Joe Allen (CM) Stoke, Swansea

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by i_still_miss_fowler, Jun 9, 2016.

?

Should Liverpool try keep Joe Allen

1. Yes

62.7%
  2. No

37.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treboeth

treboeth Well-Known Member

I beg to differ Swans are a much better team :-)

<<<<<<<<<<Swansea Boy :celebrating:

2. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

£15 million for Ibe, £13 million for Allen.

£28million for bit part players. Good deals for both, its crazy money now.

3. Toro

Toro Florida Red

I really like Joe Allen and don't want to see him go. But I understand his desire for first team football.

If this deal closes, I wish him all the best, and thank him for his service to the club.

DanLFC likes this.
  4. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Wee Joe Allen will finally get to realise his dream of forming a midfield partnership with Charlie Adam.

Tbh, Joe Allen for £13m would be decent business for at least half the PL but he's just not quite at the level or with the skill set that we need.

Good luck to him.

Dortmund fan, T.C.B and DanLFC like this.
  5. El Dorado

El Dorado Well-Known Member

All the best to Joe. Always hard working with a great attitude here. A good fee for Liverpool and a good result for Joe Allen. Should see real playing time at Stoke.

6. spizfromoz

spizfromoz Well-Known Member

I think we might see a little profit on sale of players this window. We might be cashing in on some of the silly prices paid for EPL players. Depends how things fall.

7. Colorado Red

Colorado Red TIA New Signing

Was wishing he'd be kept, think he's been a very useful player to have around, especially as a sub who changes things up in our midfield, and in those games where we might be playing against teams that come out very defensively, and we need to shift to a more possession based game.

That said, understand his wishes to be a weekly starter rather than a squad member, and will wish him the best.

8. kingoftown

kingoftown Really good aimer.

Very enjoyable player to watch provided he isn't expected to finish. Though he had a couple of decent goals last year, it's always been the part of his game that left me wanting. However, he has always been a model professional and their has never been a question over his effort. Best of luck wherever he lands.

9. Danny_

Danny_ Active Member

13m for Allen. Christ, I was expecting about 6-8m. The transfer fees really are insane. He's a good squad player but we don't need a big squad next season and he only has one year left on his contract. I will be delighted if we sell him for 13m. We should be focusing on bringing in real quality, even if we have to pay big for it.

10. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

Selling Allen for 13m looks like decent bit if business to me.He was never going to get a lot of First Team football here anymore,so Stoke might be a good fit for him.
    Wasn't happy when Rodgers signed him,but he is a hard worker who doesn't lay down,and I grew to like him.
    Wish him all the best for the future(always assuming this goes through.)

11. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Yeah wish him all the best.

12. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

Looks like we have learned something from the Reina-Barca situation, where we thought the bid will come and made our plans but the said bid never came and we were left with both Reina and Mig. We are now trying to force Swansea and Allen's hand by accepting the Stoke bid. And to me looks like Swansea want to get him cheaper by dragging this till the last day of window, which is not possible now. Hope Swansea either cough up the £ or walk away. All of which indicate that Klopp didn't / couldn't accommodate Allen in his plans for some reasons (could be Klopp or could be Allen wanting game time).

13. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid Valued Member

Wouldn't have minded keeping Allen, but hey. £13m is whats best for business.

14. EdWood

EdWood TIA Youth Team

Good luck Joe. Wish you were staying but that's life.

It wasn't your fault that Rodgers failed to turn us into a bigger version of Swansea.

15. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Going back to Swansea is maybe a bit meh for him, Stoke are in a much better place at the moment, more ambition as well. He can always go back to Swansea when he's 30 and be their new Britton.

Billy Biskix, redfanman and ILLOK like this.
  16. cardiffpete

cardiffpete TIA Reserve Team

LFC have agreed the fee, but other clubs (like Celtic and BR or else his home club of Swansea) could still just either match or maybe even better that fee, very soon. Wee Joe could maybe test out any Swansea interest stuff here himself (as maybe better then Stoke for him). Always better to play more games per-season, than to just be on the periphery at LFC, especially at prime-years stuff. Stoke look a bit better atm, compared to Swansea, but neither team is probably going to compete for any Top 6, let alone any Top 4 anytime soon. Both very decent and mid-range EPL teams though.

A very decent CM Shuttler-type for LFC was Allen ...but now Klopp probably (and better) needs some actual goals from here and this specific area of our team. Then it's just win-win stuff, for both player (aka more guaranteed starting games) and club (more targeted options) too. The fee seems very OK too. No real surprise with this move either

17. richieh10

richieh10 Member

Not a good idea to sell Allen.

I'm Welsh and he was unbelievable in the euros.

If he started he would be awesome.

Don't know who the replacement is?!?

Selling him will come back and bite us in the Arse.

Selling him for only 13 million after being in team of euros is madness and bad business

18. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

He isnt actually from Swansea so I doubt the emotional pull for him to play there again is much greater than it is for anyone to go back to any former club, which is often far less than fans imagine.

redfanman likes this.
  19. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

I dunno mate, he joined the club aged 9 and it's the only place he's played other than Liverpool. I would imagine he has fairly strong emotional ties to it.

The difference between Swansea and Stoke isn't massive in terms of stature, it's not like saying he's got the choice between one club challenging for Europe and one in the Evo-Stik Northern League.

legalalien likes this.
  20. spooky

spooky TIA New Signing

From not far from Swansea and they are still his local team

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

21. ptt

ptt Mane I'm excited for this season

Good luck Joe, good player but we're building a little stronger now.

22. Limiescouse

Closest, but much too far to be considered local. Very few people from that part of the world consider themselves Swansea fans, especially back when he was growing up.

23. spooky

spooky TIA New Signing

Yeah if 30 minutes car ride is to far and I know a hell of a lot from that part of the world who are Swansea fans most of West Wales are Swansea fans in fact

24. Limiescouse

Well you don't know West Wales very well if you think you can cover those sort of distances on those country roads in 30 minutes. Where Joe grew up is home to me also, and while it's different now they are in the Prem, back when I was a kid and when he was there just were not any Swansea fans there. Where Joe went to school there would not even have been any football fans let alone Swansea fans.

redfanman likes this.
  25. spooky

spooky TIA New Signing

You are talking nonsense I work with a lot of Swansea fans from that area who are older than joe who have had season tickets for years.and i drive my area pretty regular

26. Limiescouse

Ok. My entire life experience is nonsense. Carry on.

Up the Jacks (you'll be saying 2 hours later when that "local" train finally rolls in)

redfanman likes this.
  27. spooky

spooky TIA New Signing

lol where am I catching this local train?

28. Limiescouse

Where ever all you Pembrokeshire, Swansea-mad, old-man friends are from.

redfanman likes this.
  29. spooky

spooky TIA New Signing

Not a clue [emoji4] he's moved from carmarthen to Pembrokeshire now has he lol

30. Limiescouse

Joe isnt from Carmarthen. He was born in a hospital in Carmarthen because where he is from is sufficiently rural and remote his mum had to go one county over to get to a maternity ward.

redfanman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.