Kylian Mbappe (FW/AM) Monaco

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by ubermick, May 18, 2017.

?

Will we get him?

1. Yeah!

2. HAHAHAH NO CHANCE!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Weird ESPN report saying Monaco have put a £51mil price tag on his head. Guess that's just his left leg.

2. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Fat Ronaldo at peak was a footballer that defied normal football, he was the ultimate player.. you combine Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Neymar you get him.. he also moved to Barca at 19 no? Similar how old was Torres when he came here? Mbappe just turned 18.. he is a couple of years behind both players in terms of development, but even still comparing him to the God Ronaldo is harsh, I doubt I'll see a player as good as him again in my lifetime.

3. schmee

schmee Am I my own mentor or my own worst enemy?

Just echoing the God of Arda's post above mine about how amazing Ronaldo was back then. However surely it'd be a better comparison with Ronaldo's time at PSV to Mbappe?

Personally don't think Mbappe will ever be the equal of peak Brazilian Ronaldo but I don't think many players at all ever will.

Limiescouse likes this.
  4. Klopptinho

Klopptinho Well-Known Member

ronaldo was world player of the year in his first year at barca wasn't he ? i remember him playing against leeds utd in a european tie and a friend who was a leeds supporter telling me that ronaldo was just on a different level and that there was no shame in their defeat. he was comparable to maradona in his ability to win a match single handed .

spartacus136, lfc.eddie and Iluvatar like this.
  5. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member

I would say that Fowler was almost as good as Ronaldo at the same age and he could have been as good as him IMO. The difference between them was that Ronaldo gave 100% in training, Fowler didn't.

So many young fantastic talents out there but to be the best or among the best then you must be a top class pro off the pitch. Eat the right things and so on.

Mbappe could be top class but do he have the mentality to be that?

6. vjcpatriot

vjcpatriot Active Member

If we sign Mbappe. It would be the greatest splash in the history of Liverpool transfers. I would suddenly have my faith restored in this club's intent and ambition. However I don't believe they have the balls or the negotiating nous to pull this off even if they wanted to.

I hope they prove me wrong but I doubt it for this case. Really special looking player here. Could be a regular 20-30+ goal scorer in the Premier League if he moves here.

7. Klopptinho

Klopptinho Well-Known Member

fowler was a class striker .. a real fox in the box but in ronaldo we are talking about one of the greatest players of all time - no disrespect to robbie but ronaldo was a different animal and a completely different type of player - ronaldo was being compared to pele at 18 , 19 , 20. i remember a few news papers comparing collymore to ronaldo lol

8. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

If it is still wet, it is not cold, you have just made some poor personal clothing choices.

Prolix, Klopptinho and Limiescouse like this.
  9. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

That is a very interesting interpretation of Ronaldo's approach to football, and not one you will get much support for.

10. redbj

redbj hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

Yeah, seems to have fucked PSG and Citeh right over.

11. Arminius

It probably cost City a league title in 14/15. They could not keep Negredo that season because of their FFP restrictions, or more precisely, letting him go as their back-up striker was the way they brought themselves into compliance. Aguero got injured early that December, and they did not get another goal from a striker in the calendar year - in fact, just one until mid February. During that time, their form dipped badly, after starting with two wins they would put together 1 win, 1 loss and 4 draws. Chelsea opened up their lead in that window.

It has now been considerably weakened as a constraint, with minimal rules governing use of equity.

redfanman likes this.
  12. redbj

Noted.

lfc.eddie likes this.
  13. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

It's also FFP that is apparently the main driver for Roma needing to sell Salah, and hopefully to us, with a hard deadline on when they need to get it completed by.

Imagine if we were in the same situation, needing to sell one of our top guys like Coutinho or Mane by July :shocked:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    redfanman likes this.
  14. SBYM

SBYM I'm just living the dream

Well...I did live there for 28 years.

Flukey as feck...it's no coincidence this band formed in Melburn...

But I reckon London has it beat...

In Melbourne you can see it coming. Here it seems to change in between looking out the window and walking out the front door...

treboeth and lfc.eddie like this.
  15. Maurice

Maurice TIA Youth Team

lollollollollol

16. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

Back to Mbappe come to terrms that he doesnt want to be anywhere else other than Real Madrid, so why try and fight it we would only lose him after a couple of years

I guess PEA represents much better value for money and at his age were unikely to lose him if he had an amazing season for us.

DaveOCKOP‏Verified account @DaveOCKOP 14m14 minutes ago
    Afraid to say this but Le Parisien have said that Liverpool are interested in Aubameyang, fee €70M and Aubameyang wants to join Liverpool.

17. Arminius

The problem with Aubameyang is that at his age, if we don't win a title in the next 2-3 years, the transfer is a failure. With Mbappe, even if you lose him in that same time period, you recover a much higher percentage of the outlay. Aubameyang at 70M is quite possibly not as good value as Mbappe at 100M, with the only uncertainty being the fact that over the next two years or so Mbappe has more downside risk.

OhYaBeauty likes this.
  18. Makati Red

PEA is 70m Euros against 120m sterling

19. Arminius

The point still holds. Mbappe is 10 years younger. PEA has 2-3 peak seasons left, Mbappe, if he develops on the most normal pathway is about 7 years from reaching his peak years.

Red Armada, lfc.eddie and Scott Jones like this.
  20. Makati Red

Its rather irrelevant has he has now made it clear he wants to join Real

21. Arminius

I don't see any harm in competing with Real, at the very least making their negotiation over price a little more complex. If a couple of years ago it isn't working out for him at Real, maybe he will regret his decision and be looking to start over elsewhere.

If the manager wants to roll the dice, there is no shame or harm in losing out to Real Madrid, the defending CL champions.

redfanman, lfc.eddie and Livvy like this.
  22. redbj

The perfect crime really.

'We almost got him lads, if it wasn't for that pesky Real Madrid .....fuck all time left in the window now though...that Shane long...what's he up to?"

23. Arminius

Where was that thread we were talking about the forums being excessively cynical and negative again?;-)

We definitely should not be counting on it (if we are actually interested at all), but I just don't think you can aim to be the best until you try to compete with the best.

Lalo, Wyld@Heart, eythor and 5 others like this.
  24. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Again that's from the horses mouth or voices in your head?

25. redbj

So any form of negative based sentiment not backed up by a firm essay of fact shall from this day forward be regarded as fume?

Well played FSG

26. Arminius

Well, if you would like to provide a general guide as to what sort of negative commentary is acceptable dialogue, and which forms are merely drinking FSG koolade, I am sure we would all benefit.

redfanman, redbj and Chewbazza like this.
  27. redbj

ill bite.

in my mind, the 'fume' that was alluded to, and the tut tutting it implied....

would need to be at least a third of the posts being over the top critical in any given thread, over a period of more than 24 hours (after a bombshell dropped)...or figures of that kind of ilk....not a random blab from someone with a track record of decent posting.....

but that is just MY interpretation of 'fume' over any given issue...if that's too loose, and we want to suggest any one off comment constitutes 'fume' then I guess ill back out of the debate over the issue.

28. LuisSuarez

LuisSuarez TIA Reserve Team

Could he perform on a cold rainy monday night at the Britannia

29. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo Expert YouTube scout

I'm assuming he saw something like this:

Marca: Kylian Mbappé has told Monaco he wants to leave this summer and play for Real Madrid

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/876565422681751552

30. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Marca are nothing but Reals mouthpiece, so so unreliable.