Javier Hernandez (CF) Bayer Leverkusen

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Zoran, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

2. lfc.8

lfc.8 Well-Known Member

This would be another step backwards. Simply not good enough. Add to that for where he played previously.

3. vetle12345

vetle12345 Active Member

I’d love him here. Simply not good enough @lfc.8 ? He’s scored around 20 goals in Germany this season, hasn’t he?

4. vetle12345

vetle12345 Active Member

Actually, a goal every 74th minute. Bring him in.

Drubas likes this.
  5. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

Very harsh indeed.

At Manchester United he was always a threat and he suffered at the love in the had for Rooney, Van Persie et al

As a finisher he is up there with the best.

6. teto_pp

teto_pp Active Member

Not good enough hope we don't get him at all

7. LFC4EVR

LFC4EVR Klopp fan

I'd like to see him here. He's a real poacher. He's gets into the box at the right time, can read a pass and is pretty mobile. Was wasted at Utd and RM. If he's half the price of Tex I say that's good business for someone of his caliber plus it sends out a message we aren't the mugs we once were in the market paying over the top prices.

redbrummie1 likes this.
  8. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Hm. Reliable source but I can't quite believe it. Not all that impressed either. Poacher but doesn't really contribute much else, and will be 28 in the summer so the money being discussed seems a bit much to me. As a sub could be all right, I suppose, but I wouldn't want us to try and build an attack round him.

I'd rather we give Danny Ings regular starts next season.

I don't care about the ex-United thing either, just don't think he's good enough to be first-choice, and it's a proper first-choice that I want us to sign.

Steve_LFC, legalalien and DEVGRU like this.
  9. DEVGRU

DEVGRU Banned for the umpteenth time

There surely must be better options than him around.

Does this thread even have any merit?

10. ShadesOfRed

ShadesOfRed TIA Youth Team

He signed a 3 year contract with Bayer at the beginning of this season.

Don't really care about him being an ex manc but don't see this happening either way.

11. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

Good player,if we can't get anyone better he'd do for a year or two.
    Don't give a toss about where he's played,either,could work for us when we play them.
    I'm starting to believe that we are not going to strengthen our our goal scoring potential this window,stupid,if true,as we don't seem to have enough goals in the squad to go the distance in any cup.

12. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

Sounds like a 'let's see if we can spook Shaktar' thing.

Clive likes this.
  13. brush85

brush85 Well-Known Member

Poacher, who is quick and plays on the shoulder. Should have been the first option ( or a similar mold of player ) as soon as January started, instead of trying to do dramatic deals.

14. rippedshorts

rippedshorts TIA Regular

I like this chap. Similar attributes to Sturridge.
    Sturridge, doesn't contribute much to play's buildup as well.

15. BeautifulGame

BeautifulGame Active Member

We can't sign him this window becoz he has already played for United as well.

So don't see how it can spook anything with Shaktar

lfc.eddie likes this.
  16. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

I've already admitted that he was one Man United player I found hard not to like even when he was scoring against us. Well behaved, hard working, and didn't throw a fit when Van Gaal was constantly leaving him on the bench. As for his playing characteristics, it's simple - create a (half-)chance in or around the box and you can guarantee he'll be on the end of it. On his own, he can't do much with the ball, though, but if Klopp boosts our creativity, you can bank on someone like Hernandez to make the most out of it. I can't tell if he'd work well in frontline pressing that Klopp wants from his players - he does move smartly enough to worry the defenders (and probably close down a few passing alleys between them), though, and his pace would be perfect for counter-attacking team.

However, as others have pointed out, he's not someone who likes to participate in build-up, who can dribble past people, create chances... But in the end, from an individual player, ten goals and ten assists are the same as twenty goals or twenty assists. I won't have problems if Klopp signs a player who can guarantee 15-20 league goals per season, even if he was a former Man United favourite.

fcukManU, redfanman and OhYaBeauty like this.
  17. DEVGRU

DEVGRU Banned for the umpteenth time

What we need is a striker who works well in the box and finishes off half chances or is a predator. We do not have that at the moment.

I am not speak about this summer..I am speaking about at this moment in time. And we don't even have a youth player who can come into the first team even as a stop gap in that position which, is pretty worrying.

For the millions we have spent on scouting and youth development, why are we in this position that we have to go out and spend crazy money on stop gaps?

18. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

A decent player, but what does that mean for our squad? Ings/Origi would be displaced, and he's not like for like for Sturridge.

I'm guessing it's lazy journalism.

legalalien likes this.
  19. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

Feel the same way. If we're going to panic buy in the wake of not getting our main target then we really shouldn't be spending over 20 million on someone who we're very unlikely to build our attack around.

20. Danny_

Danny_ Active Member

No thanks and not just because of where he used to play. He'd cost at least 12m, probably more, and is not any better than Ings. When Ings comes back, we'd have a problem. If we need someone short term, we should try to loan a player out.

21. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Good player, has proven that he can score in a top league, and also in the Champions League, on a regular basis. But anyway, that's not one for here and now (which would be needed given our drought in goals).

Leverkusen won't let him go with no time left to replace him.

We'll likely make do with what we have got, which is admittedly not much right now. But Origi will come back at some point, and so will Sturridge as well (touch wood).

22. gr_sounder

gr_sounder The Lurking One

I find myself completely un-excited about Hernandez. I've seen him too many times for Mexico and with ManU... and he's just not been someone that has impressed me "that" much. Now... I will be honest and admit have not seen him more than once for Bayer Leverkusen... so it's possible he's now finally getting the opportunity to show his skill and is taking it full force.

I've always thought he was a good player, but not a great player.... someone who will do well if they are in the right system and with the right team. By the same token, I have always thought the opposite as well... that in the wrong system or with the wrong players around him he'll flounder.

So with that... I'm not sure I think he's the right fit.

23. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

Id prefer Shane Long

24. Steve_LFC

Steve_LFC Well-Known Member

A lot of transfer plans talked about for summer. But we are still in a winter window. And nobody coming in when we still have 3 cups to fight for.

I'd loan Pato for 6 mths as a stop gap.... oh wait somebody else did that.

25. MikeOscar

MikeOscar Klopp Klopp

Good but not a great player in my opinion. Would be overly expensive seeing as he's having the season of life now.

His history with United makes me never want to sign him, ever. His ridiculous nickname is the final nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned. No thanks.

ILLOK likes this.
  26. Eggmundo

Eggmundo If you fail to plan, You plan to fail !

No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. indianscouser

indianscouser Oh ya Beautttty!!

I had said this in who would you buy thread.
    Id take because he solves our problems. He brings goals. Ya i know the ex utd link. I think he would suit us perfectly.
    Naturally , mixed reviews. But id purely look from the point of view of what we lack and what he provides. He would easily score 10+ goals each season.

28. SupaLFC96

SupaLFC96 Well-Known Member

I think the price should determine this one. £12-14M yeah why not. Anything above , no. He wasn't with United that long for me to be hindered by that.

29. kipland007

kipland007 TIA Youth Team Valued Member

I don't know about this one. On the positives, he plays in a very high-pressing, energetic side under Schmidt at Leverkusen and has clearly thrived in that role. I never hated him when he was with the Mancs and I'm sure it would make their blood boil if he started banging in goals for us, so nothing wrong with that in my mind.

My reservations would be that, at 28, he's almost certainly hit his highest level and that seems to be mainly as a pressing, energetic forward who can finish well. There's nothing wrong with having this player on our side but I don't think this is really the major issue sticking out. Adding him wouldn't do much to solve our creativity problems, which I think should be priority number #1. If we can add another top class attacker to our side this summer, hold on to Coutinho and continue Firmino's development, then I think he'd be a fine addition, but at the price quoted it looks more like a "big" summer signing than an additional piece. However, if we do sell Benteke for a similar fee it probably wouldn't be a bad swap.

Granted we couldn't exactly buy him from United, but it is a little discouraging to see that we're still targeting players that are pretty much known quantities (sort of like Lallana) and won't immediately improve the overall quality of our side. I'd prefer if we overpaid for a player like Teixeria who could kick on and become one of the top players in the league than overpay for a player who is consistent and reliable, albeit at a slightly lower lever than what we'd like. (In fact, this is a point I've made about our general strategy and that I think we need to be taking more risks on buying oversees.)

30. Brock34

Brock34 TIA Squad Member

Scored two more today.

He wouldn't be my top target, but for a fee around 15m I think he'd be a solid addition this summer. Fits much better than the vastly more expensive Benteke. He can press high, get onto through balls from Coutinho and Henderson, and most importantly finish.

And The United thing doesn't bother me with him. Would actually really piss off United fans to see him play well for us and watch another talented player excel after leaving them (i.e. Kagawa, Di Maria).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.