Jesus "Suso" FERNANDEZ SAEZ: 2013/14 (on loan at Almeria)

Discussion in '2013/14' started by Nikola, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

While I'd obviously be gutted to see a kid as talented as him leave Liverpool before really proving his worth, I like that every player, no matter how talented he is, is treated with the same criteria when it comes to hard work and dedication in training. Club aren't afraid to let him go on a free (although I'm still convinced that his contract has more to run) if he doesn't prove himself, so the ball is firmly in his court. Hopefully he seizes his opportunity, I really want him to become a good player here, he has all the attributes needed to become a good midfielder.

norwegian wood likes this.
  2. Herb

Herb Well-Known Member

Personally I'd be happy if he stuck around, and I'd be surprised if we let him go on a free at the end of the season, he's somebody who'd probably command a decent fee. Still have faith in him being able to reach his potential and being a decent option as cover for numerous roles. Would like to see him get some more chances centrally this year if possible as he does seem far more effective there.

3. NZred

NZred The Red From NZ

Would be our loss and I would consider it fucking criminal. This kid has the goods to be something very special

4. brush85

brush85 Well-Known Member

Needs to stand out in pre season..wouldn't be the first player to do that and end up staying with a club that might have been looking to sell him.

5. JustHitMyHead

JustHitMyHead TIA Reserve Team

I view his recent comments about wanting to stay and "sign a new contract" to mean that he wants more money. Otherwise... do it already and end the speculation.

6. brush85

brush85 Well-Known Member

You have to be offered a contract before you can sign one....he has just spent a year on loan and has no idea if he is even going to have a future with us.

If he was sold, we wouldn't get much money for him, so at this point, it's not like either of us have the leverage. We don't because he wouldn't be worth much and he doesn't because he has lots to prove.

7. JustHitMyHead

JustHitMyHead TIA Reserve Team

Hmm... I thought he was offered a 5 year contract and stalled on signing it. That could all be me just remembering Twitter rumours and not the mainstream press.

When it is in the back of your memory it is hard to recall these sort of details.