Jordon IBE: 2014/15

Discussion in '2014/15' started by Nikola, Jul 14, 2014.

1. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Now is the time for us to make him better under our own wings. If we keep sending him out on loan, we may not see the best of him. He is now in the phase where he needs to strengthen his technical and tactical skills, and mental too. Those are for us to develop. Sending him out on loan would not do much in that areas for him.

YoungEsquire likes this.
  2. Lallana20

Lallana20 New Member

Good talent with a great attitude, he should go far in his career.

3. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Back in training already:

Jordon Ibe: "I’m coming back in to training early. I know I need to improve on every aspect of my game."

kwala, football.tiger and okocha10 like this.
  4. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

Great that we already have Sterling's obvious replacement on the books, I would not be in the least bit surprised if he goes on to become a better player than Raheem in every way in time.Quite excited to see just how good this lad will become.

Kopreneur likes this.
  5. geebo

geebo Bekloppt ! (German for loopy)

There have been a couple of stories about him doing extra training, one with Dalglish. You can only praise him for his attitude, and that he hasnt let a new contract and 14 games go to his head.
    Considering he is still 19, I reckon next season, he could well be the big surprise, cos he is only going to get better with an attitude like that.

kwala likes this.
  6. BikerJoe

BikerJoe I don't own 90min.com!

I know its only a pre season game but I thought he played very well when he came on, Brisbane weren't going down without a fight and I felt he made a difference when he came on.

7. Miklo

Miklo TIA's Cruijffonian

Very true! I love that attitude. I can remember at Feijenoord that Stefan de Vrij did extra power training outside of Feijenoords training (and he definately needed that) and Koeman stripped him from his captaincy for doing that. I can't believe you don't applaud a player for doing that.

Next to that I thought he came into the game pretty good. The way he makes players defend on their back foot, storming at them with precision is incredible. It doesn't matter how good a defender is, when you get on your back feet you will get beaten.

8. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Yeah, no big surprise that he looked better on the left. Practically every winger we have would prefer to play on the left, so that's one of the big questions for me going into this season to see who manages to make that position (in whatever formation apart the diamond) on the right his own. We might see some rotation there depending on availability and form, but looking a bit deeper into it, at least we have Clyne on that side who should be able to stay fit and provide continuous support (as long as he doesn't leave Skrtel too isolated which is dangerous!) for whoever is in front of him.

9. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

His development won't be as rapid as Sterling's though. Sterling was pushed into the first team because we were really short of players going forward when he broke into the first team. Now we kind of have too many and Ibe needs to outshine players like Firmino and Lallana to get regular starts, unlike Sterling who needs to be better than Aspas, how hard can that be.

But if Ibe actually does make the starting position his own, he should possess much better quality than Sterlig. Let's make ourselves another £50m product Rodgers. FSG will love Rodgers if he keeps churning out players that could fetch such high price tag.

10. HAWKVOL

HAWKVOL Member

I've always preferred Ibe to Sterling....more complete player for me.

datapolo likes this.
  11. AYBGerrardo

AYBGerrardo Well-Known Member

Performance in the friendly looks to have been very impressive. People say "You're only calling him better or potentially better than Sterling cos Sterling is leaving". Whereas I and others have been saying it all along.

12. spizfromoz

spizfromoz Well-Known Member

Can see Ibe having some good runs in the seniors. Slow development fuelling his hunger with competiion from good players in wide forward positions will do him good.
    NO WINGBACKS FFS, BRENDAN.

13. AYBGerrardo

14. geebo

geebo Bekloppt ! (German for loopy)

@AYBGerrado Thanks for the video !

It is so funny in the video. He is marked by one player, then 2 then right at the end by 3 !!!! That is treatment accorded only Suarez or Messi !

I have a theory about Ibe. They used to say good dribblers had a low centre of gravity. They were weebles (who were toys who wobbled but never fell down). Ibe is a big guy, but his has slightly short legs. I think this makes his centre of gravity low, and I think makes it hard for players to throw him off the ball. This was an argument used to talk about Gascoigne and Maradonna.

I think Ibe is hard to tackle, hard to stop when he is going forward. He had great balance. He can pass and cross, and I think with time he will score a lot of goals.
    I think we should give him and big contract now !!!!! I think he will be frighteningly good. And we should do everything to keep him, and fuck the expense. Some players are worth that risk, I think he is or will be one of them.

re: the comparison. I think Sterling wont get much better than he s now.I think Ibe has a much bigger trajectory.

kwala likes this.
  15. AYBGerrardo

Signed a five year contract two months ago! No agent, just his parents, and he plans to keep it that way. Good egg.

geebo likes this.