Jordon Ibe (RW/LW) Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Nikola, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dusanmal

dusanmal New Member

Yes, it also points to what manager might want from his wingers. Markovic, before LFC was most useful as a "setup man", working in tandem with a "scoring man". Quite similar to Southempton pair Tadic/Mane. That may be what manager wants... One thing not seen much from Ibe was cooperation, setting up chances for others.

Livvy and redfanman like this.
  2. MarcusBerglund

MarcusBerglund Well-Known Member

According to Bascombe, Ibe is still unsure on joining Bournemouth. The journo says that Jordon is waiting for an offer from a better club.
    We will see, but if the club manages to sell peripheral figures such as Benteke, Skrtel and Ibe for combined fee of 50 mln. pounds - well done to them.
    And hopefully money will be reinvested in quality left back and central midfielder.

3. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Think this is the right decision from us, we surely need better than Ibe in the coming years. He just hasn't developed enough to warrant game time currently. A big issue with him is the fact that when he's off his game he does absolutely nothing, he often has games in which he doesn't threaten the opposition in the slightest. We've seen Ojo come in and be the opposite, in fairly poor, archetypal 'raw' 18 year old type performances he'll produce a great cross or something to create a chance or goal. Ibe doesn't possess this ability to the level Ojo does. There's a clear difference between the two when it comes to composure, vision and simply knowing where to stand.

There's always that 'what if' feeling when you sell a talented young player but it's something we have to get used to. I don't believe Ibe has the talent to make us look daft here by becoming a top 20 player in the world. He does have the talent to be a good option for a club looking to challenge at the top but he's a long way from that at the moment. The likelihood is he never becomes as potent and effective as Mane is.

The fee is clearly inflated for what he's done for us so far and we have no real room for him in the squad for the coming season. This would be the best decision for all parties involved. Good club for him to move to and hopefully he'll kick on and become a good player for Bourenmouth but like I said I can't see us ever looking back at this decision with genuine regret.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  4. Fester

Fester Well-Known Member Valued Member

To bring Ojo through now that we have signed Mane, Ibe simply had to make way. Ojo is still very raw make no mistake about that but he deserves his chance now and it seems that Ibe is considered to have had his opportunity and not taken it! Right now, I'm struggling to read this any other way.

5. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

Ojo - Sturridge (Origi) - Mane

Klopp's plan for our attack is pretty clear now.

6. ROMLFC17

ROMLFC17 New Member

In the case of Ibe he's a young player with bangs of potential 15 million with a buy back clause good buiness if he flops like sterling 15 million with no buy back clause still good if Eddie howe who is a good young manager improves Ibe and we don't have a buy back clause that's the tricky bit

7. lfc.8

lfc.8 Well-Known Member

£15m is a good price and shouldn't be sneezed at. Just hope he's content with joining Bournemouth and the transfer goes through.

8. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

fixed for accuracy.

9. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo optimism in spades

Just last week or two you had Ibe and Ojo starting next to Sturridge. Let's get through the summer and play a few friendlies before we speculate too much on who is going to start in what formation. For sure there's a head scratcher coming. Last year it was Gomez at LB. Maybe this year it's Milner at RW and Mane on the left or something, with Joe Allen bossing it. You never know.

10. Artrain

Artrain Well-Known Member

I hope he is. To buy for 20 mil and not even play consistently in correct position would be ridiculous. Besides, I've always thought Markovic has the most creativity of all our young wingers bunch.

Whoa no no no! We're saving Balotelli as a sweetner for the Benteke deal in case Palace get cold feet at the last minute! I swear these guys are going to muck up if they push their luck too far.

11. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

For next season most likely scenario:

-------------------Sturridge / origi / Ings------------------

Cou / Ojo
    ------------Firm / Lallana ------------Mane / Milner

Chewbazza likes this.
  12. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

I guess its something like that but my guess is than Milner or Lallana would fill in if Coutinhow wasnt playing and Mane can play anwhere in the front 3 AM positions but RM is his best position.

So what I am saying is I dont think Ojo or Markovic will get many games

13. Dortmund fan

You quote me wrong.

redfanman likes this.
  14. NIDINGR

NIDINGR Death by heavy metal.

When he scored that goal against Southampton i thought it would be the making of him. The power and skill he shown was the only time i'd seen it. He's got talent, but not sure if he has the brain.

15. Makati Red

I think its more about mentallity rather than a brain

Sterling used to take the wrong options but he had a much stronger mindset to come through it and become the player he was for us

16. bdee

bdee New Member

That's the question for me. Of I had the talent this kid had, why would I want to play for a team that will struggle to stay up. I would think a mid level club like West Brom or Stoke would be better suited, that is if they want him.

17. Danny_

Danny_ Well-Known Member

It's probably 15m with a sell on clause where we get a certain percentage of the next sale. It's a good way for us to avoid the risk. He's a good young talent but could just as easily end up being another Suso rather than another Sterling.

18. JustHitMyHead

JustHitMyHead TIA Reserve Team

Hmmmm... what is the difference between Ibe and Canos... besides nationality?

Both have done little to prove themselves yet. It's almost like we could take some of our better English youngsters, blood them, send them on loan and make millions off them. With a buy back clause... of course

19. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Bournemouth finished one point behind West Brom. They have Howe instead of Pulis and they play by the seaside. Seriously, who'd choose West Brom?

He wouldn't get in Stoke's side either. Bournemouth are the right level for where he's at and they play the right type of football too.

20. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

Call it as I see it

21. bricynt

bricynt New Member

hopefully too expensive and no regrets from LFC

22. bricynt

bricynt New Member

good point about work rules...

23. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Not really - UEFA aren't going to change their rules just for the UK and the likelihood is that the PL will have less of a need to operate a quota.

Besides, we're not going to keep a player pn for at least another 3 seasons, getting paid, swelling squad numbers, who we don't think will be good enough just because of his passport when there's unlikely to be any increased need to have x number of home-grown players.

redfanman likes this.
  24. OllieRed

OllieRed OllieRed

Good fee for ibe and a good move from him, 15 m is excellent when you consider all the praise Allen gets and he can't even fetch what we paid for him :?:,

25. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid

There will be no changes to the rules for at least 4 years. It'll take roughly 2 years for those in power to activate Article 50, and another 2 years once it has been activated for us to conclude all agreements for our exit.

inaiq and redfanman like this.
  26. MarcusBerglund

MarcusBerglund Well-Known Member

Hopefully Ibe's transfer won't turn into Borini's saga. He rejected tha chance to join Sunderland for 14 mln. pounds and we sold him one year later for 10 mln. pounds, while he spent most of the time on the bench and when he got chances to prove his worth, rarely he delivered.
    One of the differences could be the managers. Rodgers decided to play Fabio in a meaningless friendly vs. Preston the next day after we accepted their offer /showing the player he rates him/, while Klopp left Jordon at home, giving him clear signs that his chances will be limited.
    Ibe will turn 21 years after 4 months and he has played less than 40 games in PL, the boy had decent half season in the Championship and has scored only 1 goal in premiership for us/last game of the season vs. WBA/. 15 mln. pounds is too good for LFC to turn down.
    Comparing him with Canos,l Sergi had a very solid season, played 37 games in the Championship, scored 7 goals and had 6 assists, the spaniard is 19 years old and has serious potential, but the offer/s for him is 2,5 mln. pounds.
    Surely Jordon is a little bit forward in his development, but there is a huge difference in money offered for our young offensive players and who knows, nationality could add 4-5 mln. pounds in this case :-).
    P.S. only reminding that Embolo was sold for 20 mln. pounds and last season Atletico Madrid paid 15 mln. pounds for Yannick Carrasco.

27. Dortmund fan

It's a little bit funny that Allen is cheaper than Ibe. Allen is famous in Europe now and should be more expensive than the unknown youth.

28. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

Allen has one year remaining on his contract hence the price.

29. Dortmund fan

Ok. But actually the TC could extend gis contract and then sell him for high price next year.

30. Makati Red

you can only extend a players contract with the consent of the player and considering LFC have told Allen he can leave that might be quite difficult to achieve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.