisper it.

James H likes this.
  12. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

Looking at these...I would say I am at least one tenth as good as Hulk....does that mean I could go to China and earn 35k (Euro) pw?? How do I get onto a transfer list? I want to go make some money, and 35kpw is adequate for me!

Scott Jones and James H like this.
  13. James H

(Whisper) we'll smuggle them out Barca won't even know! You bring the sack il bring the disguises.;-)

14. James H

Just fax Graeme Souness and say your Kaka's cousin!lol

redbj and bridgeman like this.
  15. bridgeman

bridgeman Banned Users

16. DrSnuggles

DrSnuggles Member

17. gingerbread

gingerbread TIA Squad Member

24 mil for Schneiderlin? So Everton is starting to act like big boy now, ey?

18. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Could do with buying 2 or 3 players and spread the cash a bit more, looked at their squad and it's pretty thin and that's without injuries.

19. gingerbread

gingerbread TIA Squad Member

True, I think 2, 3 or.... 11 starters probably will improve their team immensely...

Joking aside, Everton has been massively under-performing these past 2 seasons IMO. For a team with quite decent quality, does not lose many key players, recently start to invest lots on players, and the general club structure hardly change from years to years, they should expect to be constant 6th or 7th at least.

20. lfc.eddie

They're not skint anymore. Farhad is actually looking to increase his stake by investing in the club to dilute the existing shareholders for the sake of making them competitive again. Farhad Moshiri is pretty loaded, around a couple of hundred million shy from our own John Henry. I think they can afford to splash £24m on a central midfield with defensive mindset, after all Barry ain't young anymore, with spare change for others if Koeman needs it.

For me I am actually quite surprised that Schneiderlin isn't a starter, thought he would fit in perfectly for Mourinho and his style of play. I rated this fella when he was in Southampton though.

21. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

I know they have money but I think they need to expand the squad a bit more.

22. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

Did I hear something today about Courtois to Atletico??

23. lfc.eddie

Not going to happen, he's happy now apparently.....

24. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Man United are apparently on the verge of signing two Benfica players, Lindelof and Semedo.

25. Limiescouse

I thought they had outright shut down the talk of Lindelof because of their progress in the CL?

26. Dave-D

Dave-D Well-Known Member

50 plus million is the asking price and supposedly most top European team want him. I think they feel cashing in is the right think to do whilst he is high on teams wanted lists and a bidding war will commence

27. Limiescouse

Aye, I guess publicly claiming you are "shutting down talk" is the right thing to do if you want to initiate a bidding war.

28. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

Story from Argentina has Tevez going to the top of that list now.

29. TFC

TFC TIA Squad Member

The figure I saw was about 600+k/week. That's crazy money....any idea on how they are taxed over there?

30. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

Its pretty simple really; hire an actor with a Brazilian accent to be your agent, another one to pretend to be Romario and then pretend to be his cousin. Its worked before ;-)

Livvy and lfc.eddie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.