Joe Allen (CM) Stoke, Swansea

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by i_still_miss_fowler, Jun 9, 2016.

?

Should Liverpool try keep Joe Allen

1. Yes

62.7%
  2. No

37.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooky

spooky TIA New Signing

Lmao

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Rattlesnake888 likes this.
  2. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

3. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

This has to be one of the weirder squabbles I have ever seen on TIA.

I don't know where Joe Allen is from, but I suspect there are chickens there.

4. AllinOne Sports

AllinOne Sports Member

I think Allen is going to be good for Stoke. Can really help their attack and recycling possession from defense to attack. The Potters really don't have a top level CM and not to say that Allen is top class, but I think he is certainly an upgrade on what they have there. Hopefully he does well, he deserves it! Not too shabby on the fee though for us.

5. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

Can't be much else to talk about,with the tour of Wales!

6. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

I'm actually going to Pembrokeshire on holiday in two weeks. I shall report back.

spooky likes this.
  7. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

BBC are reporting that Swansea are readying a bid for Allen. Let's go to bidding war! :-)

redfanman likes this.
  8. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

Readying a bid! :-) Football journalism is a joke. What are Swansea doing? Counting out gold coins?

Maybe when they have finished readying their bid, they can launch a daring raid for the player, swoop on the club, and prise him away. After which Allen can 'admit' it is great to be at Swansea, and 'reveal' his Anfield hell?

redfanman, pottymonster and RobLFC like this.
  9. treboeth

treboeth Well-Known Member

Swansea are goibg through massive changes with regards to ownership at the moment.
    As for the journalism most of us know they spout any old crap 99% of the time to get clicks/sell papers.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

10. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

Don't be bothering the sheep. Im not 100% sure about this but I think that sheep are revered by the Welsh

11. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

Well, we can see where Rodgers learned his transfer acumen, then. Expect a statement from the local Swansea paper to announce that they're monitoring the situation...

Still a bit cheesed we're offloading him, to be honest. Very useful squad player. To me he's a better option than Henderson over the past 12 months, as well as Lucas (unfortunately) and has done well when called on. Couple that with a great performance during the Euros...

12. Barnestormer

Barnestormer Left wing.

A remarkably lovely place Zinedine one of the best hols we ever had was there in St Davids - the Cathedral is just splendid. A real tardis sort of thing. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Zinedine Biscan likes this.
  13. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Zinny is a horrible horrible liar. He's actually going to Carmarthenshire. I feel all my work over the last 2 pages have been for nothing.

ILLOK and redfanman like this.
  14. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

In fairness you should blame my mum who for months has been telling me she's rented a place for us all in Pemb. lol

I shall communicate your scorn.

redfanman likes this.
  15. AllinOne Sports

AllinOne Sports Member

He wasn't going to resign so we might as well get what we can for him now and 13m is a very nice return for a career squad player at bigger clubs. Plus adding Wijnaldum pushes him further down the pecking order because he is likely going to play CM for the most part like he did for PSV so Allen only would have seen the pitch in injury crises or cup matches.

16. Sweeting

Sweeting Doesn't think Mignolet is that bad

Since this has become the Name Parts of Wales thread, I will add that I lived in Ceredigion for a year.

Hope you enjoyed my story.

Lalo and Never Say Never like this.
  17. Never Say Never

Never Say Never To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Not hard, seeing as any fit player would be a better option than hendo...

Edit: scratch that. I'd take a crocked hendo on the physio table over a fit benteke or balotelli. And possibly Moreno.

18. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

fight fight fight....

19. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Forget Henderson.... I'd had Rick Flair ahead of those two....

redfanman likes this.
  20. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

What in his peak or the one you get now.

As for Swansea, lived there for four years, moved 6 months before promotion went to a few championship games and there was about 10k usually there, you can usually get tickets for games, though the Universities help the club especially your Japanese students they absolutely love it.

One difference in Swansea I saw in that first year was you'd go from zero Swansea shirts to nearly every child in the town with one on, it's youth is reflected in it's fan base.

Fond times of the Liberty, I think a lot of kids from the late 70's early 80's had fallen out of love with the club but the return to the divisions brought them back as dads with their children. If there is anyone place that needs it's club in the top flight it is that. Even though my second team is Bournemouth I would never like to see them go down.

redfanman likes this.
  21. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

If I were looking at Can, Hendo and Milner, and Allen, with a view to one of them leaving, it's always going to be Allen. Unfortunately for all his good form at the end of the season, Klopp can't make him 6 inches taller or any stronger.

redfanman and T.C.B like this.
  22. Fester

Fester Well-Known Member Valued Member

True, but then again he can't remove that natural impulse for Milner to dive in, completely mistime his tackle and get booked!

Now that we've brought in Mane and with other quality CAMs who can drift out wide I would say that Milner is the obvious candidate to be shown the door especially as he is probably earning a lot more tham Allen and not necessarily justifying it.

23. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Wind-Down Merchant

You mean the nature boy ric?
    I don't get it.

24. Rattlesnake888

Rattlesnake888 Well-Known Member

Didn't you notice the amount of goals and assists Milner got in the second half of the season??

25. Fester

Fester Well-Known Member Valued Member

Interestingly Milner had the same number of bookings as assists last season - 11 of each! Not that this has anything to with the Allen thread ....... ! :eh?:

26. Rattlesnake888

Rattlesnake888 Well-Known Member

When you suggest we sell Milner and keep Weee Joe it has everything to do with the Allen thread.;-):well done:

redfanman likes this.
  27. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

redfanman likes this.
  28. lfc.8

lfc.8 Well-Known Member

Liverpool's Joe Allen to meet Mark Hughes ahead of possible £13m move to Stoke City

[​IMG]

Joe Allen is set to hold talks with Stoke City manager Mark Hughes on Sunday as he closes in on a £13 million move from Liverpool.

Allen will meet Hughes and Stoke officials and could complete his move in the next 48 hours to join up with his new team-mates in Florida on Tuesday.

Swansea are also considering a bid for the Wales international, as they attempt to lure him back to the club he left for Liverpool in 2012, but Stoke remain the front-runners.

It is understood Allen is keen to work under Hughes, a former Wales international and manager, and Stoke are increasingly confident of completing his signing in the next few days.

Stoke’s opening offer for Allen was rejected last week, with Liverpool initially sticking to their £14 million valuation, but a compromise has been reached between the two clubs.

[​IMG]

Liverpool have also inserted a clause into the deal which means Stoke will have to pay a further instalment if they secure another top-10 finish in the Premier League.

Hughes has finished ninth for the past three seasons and believes Allen can prove crucial in Stoke’s midfield, with reinforcements desperately needed after injuries to Stephen Ireland and Ibrahim Afellay.

Allen’s departure from Liverpool will be seen as a disappointment to many Liverpool fans after his impressive performances last season. The 26-year-old also enhanced his reputation for Wales at Euro 2016, helping Chris Coleman’s side reach the semi-finals before they were knocked out by Portugal.

However, the deal represents a good one for Liverpool with Allen having less than 12 months left on his contract.

Wales head home after semi-final loss to PortugalPlay!01:32

Stoke fly to the United States tomorrow and Allen is expected to join the squad later in the week after recently returning from holiday. He will become the club’s first signing of the summer if he agrees to move.

Hughes is also hopeful of ending his £20 million pursuit of West Bromwich Albion striker Saido Berahino, despite competition from Crystal Palace.

Stoke and Palace have both made substantial offers for the 22-year-old, but Albion want to replace him before sanctioning a move. Albion would only have two senior forwards in Salomón Rondón and Rickie Lambert if they were to sell Berahino.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-to-meet-mark-hughes-ahead-of-possible-13m-m/

29. ForGreatJustice

ForGreatJustice Active Member

Good player, but was not going to get the game time needed for a player who was going to be at best a super sub/cup starter this season. Entering his prime, this is probably the best decision for all parties. Good luck Joe, may you continue Stoke's evolution into a proper European side.

30. gingerbread

gingerbread TIA Squad Member

Good deal for all party. For Stoke, if Allen can carry the form for another year under Klopp, he could worth 20mil. For Allen , it's a chance for mroe game time and new challenge. For us, let's be honest, we expect 5 mil from him due to his situation (1 year left, being suplus because already got too many cover in his position). So 13 mil are already many times beyond expectation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.