Jordon Ibe (RW/LW) Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Nikola, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Liverpool FC accept £15m for Jordon Ibe

Liverpool have accepted a £15million bid from Bournemouth for winger Jordon Ibe .

The ECHO understands that the 20-year-old has been given permission to hold talks with the South Coast outfit.

Ibe's future at Anfield has looked increasingly uncertain after a disappointing 2015/16 campaign.

Tipped to fill the void created by Raheem Sterling's move to Manchester City, Ibe struggled for form and was unable to hold down a regular starting spot following Jurgen Klopp's appointment.

The youngster must now decide whether to head for Bournemouth in search of regular first-team football.

Ibe has made 58 appearances for Liverpool since signing from Wycombe Wanderers in the summer of 2011.

The England Under-21s international was handed his debut by Brendan Rodgers on the final day of the 2012/13 season.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-fc-accept-15m-jordon-11580724

2. MikeOscar

MikeOscar Klopp Klopp

In hindsight this fee will either be far too expensive or far too cheap. Honestly I got no clue at this point which of the two it will be.

3. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

Heard this rumour earlier but didn't take it seriously

4. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

Looks like the end for Ibe. Mixed feelings about this as he seemed set for a big career with LFC, then stagnated somewhat. Many saw him this time last year as Sterling's replacement, however he's never had the football brain of Raheem. 15 million seems a fair shout and Bournemouth is a good fit for him.

5. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

I suppose the writing was on the wall when we signed Mane, hasn't kicked on so this could be a really good move for Jordan and the making of him.£15m seems about right, no right to expect a ridiculous City fee.

Hope he fulfils his enormous potential and that we have a buy-back clause.Still think he will be a superior player to Sterling.

redfanman and Dr. Greenwhite like this.
  6. undry

undry New Member

I think we should cash in. 15 Mln is a lot. With all the respect to Ibe having Mane, Lallana, Cout, Lazar and the rest is just too much.

Dortmund fan likes this.
  7. norwegian wood

norwegian wood TIA Regular

Would probably be a great environment for him to develop.

£15m sounds a little over the top for his current level of output; but if he finds the key to unlock his tremendous potential, it could be an excellent investment for Bournemouth.

Sandemann likes this.
  8. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

I thought we would get 12m tops for him so an extra 20% very welcome but if Gayle is worth 9m then its market value

My only issue is selling English players when we dont know what new rules we will have for work permits post Brexit

Good luck to him

9. Bodger

Bodger Well-Known Member

15 million for Ibe is very good business for us- he didn't reach the standards we had hoped of him last season and think it's right we let him move on. Think he'd do well at Bournemouth

10. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Take it and move on.

Of course, it's a bit early to say with him, he's still a young player on paper, he'll be 21 in a few months. But these are situations where you have to make decisions that have certain risk.

Ideally I'd like a PL-loan move like this, but this is a pretty good offer. Even if he gets to some England caps in a few years (in a few years then, not now), you won't get much more money than this. He does have some tools that are above his age.

If he becomes a success Bournemouth? Frankly I don't care, I won't feel like this is a bad move (like usually when there's a fear "oh no, this player could be good for them"), if we do our things properly. He can succeed elsewhere, it's a different club, different situation, many factors. The only thing we have to do is become better in his position on the pitch and role in the squad.

Also, it's not like we don't have money, this is more like a "bonus sale", and we still have areas to buy. So it's a good sale on paper, we might be better with Mane as starter in that position and others players taking over as backup(s), but hopefully we can invest it well, too.

ILLOK likes this.
  11. Dr. Greenwhite

Dr. Greenwhite New Member

Sad to hear that. Season was a rollercoaster, good start, terrible performances in the middle, good end. Hope this deal includes a buy-back option...

12. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

As it stands - I think it is a decent fee for us. No issues with this sale at all.

13. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

It's at once a shame and perfectly understandable - the kid has potential, but at this stage it's far from certain it will ever be realised. I was convinced he'd step up after Sterling left and start to show what he is capable of, but at best we saw it in flashes.

I'd be more inclined to say keep, but it's felt for a while as if there is a problem between him and the club/manager... talking about removing all mention of LFC from his social media, body language on the pitch. For whatever reason, he hasn't looked happy.

Hopefully a fresh start for him at a club he could thrive at, and a decent fee for us given his current level. Disappointing to see him go based on hopes for how high he could go, but at this time probably a decent deal for all concerned. Wish him well.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    darkvoid, AYBGerrardo, jabu and 2 others like this.
  14. MikeOscar

MikeOscar Klopp Klopp

Me neither. Like @Zoran says it's a risk worth taking. Klopp can judge this far better than we can, he can see how Ibe operates on the training pitch, what mentality he has, how determined is he and how does he handle the pressure.

It's always hard to tell with young players, they can surprise you, but I don't get the feeling Ibe will suddenly become a world beater. Hindsight makes everyone seem like a wise man.

15. Fester

Fester Well-Known Member Valued Member

Its the managers job to make these decisions and I would imagine that this was a particularly difficult one for Klopp to make.

Obviously he has spotted, experienced or learned something that has swung this decision that we probably don't know about. You don't let players of Ibe's obvious potential go unless you have a pretty good reason to do so.

The fee seems about right and I assume that there will be a buy-back clause inserted in the deal. If Jordan decides to take up this opportunity then I can only wish him the best of luck for the future!

16. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

Buy back clause if we do sell please...

redfanman, Red Armada, Mada and 2 others like this.
  17. Kyriakyl

Kyriakyl Member

A buy-back clause would be good.

18. EdWood

EdWood TIA Youth Team

If JK is okay with this then I am.

POBox and redfanman like this.
  19. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

I suggested that I would have loved him to join Bournemouth on loan a few months back but I had no clue that he would have joined them on permanent basis. Extremely talented lad who hit a brick wall in his development, I hope he can solve his confidence and consistency issues. In two years, this deal will be a steal for one of these two sides. For the sake of it, I hope that this deal includes a few clauses, at least a sell-on one if there is no buy-back option.

FGred and Sandemann like this.
  20. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

not sure we will put one in at that price....

edit... nope you right, there is a buy back/sell on clause....

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  21. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

I see that Coric would be 15m...so one in one out.

But Couric seems to be more a No.10, not a winger...would he evends get a game?

22. Kanonkop

But but but. Something is really really wrong here. How on earth did this deal manage to happen without Melissa Reddy, Joyce etc. all announcing it weeks ago?

I thought that all our transfer plans and activity was announced to the Press (and twitter ITKs) way ahead of time and updated in real time?

----------------------------------------------

Alternatively - can certain posters please take this transfer as factual evidence that the club is perfectly able to go about its transfer business in a confidential manner and stop assuming that no news is bad news re transfers in or out!

23. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

With Mane coming in his chances were limited.

£15million is decent money.

If Luis Alberto goes for £7million and Ibe for £15million, thats £22million on peripheral players. Thats crazy money.

Artrain likes this.
  24. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

I think Pearce said yesterday there's nothing in the Coric rumours.

rupzzz likes this.
  25. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

There is a major difference here in that this is a transfer coming from another club, they made an offer the club accepted it straight away deal done. No need to brief the ITK just too quick.

Joyce, Reddy, Barrett and co are very much ITK about transfers into the club and so far have called every one.

26. Zinedine Biscan

Just had a thought. It must be almost 20 years to the day that an in-his-prime Shearer went to Newcastle for a record £15m. Now a 20yo with 4 LFC goals to his name goes for the same.

Crazy when you stop and think about it.

27. AYBGerrardo

AYBGerrardo Well-Known Member

Think this is a lot down to the player's relationship with the club and manager. The initial "Ibey" hugs faded away as he disappeared from the match squad. Maybe because of behind the scenes drama, or maybe Klopp simply doesn't rate him. In which case it's no surprise that Liverpool would be looking to move him on. A pity, you would've hoped he'd blossom with Klopp needing wingers. It's hard to tell how to feel about this.

28. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo optimism in spades

Well, the Mane money looks good. 15 mil is crazy

29. Zinedine Biscan

I guess this could also mean that Markovic will be given a year under Klopp to try and impress. Could be wrong, but wouldn't be too much of a surprise after this.

Artrain, Libero, Chewbazza and 2 others like this.
  30. Kanonkop

How do you know that? I very much doubt that is how it went down and suspect the clubs have been discussing this at a minimum for several days.

Do you think the club only "briefs" the ITKs on incoming transfers? Do you think the journos are briefed on every transfer and all targets?

if the club "leaks" something it is for a reason....but they certainly do not do so with all their transfer activity as often it would be highly counter-productive to do so. Sometimes of course interest in a potential transfer finds it way into the public domain through other channels (the other club, agents, players) but please stop holding on to this notion that your favoured journalists are 100% in the know - They are not.

redfanman and schmee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.