Kylian Mbappe (FW/AM) Monaco

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by ubermick, May 18, 2017.

?

Will we get him?

1. Yeah!

2. HAHAHAH NO CHANCE!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Enlighten me, how would that happen? All our defenders who didn't do that badly when played together, those 4, are going to be asked to play with one leg?

Klopptinho likes this.
  2. MarcusBerglund

MarcusBerglund Well-Known Member

This thread has become an embarassment.
    Mix between who would you buy and the unreliable transfer thread.

Livvy, Keeno, Chewbazza and 1 other person like this.
  3. SoftGerman

SoftGerman Well-Known Member

I always wondered what it would look like if those two had a baby together.

redfanman and lfc.eddie like this.
  4. Prolix

Prolix Well-Known Member

Don't read it?

Livvy, ptt, redfanman and 2 others like this.
  5. Maurice

Maurice TIA Youth Team

Can we put this thread to bed please. We won't sign Kylian Mbappe.

GermanRed and redbrummie1 like this.
  6. SBYM

SBYM I'm just living the dream

We had it in the bag until fucking Real came along!!!

I blame Ronaldo's dodgy accountant.

7. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

For those claiming £100m for Mbappe is lunacy, Barca's former president has revealed that Inter Milan once bid 150m euros to sign Lionel Messi... 11 years ago when he was 18 and had played about two-dozen first team games. They were so alarmed that the release clause was being met so easily they soon after raised it to 250m euros:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lionel-messi-barcelona-transfer-bid-10637978

If an upper-mid table Italian side was prepared to pay that over a decade ago before he'd properly established himself, it just shows that sometimes a phenomenal talent comes along that is worth taking a bit of a risk on.

8. schmee

schmee Am I my own mentor or my own worst enemy?

The repetitive claims you make about FSG are never true yet people still have to read your posts. Why not just ignore this thread as I'm sure a number of people have done with your posts?

9. GermanRed

GermanRed Member

The little boys in here that are hopeful that we'll sign him are the same that will cry on September 1st and say 'we were linked with Kylian Mbappe and ended up with Dominic Solanke'

10. Zinedine Biscan

I doubt anyone is hopeful.

11. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

I've got a tub with about £70 in 5p coins to chip in and a couple asda gift card's but they don't expire until after the window,counting my two's and one's now but it's a start.:-)

treboeth and redfanman like this.
  12. GermanRed

GermanRed Member

Then why doesn't this thing gets shut down by an admin? Or is it the children's section of this forum?

13. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

Who needs Mbappe when you have the World Cup U20 player of the tournament? :well done:

redbj likes this.
  14. Zinedine Biscan

It's been reliably reported that we've at least approached his advisors. Why should it get shut down, just because it's unlikely to happen? The admins have already said it's remaining open to stop the related posts taking over other catch-all threads such as the unreliable rumours and who would you buy discussions. If you don't like it, maybe don't read it?

15. redbj

redbj hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

Agree...fancy wanting good players at the club and being dissapointed if we just end up with a striker with the tiniest bit of experience.....what a bunch of weak cunts we are, eh?

I just wish I had your strength, your faith, your dignity.....but I could never....I admit my weakness, I'm expected more than Dominic Solanke....oh the shame....

Livvy, treboeth, redfanman and 3 others like this.
  16. Scott Jones

Fucking killjoys everywhere,why not be a bit optimistic and slightly deranged in thinking,stranger things have happened.

Livvy, treboeth, redfanman and 3 others like this.
  17. GermanRed

GermanRed Member

I am 100% sure that his advisors were approached about a move for January (because Mané AFCON...) when nobody expected this kid to cost more than £40m. If LFC were ever even in the race for Mbappe the race was over in January.
    The fact that it was reported now is just part of the game to increase the fee.

18. Zinedine Biscan

Even if the above is true... and it's just your opinion... still, where's the harm? The thread is divided almost 50/50 between those who would love to us sign him but don't think it will ever happen, and those who think it would be a scandalous waste of money. So who is it hurting?

19. redbj

redbj hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

The orphans?

Livvy, Arminius, treboeth and 5 others like this.
  20. schmee

schmee Am I my own mentor or my own worst enemy?

Why keep posting in here if it bothers you so much? Reading and commenting on a thread that annoys you is probably a lot more STUPID than any fan hoping the Club sign one of the best young players in the game.

Read the other threads. Comment on them or not as you wish and then go to the top of the rumours section and click on mark all threads read and then you can happily ignore this thread without it even showing up as having new posts all the time.

21. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

Condescending much? If it offends you, and others, so much then skip it. Nobody is forcing you to read it so why try and force your opinion on us that do want to. At this point its this sniping more than anything that will force admins to close it rather than him being unlikely to move here.

The lads want to chat about it so let them. I don't see you going down to your local, wherever that may be, overhearing a conversation about football and barging in going 'pack it in, you lot are childish.'

You may be a bit more evolved but Scott, Schmee, ARD, Ed, ILLOK and me over 'ere are enjoying being slightly deranged. ZB doesn't count, he drinks tea so he's much more refined.

22. Zinedine Biscan

It's an image the anonymity of the internet allows me to cultivate, but being a home-worker, when I sit around sipping my tea, generally I'm doing so in my underpants. lol

23. Wyld@Heart

Oh you neanderthal, you.

Livvy, redfanman and Zinedine Biscan like this.
  24. Zinedine Biscan

I know! My wife keeps asking me to use a mug like a normal person, but basically I've gone feral.

treboeth, Wyld@Heart and redfanman like this.
  25. Wyld@Heart

Tell me you're not making it in your hot water bottle and taking it to bed with you:shocked:

*edit* or worse. Loading it in said hot water bottle and using it to warm up your nether regions while wandering around pantless while sneaking a sip every now and then. ;-)

26. Zinedine Biscan

Not yet, though that is a cracking idea for winter.

redfanman, Wyld@Heart and Livvy like this.
  27. GermanRed

GermanRed Member

Ok i will try to ignore this thread

You guys remember the Arsenal fans that we use to make fun of when they are hopeful to sign Suarez or Higuain and end up with signing Yaya Sanogo and Lucas Perez? Probably that's what I am afraid of because some of us are moving into that direction of embarrassment.

28. Wyld@Heart

We ended up with Andy Carroll, Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing within six months of each other, mate. Trust me. We have already plumbed the depths of embarrassment.

29. Scott Jones

Yeah Arsenal,no comparison pal.:well done:

30. Zinedine Biscan

Thing is, we don't actually need Mbappe. I see him as more the sort of opportunistic signing where someone so good comes unexpectedly onto the market (even at such a large price) so you do as much as you can to bring them in, without any real expectation of doing so. If by some miracle it does happen, great. Fabulous in fact. If it doesn't, life goes on, no biggie.

I'd be more than happy to bring in Salah and for he, Firmino and Mane be our main attacking options next year, with Origi, Sturridge (him staying is looking likely) and Solanke backing them up. I don't even think we need Lacazette, although I would be happy if we did bring him in.