Julian Brandt (AM) Bayer Leverkusen

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by ubermick, Mar 13, 2017.

?

Will we get him?

1. Yep

2. No chance!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mark Thurgood

Mark Thurgood is tired of this "new member" tag

I think considering he's rejected Bayern in the past gives us some elbow room in the (at the moment) 2 way tussle for him. I'd like to think the deal between Liverpool and Leverkusen is a done deal, personal terms is the thing here because of soon to be champions league football for us, I think as soon as we finish in the top 4, it will be announced. No proof, just my hunch.

2. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

Being German and Bayern being the German club is why people think we may lose out to them, even if Brandt has already turned them down once. And if as a child he had a dream of some day winning the Bundesliga, Bayern is the only team in the league where he can achieve that and can do that every year.

redfanman likes this.
  3. football.tiger

football.tiger TIA Squad Member

Yeah the German club all Germans hate...

4. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that he joins Bayern.He may well want the challenge and excitement of playing in England. Add to that the thought of playing for Kloppo and the distinct possibility that we'll be playing Champions League footy next season, I think we have a decent chance of signing him.

Mark Thurgood likes this.
  5. rickardinho1

rickardinho1 Active Member

We stole Can from Bayern. I'm sure there were plenty of teams interested in Matip as well.

6. Mark Thurgood

Mark Thurgood is tired of this "new member" tag

Someone on my wave length.

7. NYRhockey

Crazy to think Leverkusen are only 4pts off relegation zone. Julian surely will want to leave that and he'd be welcome at Liverpool :-)

8. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Julian has already stated i think that he wants to go, his club have also been open about him leaving. I dont think anything can change that. The only question is where does he want to go to.

9. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Seen on the Twitter thread that he's given an interview saying he won't be moving to Bayern in the summer. Hate to put two and two together, but...

redfanman, Alright Now and LaurazRed like this.
  10. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Do you think the fee might be at least £30m?...

11. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Options for him - stay where he is to be the big player in a club that play second, third or fourth fiddle to Bayern (the blue chip company), or join the blue chip (Bayern) company and play a small part of that team, or join an upcoming newly IPO group (Liverpool) and grow the the new group.

redfanman likes this.
  12. Zinedine Biscan

I really couldn't say. I thought it was less than that when it was previously doing the rounds?

13. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

No, he'd be available for abut £20mil

14. redbj

redbj crowd fund for you to shut up give me the details

Juicy....

15. Zinedine Biscan

Waaaait, is this related to the rumour Kopstar was talking about before, then? Too subtle for that time in the morning, mate lol

I'd be over the moon if this was happening. Looks a real prospect.

redfanman and Alright Now like this.
  16. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

lollollol
    I simply had to.
    On serious note - i hope it's around 20m.

17. Kopstar

For the record I've got no idea whether this is the player I was told we'd agreed a £30m+ fee for with his club (obviously would still need to agree terms with the player as well). The timings around certain comments in the media aligned but again that could purely be coincidence.

Still, if it's not reported by the Echo or Sky... ;-)

redfanman and Zinedine Biscan like this.
  18. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

or, more definitively, Miss Reddy...;-)

19. Dave-D

Dave-D Well-Known Member

How many get relegated from the BL, if it's two I doubt Leverkusen will go down and from reading between the lines I expect Brandt to stay where he is.

He seem more interested in playing than being at a big club not getting games which at his age is the correct thing to be doing in my opinion.

Or he could have offers but is making it crystal clear he will only move to be and first choice player guaranteed to start most weeks.

20. NYRhockey

@Dave-D, as i understand it the bottom 2 (17th and 18th) get automatically relegated and the 3rd from last (16th) goes into a playoff against the 3rd place team of the 2.Bundesliga. Right now Leverkusen are 12ths, 3 pts from the 16th spot and play Ingolstadt (17th), Cologne (8th) and Hertha (5th) to close out the season.

Dave-D likes this.
  21. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Should that happen, would anyone be willing to consider a double bid for Chicarito?

Dave-D likes this.
  22. HKReds

HKReds Member

No.. and it not just because of his history but that's my opinion

23. Cologne-Liverpool

Cologne-Liverpool Well-Known Member

What he said, was: "If you join a new club, there's no guarantee, that you'll get to play. I think it will be very important to play a lot of games next season. That is definitely the case here in Leverkusen".
    Again, the Bayern rumour was always more about him joining Bayern not this but the following summer, which would also mean, that the buy-out clause could get activated. Not saying this will happen or that he won't join us, but there's also that possibility.

24. Kopstar

Glad you've cleared that up! ;-)

25. Cologne-Liverpool

I still hope that he's the 30m rumour you heard about. Tbh his statement leaves enough room for interpretation - maybe he's just waiting to see how things turn out at the end of the season(both for Leverkusen and us)?

Zinedine Biscan and Alright Now like this.
  26. Alright Now

Alright Now Well-Known Member

You're supposed to be giving us answers, not asking us questions. Isn't this your wheel house? :-)

27. Zinedine Biscan

Yeah, his statement had something of the 'keeping options open' about it, though I think he could be serious about not wanting to go to Bayern, and likely for the reason stated of wanting to play regularly. Their recent treatment of players like Shaqiri, Gotze and Coman might have sent up some red flags for young players not simply in it for the money.

Out of interest, has he played much alongside Can for the younger NT age groups? Just wondering if there's a possible friendship there that might put another point or two in our favour.

redfanman likes this.
  28. Cologne-Liverpool

Sorry for letting you down, I realise I'm an utter failure. I really should know more than the entire German sports press combined...;-)

29. Cologne-Liverpool

Well they did play together at Leverkusen in the BL and also in the German U21. No clue if there's a friendship or not.

30. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

No. He's a couple of age groups younger than Can. They had a short amount of time together at Leverkusen in Can's one year there though.