Julian Brandt (AM) Bayer Leverkusen

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by ubermick, Mar 13, 2017.

?

Will we get him?

1. Yep

2. No chance!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mark Thurgood

Mark Thurgood is tired of this "new member" tag

I think considering he's rejected Bayern in the past gives us some elbow room in the (at the moment) 2 way tussle for him. I'd like to think the deal between Liverpool and Leverkusen is a done deal, personal terms is the thing here because of soon to be champions league football for us, I think as soon as we finish in the top 4, it will be announced. No proof, just my hunch.

2. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

Being German and Bayern being the German club is why people think we may lose out to them, even if Brandt has already turned them down once. And if as a child he had a dream of some day winning the Bundesliga, Bayern is the only team in the league where he can achieve that and can do that every year.

redfanman likes this.
  3. football.tiger

football.tiger TIA Squad Member

Yeah the German club all Germans hate...

4. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that he joins Bayern.He may well want the challenge and excitement of playing in England. Add to that the thought of playing for Kloppo and the distinct possibility that we'll be playing Champions League footy next season, I think we have a decent chance of signing him.

Mark Thurgood likes this.
  5. rickardinho1

rickardinho1 Active Member

We stole Can from Bayern. I'm sure there were plenty of teams interested in Matip as well.

6. Mark Thurgood

Mark Thurgood is tired of this "new member" tag

Someone on my wave length.

7. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

Crazy to think Leverkusen are only 4pts off relegation zone. Julian surely will want to leave that and he'd be welcome at Liverpool :-)

8. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Julian has already stated i think that he wants to go, his club have also been open about him leaving. I dont think anything can change that. The only question is where does he want to go to.