Javier Hernandez (CF) Bayer Leverkusen

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Zoran, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VictoryInSight

VictoryInSight Tactical Genius... at least on Football Manager

Aubameyang would be my top target but... 1. Too expensive and 2. Prefers to play in Spain rather than in England

Chicharito is more mobile and gets into better positions in the box than Benteke - I mean at least he won't be waiting around at the back of the penalty box, but rather to latch onto anything around the penalty spot and 6-yard box.

2. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

It would be the Liverpool way to spend big on the player straight after their one purple patch in football.. Then see them never replicate it here. Not convinced personally, just like I wouldn't be if we went for Vardy.

t34m43 likes this.
  3. KillerBeeLFC

KillerBeeLFC TIA Reserve Team

Hes not a flash in the pan, he was always dangerous for the mancs just never got a proper chance there. I hated seeing him come off the bench against us. Hes pacey, makes good runs and hes always had that natural instinct for goal. He seems exactly what we need and would contribute much more than big ben.

rupzzz likes this.
  4. GreenRedGreen

GreenRedGreen Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's arguably the anti-Vardy. Personally this is the first season I've become aware of Vardy, and he's model for never doing it again- plus, he'll be 30 next season.

Hernandez is only 27, and has always scored goals, and more so, as you say, I hated seeing him come on, he's always a threat if he's on the pitch.

After looking it up, he's scored 80 goals in 119 appearances for Utd, Real, and now Leverkusen. That's a career purple patch, anything but a flash in the pan. And he only stopped scoring for Utd when Moyes arrived. 33 league goals in his first 3 seasons at Utd, mostly as a sub too as far as I remember, and well under 30 appearances in each of those seasons- 27(13), 28(10), 22(10). He's got 13 in 16 league appearances for BL.

He'd also be highly motivated to score goals for us too after being let go by Utd. And that would make signing him even sweeter.

Limiescouse and Drubas like this.
  5. Dave-D

Dave-D Well-Known Member

He may not be the best fit ie pressing from the front but neither is Benteke. At least Hernandez scores goal which is more than can be said about Benteke.
    I wanted him when manure were getting rid, id be able to see past his previous employer when he is scoring goals especially against them.

6. DEVGRU

DEVGRU Banned for the umpteenth time

Sweet like lemon grass ice lemon tea with sugar? He does have an excellent scoring record but the treatment he has recieved from Moyes and then LVG has been pretty shocking...you would think the club would want to have 4 strikers..who does not want 4 strikers available to any manager? The logic behind selling him just makes no sense whatsoever to me...

And he has gone and proven the decision making at Man Utd absolutely wrong.

GreenRedGreen likes this.
  7. jimbo

jimbo TIA Regular

Please explain how on earth he is a step backwards ? United treated him like shit last part of his career there! If anything would like to sign him and him scoring a winner against them! We have also got to remember loyalty and rivalry is not the same in modern footballers. The only loyal people in a club are the fans , the rest are just workers!

8. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

And not always even them.

9. ptt

ptt Mane I'm excited for this season

Anybody who does that is welcome at Anfield :-)

Bodger likes this.
  10. Bodger

Bodger Well-Known Member

would love love love Hernandez. He's a suarez-type player (minus the world-class quality of course)- but he's fast, strong, annoying for defenders and has a very good eye for goal. He would be a very good acquisition- but I imagine he has attracted a lot of interest and would he really leave after just one year?

Would love to see him score against the mancs and go mental in front of the Kop. Would prefer him to Morata too, as unlikely as that one is.

11. jimbo

jimbo TIA Regular

What a ridiculous statement- I've not come across a LFC who is not loyal to the club.

12. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

IF and if he does come to Anfield, I feel a bit awkward as a fan how to greet him, as he did play for Man Utd. Won't he feel a bit awkward coming here, after playing for them? Usually, ex Man Utd players never come to play for us and our ex players would never come and play for Man Utd because of our bitter entrenched rivalry. I hope you guys get what I mean here.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  13. ptt

Paul Ince played for us? Wasn't great but the fans didn't utterly hate him. It is possible, it's just not common. But a good player who knows where the net is is good in my book!

redfanman likes this.
  14. treboeth

treboeth Well-Known Member

Didn't the manc mouthpiece Michael Owen play for us as well [emoji6]
    Hernandez was a pain in the arse
    And could do well with us.

15. MarlboroMan

MarlboroMan Vertrauen Sie mir

As ptt said Paul Ince and our very own traitor, Michael Owen. Normally I wouldn't want us to sign a former Scum but there just aren't many goal scorers available this month, not to say Hernández is, but he has been linked and he would help right away. He's got PL experience, think the TC like that, is mobile, quick, has good movement and scores goals. Still can't imagine Leverkusen would be willing to sell him after only 6 months and in that tome he has been fantastic for them. Can't see it happening myself.
    It would be awesome to see him score for us against the Scum though. :-)

redfanman and Maria like this.
  16. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

FWIW, the stories are about us going for him in the summer, not this month.

17. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

@MarlboroMan, yes, I remember Owen going there, but funnily enough not Ince, I just thought it was one isolated case. If you guys deem Hernandez is good enough, then it's ok. I do remember hurling insults at him at the tv (to my shame) when he was playing against us.

18. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Well then, i guess we have different ideas as to what loyalty means.

19. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

Ince didn't go there, he came there. But not directly though. I think he joined us from Inter Milan, and of course Owen didn't go there directly either. It was his third club after leaving us.

20. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

I can't think of a player who has moved direct between Liverpool and Utd. Rafa tried to sign Gabriel Heinze a few years back, but Fergie had a strop.

21. treboeth

Phil Chisnall 1964 was the last direct transfer apparently from them to us.

22. ptt

Snapped his hamstring first day here too.

redfanman likes this.
  23. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Oh, yes, I remember Owen doing that. I suppose it is ok doing it that way, causes less friction.

24. StevenAlonso

StevenAlonso Member

He is a very good player no doubt..I am still not sure why Man Utd sold him..Perfect box to box player with an eye on goal always..Good with headers too. Will deffo suit our style. The fee should be right - less than 15 million.

25. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

I trust in Klopp not to buy such shit

26. RedJacko

RedJacko TIA Youth Team

It's disappointing to check the rumour mill and continually see this thread at the top.

27. nevermind

nevermind Do not trust Atoms they make up everything

Dangerous little fecker always seemed to have the knack of saving uniteds skin especially against us, as long as he bangs in goals for us I can forgive him to a certain extent, but wouldn't be singing any song about him.

28. teto_pp

teto_pp Active Member

There is a reason he was binned from those teams despite that goal record. He offers nothing else but goals from inside the box. You will not see him taking on defenders, or holding the ball, or contributing to the build up play, just scoring goals inside the box.

We don't need a poacher, we need someone who creates goals and contributes to the overall play and Chicharito is not that player.

29. spizfromoz

spizfromoz Well-Known Member

Given how few goals we get from inside the box, a poacher would do just nicely. It's another matter who it is. There's no one scoring enough goals from anywhere .

treboeth and GreenRedGreen like this.
  30. treboeth

We have enough players to do all that stuff, be nice to have one that just scores[emoji13]

GreenRedGreen and spizfromoz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.