Jordon Ibe (RW/LW) Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Nikola, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

He did know. Wasn't it in Steve's book that Brendan told him he hat to gamble with him because the choice was him or Eto'o?

2. inaiq

inaiq "Some people feel the rain others just get wet"

Any idea who his agent/adviosrs are?

EDIT:
    Sorry, I read a post the answers my question after I posted

3. treboeth

treboeth Well-Known Member

Post 138 CD shows its his parents.

inaiq likes this.
  4. inaiq

inaiq "Some people feel the rain others just get wet"

Thanks, i edited my post

5. CymruRed

CymruRed TIA Youth Team

The TC came about because of Rodgers,lets face it,if you had millions of pounds to invest in new players and didn't trust the manager to invest that cash properly,you too would want some input and put your own players forward.

Rodgers had no pull in Europe and couldn't entice big players to the club,we had Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez in the team,plus CL and he still couldn't tempt good players to LFC,he wanted Allen,dempsey,sigguardson,Bony,Borrini,Aspas and all the others,all players he'd worked with before and just not LFC standard,i also think he couldn't spot a great footballer,and even if he did,he wouldn't know what to do with him.

The issue is being resolved,they've just signed Klopp on a 6 year deal,which means they trust the guys knowledge and basically given him free reign to spend money on players he wants to buy (within our limits) and players he wants sold.Klopp is a big name in the game,which in itself will probably be a big pull in getting players to LFC,something Rodgers never had.The minute the so called TC start telling Klopp who to buy without his consent,is the minute he'll probably look to leave the club.

Anyway,sorry to derail the Ibe thread,but i think he'd be silly to turn down Bournemouth,something hasn't been right since january with this kid,i trust Klopp's judgement.If he's after football then it's probably a perfect move,he'll be given game time to develop in the Prem and put his name out there for a bigger move in the future.If he's doing a Sterling and wants the big club and money now,then i think he's going to be stuck in our reserves or on loan for awhile.

6. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

Exactly

My point was that I'm sure he said the comments a few weeks before we bought balotelli(when he seriously had no interest in him) as obviously he would have basically known two days before we signed him that he was one of his two options

inaiq and redfanman like this.
  7. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

I agree. Also if I were a Bournemouth fan, I wouldn't be much impressed with his waiting for a better offer stance. If he's good enough he'll be earning a move to City's bench in no time.

8. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid Valued Member

9. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Wish the lad all the best, as a secondary Bournemouth fan I'm sure he will be a good asset, Howe building his team on youth.

Maria and redfanman like this.
  10. MarkMcC

MarkMcC TIA Squad Member

and think Howe will be good for him too. all round good transfer

redfanman likes this.
  11. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Best decision available to him, if this is soon to be confirmed. Couple of years there and he could be set for a bigger club. Needs to start realising his potential, though.

12. pottymonster

pottymonster I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.

I hope we do not come to rue this day.

13. Persona

Persona Member

Quality signing for Bournemouth. Happy to see him hopefully get some first team football at Bournemouth. This is without a doubt the best opportunity to propel his career forward.

14. Persona

Persona Member

There's a buyback clause, so it won't be a Pogba situation. lol

15. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Good luck young man, and go learn the trade with a very adventurous young manager. In time with shit loads of hard work, might be a good move back here to help us defend our league titles a few more years. :-)

inaiq likes this.
  16. Lucent skyeglider

Lucent skyeglider TIA Youth Team

Yeah, that's if he even wants to come back here. He can always decline.

17. Lucent skyeglider

Lucent skyeglider TIA Youth Team

Who knows what's going on with Joe Gomez these days? Did he make a full recovery or is he still injured? was looking forward to seeing him play as a CB under Kloppo

18. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid Valued Member

Good luck Jordan. Hope you do well at Bournemouth.

19. Fester

Fester Well-Known Member Valued Member

If he's going then he's a sensible lad. He's young enough and talented enough to still be able to get his career back on the right track. He will be a bigger fish in a smaller pool at Bournemouth so he should have plenty of opportunity to fight for a regular first team place. I wish him all the very best!

20. cardiffpete

cardiffpete TIA Reserve Team

If Ibe commands a 15m quid fee, then we should have no problem offing Joe Allen too for some semi big bucks, as well (especially after a nice mention in Euro's 2016 TOTT stuff here). That's good stuff for Klopp and looking for some (or many outs), as he looks to re-build for us.

All good for LFC here. Mega bucks for bit-part players for us ..might even allow for some more quality ins too ...although the market is insane there atm.

21. norwegian wood

norwegian wood TIA Regular

The very best of luck to him. Good decision, and probably a deal all parties can be happy with. Look forward to see how he develops given more regular game time.

22. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

Bye bye Ibe.

You are still a young winger, just try to get fast and score often!

I was not a huge fan of the pair Ibe - Benteke. Not dangerous for the opposition, their defenders doesn't scare it.

No wonder Klopp stopped the experiment.

But I really wish goodluck!

23. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Even if he comes good I'm not sure we could fairly rue today. It is really hard to see how he would get any playing time this coming season. He is arguably as low as 9th for one of the 2 wider positions and so any improvement he goes on to show at Bournemouth he was, at the stage he had reached, very unlikely to show similar had he stayed with us.

schmee, Drubas and redfanman like this.
  24. NJLFCJake

NJLFCJake Active Member

Wish him all the luck, don't believe it's his lack of progress.. think it's more of Ojo taking his spot with his huge strides in development

25. boston red

boston red Show me the Mane.

It's been well said that Jordan and Eddie howe will be a good fit. Best of luck to him, hopefully he'll kick on in his career.

redfanman and Yo55arian22 like this.
  26. redbj

redbj crowd fund for you to shut up give me the details

Wish him the very best of luck, hopefully the first thing Eddie does is coach this habit of getting the ball, and completely stopping. Then looking to take on from a standing start.

27. Gazmaninaus

Gazmaninaus Well-Known Member

Good luck to the lad, in the end his career was stagnating at LFC, he wasn't actually pushing for the first team, even when we were desperate.
    I hope the kid goes well, but I can't see the sense in a buy back clause, anyone remember, any young player, actually coming back.

28. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

I don't think a buyback is worth anything really.

Good luck to the lad, he needs to listen to Eddie Howe, work hard and he could be moving to bigger things in a few years - by which time he'll be, what, 23?

redfanman likes this.
  29. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Not in this country off the top of my head, happens a lot in Spain and Italy.

redfanman likes this.
  30. redbj

redbj crowd fund for you to shut up give me the details

not comparing Ibe to a certain someone....but UTD might like to insert the 'ol BB clause to a few future transfer from here on in.....

inaiq likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.