Julian Brandt (AM) Bayer Leverkusen

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by ubermick, Mar 13, 2017.

?

Will we get him?

1. Yep

2. No chance!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

Your English skills are better than most Englishmen I know!

inaiq, redfanman and Kopstar like this.
  2. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Thread closed.

3. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

4. Hope in your heart

Ok, more clutching at straws then... ^^

redfanman likes this.
  5. Mark Thurgood

Mark Thurgood is tired of this "new member" tag

I was waiting for the lock to be broken down by fellow posters waiting to comment on this.

6. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

http://paisleygates.com/?p=30556&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

So, Brandt's dad is also his agent and this is what he said,
    “Julian hasn’t made any decision as to his future yet. He hasn’t spoken with any of those responsible at Bayern such as [Karl-Heinz] Rummenigge, [Uli] Hoeness or [Michael] Reschke, nor has he spoken to [Carlo] Ancelotti,” confirmed his father, going on to double these sentiments down in German tabloid Kicker by saying, “It’s a hoax. Julian was never in a situation to have to make a decision. Accordingly he hasn’t decided.”

Kanonkop and redfanman like this.
  7. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

It's exhausting following transfers in the modern age, and going through the ups and downs associated with the process of being linked, links going cold, then hot again, then seeing someone sign for another club, only for those stories to be proven false, links getting hot again and then finally missing out (or not). Roller-coaster.

Sorely tempted to just give it all a miss and only start thinking and commenting about signings once they're actually here...

8. redbj

redbj crowd fund for you to shut up give me the details

good luck with that.....

before you go, who do you reckon the 30 mil plus signing Kopstar was refering to is?

9. Zinedine Biscan

I'm done. Done I say!

redfanman likes this.
  10. redbj

redbj crowd fund for you to shut up give me the details

Werner?

11. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Can't see Leipzig agreeing to sell players before the end of the season

12. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

Done? Is he any good then? For 30 mil plus he'd better be!

13. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

Come back CEEFAX, all is forgiven!

Dave-D and redfanman like this.
  14. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo optimism in spades

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/espn-f...liverpool-and-bayern-track-europe-rising-star

A bit of a puff piece but goes into Brandt's early career etc. etc., quotes from old teammates. Most interesting part is this towards the end:

Sources have told ESPN FC that the amount of playing time will be a significant factor in any potential transfer for Brandt this summer. He is not interested in being a squad player.

If this is true Liverpool look more likely than Bayern, but that sounds like a generic thing everyone says before they go and get splinters in their arse.

15. Zinedine Biscan

In fairness, everything I've read about this lad, both quotes from himself and those that know him, suggest he is very level-headed and unlikely to be lured simply by a massive pay-check. I really do think we're still in the running for this one, on the basis of being able to offer him first-team football at a club willing to play and invest in youth.

redfanman and jgw_geneseo like this.
  16. jgw_geneseo

Yup, and his dad is still his agent, and so will look to Brandt's best interest, not the biggest payday (you would hope anyway). Sounds like the sort of player you would want to gamble on. I hope we can sort this one out.

Zinedine Biscan likes this.
  17. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

I reckon this is a done deal once CL is assured.

Mark Thurgood likes this.
  18. Cologne-Liverpool

Cologne-Liverpool Well-Known Member

Yes, he wants to play (and I also don't think this is purely about the money for Brandt). Which is why there are many rumours going around, that Douglas Costa, who's been quite open about how unhappy he is about his situation at Bayern, will leave the club, which would make more time on the pitch much more realistic for Brandt, especially given the age and injury problems of Ribery and Robben, Coman's future is also pretty undecided I guess, Bayern still haven't activated the buy clause for him as far as I know.
    Add to that, that the guy who was at least partially responsible in convincing Brandt to join Leverkusen is now at Bayern.
    Not saying this will or won't happen, but I'm not sure if Bayern are really out of the picture yet.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    legalalien and MarcusBerglund like this.
  19. Hope in your heart

Of course they are, as always with talented German players. LFC, as any other club interested, face an uphill battle there. I reckon he'll go to Bayern.

(That said, if Bayern want to let us Costa... one hell of a player if there ever was one!)

redfanman likes this.
  20. Cologne-Liverpool

Yes, I know, basically tried saying the same thing before, as soon as Bayern stepped in, but probably less eloquently.
    I was just reacting to people who said this is almost a done deal for LFC. Nevermind.

21. redfanman

Sounds like he has more chance of being first choice at Bayern than here, oddly.

22. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

I thought the same. Robben and Ribery and performing better than their age suggests they should but it's high time Bayern brought in their future replacements. Coman looks set to return and if Costa also leaves, they will need two wide players who offer pace, skill, creativity... (Another raid on Dortmund, this time for Dembele and Mor, eh?) That said, I don't think there are many players who'd walk into their first XI. Furthermore, when Coutinho and Mane are fit and on form, does he walk into ours?

redfanman and Cologne-Liverpool like this.
  23. jgw_geneseo

He's a better chance here than Bayern, I would think. Robben and Ribery aren't young, but they aren't going to roll over and play dead if Brandt shows up next year. Good luck telling those two aging stars this 21 yr old kid is taking your place. Long term makes sense...short term maybe Brandt has limited opportunities and waits for an injury to get a shot at Bayern next year.

24. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

IMO if Bayern get bounced out of the CL by Real (it's "only" the quarterfinals) it will make it more likely they go bonkers buying players and thus grab Brandt, so let's hope for a deep run!

25. Cologne-Liverpool

Rolling over playing dead is kind of Ribery's and especially Robben's thing - at least on the pitch;-)
    Apart from that - right now is one of the very, very few times in the last couple of years where both of them are fit to play at the same time for more than like 3 weeks.

NYRhockey and redfanman like this.
  26. jgw_geneseo

Ha! Wouldn't have to wait that long then. Haven't followed them (Bayern) much this year. Watched CL game yesterday, but guess that doesn't count. Bayern certainly favorites to get this one over the line.

redfanman and Cologne-Liverpool like this.
  27. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

I've read somewhere that Bayern will go for Lorenzo Insigne if Costa leaves...and if i think about that, it might be true that Bayern would like "to keep Carlo happy" with one ore two italian signings(as they did with Pep)

Scott Jones and redfanman like this.
  28. Mark Thurgood

Mark Thurgood is tired of this "new member" tag

I'll admit Bayern are a massive club and a threat to us with this signing. But why is everyone resigned to the fact we will lose out to Bayern?

29. redfanman

Because if he goes to Bayern, we'll have already accepted the fact we lost out on our primary target. If he comes to us, it will be so much sweeter.

Secondly, it's rare for us to beat other clubs to a signing, thats not even just clubs like Bayern, but other clubs of a similar tier to us.

30. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

Mkrian, coasta, willian, salah, Sigurdson, Eriksen, Shakiri, Gotze, Konaplyanka - the list of players who didn't come here goes on and on. Even last summer, Celtic Dembele, Dortmund Dembele, Pulisic, Dahoud, Zielinski, Hector. I guess only when we win few trophies, when we go in for a player - the players will start pushing their clubs to sell them to us.
    All this are only from BRs term. During Kenny's diving champion Young and Jones and Auguero (apparently fan), Gomes and who knows what all snubbed us...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017