Kylian Mbappe (FW/AM) Monaco

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by ubermick, May 18, 2017.

?

Will we get him?

1. Yeah!

2. HAHAHAH NO CHANCE!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

Fuck it, why not.

Marca claims we've bid for him, and while the Echo has rubbished that claim, they confirm our interest in him. That's enough for a thread.

Liverpool 'bid' for Monaco striking sensation Kylian Mbappe - latest
    Reds have not yet made any formal approach for the Monaco sensation

Liverpool have not yet made any formal bid for Europe's hottest property, Kylian Mbappe.

Reports in Spain today claimed that Monaco have already rejected a formal bid from the Reds of 75m euros for their 18-year-old striking sensation.

Real Madrid, Manchester United and Barcelona are all said to be interested in the French prodigy but Marca claimed that Liverpool had been the first to make their move with a formal bid.

However the ECHO understands that Liverpool have not made any such move.

Like most of the top teams in Europe, Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp are interested in Mbappe but have not followed that up with any concrete proposal.

[​IMG]

Mbappe's 15th league goal of the season clinched the French title for Monaco this week and his stunning displays in the Champions League have alerted the whole of Europe to his potential.

He has previously suggested he would like to stay at least another year in Monaco and the club's Russian billionaire owner Dimitri Rybolovdev has stressed that his club does not need to sell.

Real Madrid is considered the most likely future destination for Mbappe.

The suggested 75m euros 'bid' for Mbappe, around £64m, would be almost double the record fee Liverpool have ever paid for a player, the £35m forked out for Andy Carroll in January 2011.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...s/liverpool-bid-kylian-mbappe-latest-13057223

RaoulDuke and redfanman like this.
  2. Mark Thurgood

Mark Thurgood is tired of this "new member" tag

I was waiting for this about 4 months ago. Yes please. In order to achieve great things we have have decent and great players. I'd like to see it happen, but my feet certainly stay on the ground on this rumour. After all of this we'll probably sign Maximilian Arnold from Wolfsburg instead.

3. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

Would love it but never gonna happen. At least we're aiming high, gives me more optimisim over the transfers that will come through.

RaoulDuke likes this.
  4. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

We tried to sign him last summer before he signed his professional contract with Monaco. One of the supreme talents in world football, basically Henry reincarnated.

5. kwala

kwala TIA Regular

Fuck it let's start writing a song for him! lol

In reality as unlikely as it is, we'd be a great choice for him if we get CL footy. Great manager who loves working with and developing young players. A whole lot less pressure than Real Madrid etc. He'd be given time to grow not expected to hit 50 a season from the start. Whether we can compete financially or actually attract such a hot property is another matter. But it looks like we are actually seriously interested which shows a new level of ambition.

Alright Now and Broomy like this.
  6. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

I think @ILLOK already did that... he wants him because of that Hanson kid group song.... sounds perfect to me. lol

7. nonodoll

nonodoll Member

"Mbappe around the Clock" to the tune of "Rock around the Clock" by Bill Haley and the Comets.

Alright Now, redfanman and kwala like this.
  8. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

This could be the most pointless thread ever

FGred, Alright Now, RobLFC and 5 others like this.
  9. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

He'll have to change his name to Mbarme if he does sign for us.

Alright Now likes this.
  10. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

If your prepared to pay 50m for VVD then surely 80m for this lad is a no brainer

He is a two in one player that he can play CF and on the wing and if Mane got injured we would still have a threat going forward if it limited us to VVD, Sessegnon, Keita and MBAPPE i could live with that.

FGred likes this.
  11. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

Can anyone really see this happening? Seriously north of £65m --Nah I cant

12. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member

IMO he have already agreed a move to Real Madrid replacing Bale.

13. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member

It give us a bigger chance signing Aubameyang. I think he would have been nailed on for a move to Real but I doubt that they will sign both.

FGred likes this.
  14. redbj

redbj hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

Whaddayaknow.....Liverpool shopping for something they won't end up buying......boring.

redfanman likes this.
  15. Never Say Never

Never Say Never To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

At least we're shopping in the right stores? No more Tesco/Walmart off brand stuff.

Red Armada likes this.
  16. redbj

but we are not, are we? why bother test driving a Ferrari if you can only afford a merc sedan?

if we cant buy him, why bother? which mastermind is wasting valuable club time speculating on such bids?

these bids and 'genuine interest' take up valuable resources that could be used spending time on realistic targets.

I feel like im starting to get an agenda now, but its getting harder to ignore.

unless of course, its just a bit of a leak from the club.....which opens up even more serious questions.

I know it can be read as being defeastist on my behalf...believe me, im not, im just being realistic....even if we go and thump down big money on this lad....where does that leave the budget for the rest of the squad....

Livvy and redfanman like this.
  17. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

Or..it could be a rumour started by agent.

I question how much opportunity cost there actually is to place a call to Monaco and ask how much they want if that is indeed what is happening. Considering he is one of the players that is likely to define the market, a club like LFC does indeed have an interest in lighting a fire under the proceedings even if the likelihood of landing the player is minimal.

Just seems to me that we have made enough of a hash of real transfers that actually happened, or ones we absolutely know were actually club targets actively pursued such as Konoplyanka and Salah, that getting noses bent out of shape about silly season rumours is...well, silly.

redbj and redfanman like this.
  18. redbj

yep. agree.

hence im not getting my nose bent out of shape, im just calling it early.

I get the games side of it...I just think...IF its got legs, and it fails...well.....that piles getting bigger, isn't it.

its a fine line, im expecting a blanket response from someone soon suggesting no club ever lands all of its targets....which is true...a fact of life....

but we seem to make a habit of targeting, and pursueing well into the chase, players that then are not signed for the flimsiest of reasons, and im not talking about 'press release reasons' like 'his wife likes it in London'...im talking about feasible reasons.

konoplanyka being a prime example, I mean, as far as players go...hes a akind of 'off the shelf' standard model....you can pick up what he brings at most major retailers.....but we went long into the night in a political hotspot with aggressive sellers....

redfanman likes this.
  19. Never Say Never

Never Say Never To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Yeah, but it uses data and/or cellphone minutes. That shits expensive.

NYRhockey likes this.
  20. redbj

laugh all you like.

but fuck arsing around with dead ends which could have been realised as dead ends has cost this club a lot in the past.

as Arminus rightly points out, not even close to it at this stage...but this is Classic LFC under FSG....plenty of bark.....just maybe the wrong tree once too many times to be a coincidence.

21. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

75 million Euros for an 18 year old who's only had 1 full season. I dont think so.

75 Million Euros should buy you the real deal, not potential.

Anthony Martial had more games under his belt than this guy when he left Monaco to go to Manu.

22. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

For that kind of money you'd want someone a bit more established.If we paid that for this lad the price of some established quality we might be after would go through the bloody roof.They'd be starting at 6 figures!

23. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

Nah,that would be a struggle!

24. RMP

RMP TIA First Team

Won't be happening.

He'll be off to Madrid or Chelsea.

He'll be the next name on that long list consisted of Costa, Eriksen, Sanchez, Gotze etc.

redbj likes this.
  25. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Potential? Just because he's 18?

His current level is of the best wide players in Europe, definitely in the top 10. He's scored 26 this year in all comps, 6 in 9 in the CL. That is not only far more prolific than Martial was (who is a very good player btw and was mostly playing as a centre forward not a winger) but also proving he can perform at the highest level.

Even if Mbappe didn't improve in the slightest bit over the next 10 years he'd still be one of the best attacking players in the world.

26. KillerBeeLFC

KillerBeeLFC TIA Reserve Team

At this point in time if were paying that much for a striker id prefer one who has a few more years under his belt, someone like dybala. It is a risk and a massive amount to be paying for someone with so few games.
    If we got him Id be made up though, Id just be praying it worked out.

27. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

I think it was the Quagliarella thread that got to 38 pages.

garth, Ataturk and Limiescouse like this.
  28. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

Quaresma. And for context, the Silva and Villa threads all got to over 100 pages.

garth, Ataturk, Arminius and 2 others like this.
  29. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Wind-Down Merchant

The lad wouldn't come here, even if we offer 100m.
    I'm pretty sure he also has some "smart" agents/advisors who tell him it can only be Real or Barca now. Or maybe city or chelsea for the money (wages, not transfer fee).
    And that LFC or even Bayern are below his level now.

30. richieh10

richieh10 Active Member

I would love this to happen....

Probably not going to though but we can all dream.

He is fucking ace on football manager so worth a punt lol