Kylian Mbappe (FW/AM) Monaco

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by ubermick, May 18, 2017.

?

Will we get him?

1. Yeah!

2. HAHAHAH NO CHANCE!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

Icardi is signed to a long contract with a release clause of 110 mil euros. No way we get him under 40 because of that, but also no way he goes for anywhere near his release clause

Arsenal (and West Ham) tried last year to sign Lacazette for 35 and Lyon told them where to go. They know how good his and how much he's worth. They have him on a contract that isn't expiring until 2019. They can, and will, hold on for more than 35. Personally I see 40-50 being the lowest we could get him for if no one else starts bidding. If others come for him it will rise much higher.

Agree that 60 is possible but that is very much the lower bound and depends on no one else coming in for him. He wants Madrid to buy him and that would trump the Klopp connection.

Out of the three I see Lacazette as the most realistic option, and hopefully we do it.

2. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Pretty much. Going to be some craaazy fees paid this summer, I reckon.

As for Lacazette (in response to @shankly96 ), the Lyon president said a few days back that they've received an offer and that if he moves it will be "to the club that is in his heart".

I can't say for certain who that is, but I'm reasonably sure it's not us, unfortunately.

redfanman and Anfield rd Dreamer like this.
  3. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

I saw that. In the past Lacazette's said he wants to play in the PL and tried to force the move to Arsenal. I'm willing to bet the "club that is in his heart" is the one offering him the highest wages with CL football. Provided we finish above Arsenal I reckon we can get him if we move quickly.

4. Mark Thurgood

Mark Thurgood is tired of this "new member" tag

Even if this rumour is absolute rubbish, it also sends a hidden little message.....(we are willing to do what it takes to get the ideal candidates to fulfil certain positions in our team/squad.
    Whether or not Mbappe is a target, now, it doesn't matter what club you're managing you always want the best, not the best attainable, but the best.

5. Etipafilaf

Etipafilaf "If we want, this can be a real special day."

I'd be mad if we didn't ask. You should always ask.

What if the answer was "I've always dreamed of playing at Real Madrid but my family and I agreed it's better for my development to take gradual steps toward that goal, btw my second favorite club growing up was Liverpool and I've always wanted to play for Jurgen Klopp."

I just made that up but what if that was a real answer and we didn't ask?!?

6. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Well, PEA's price dropped by €21m in less than half an hour. At that rate of depreciation he'll be a bargain by now.

7. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

About right. Remember there was a player who was a massive Liverpool fan, dreamt of playing for us, but couldn't be arsed putting in a bid for him. Dele something or other. Plays in London, I think.

8. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

We're a funny lot, us Liverpool fans. For the past several years we've griped - justifiably - about us constantly sniffing around the bargain bin, never being linked with top players, grumbling about our mid-priced BMW signings while greedily eyeing the Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Bentleys playing in the colours of our opponents.

The second we get linked with a top player for the first time in yonks - and yes, it's a relatively outside link - the response from a large chunk of supporters is "Oooh, I dunno, that's an awful lot to pay for a Ferrari... we could get a couple of used beemers with a sensible warranty for that price."

It's also somewhat telling that again, when linked with a top player for the first time in yonks - and yes, it's a relatively outside link - another large chunk of supporters (myself included to be fair) is "Hahaha, as if!!!"

It's about the only time I have even the slightest amount of envy for the fans of other teams. Everton fans, for example, never even consider that a Ferrari might someday be in the garage, the best they can do is carefully apply stickers and fat exhaust tips on their shabby Renaults. Meanwhile the likes of City, Chelsea, and United don't even question the arrival of a Ferrari, they just wonder how many and what colour will they be.

And yes, I've taken the Ferrari thing about as far as it'll go.

(Ferrari.)

9. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

Only problem with that particular Ferrari is whether the engine is capable of maintaining it's grunt for a lot longer.
    Meanwhile I'd not whinge about a decent Beamer with the lowish miles on the clock.

10. redbj

redbj crowd fund for you to shut up give me the details

It's more like going car shopping with your parents and your dad is forever wasting time looking at the sports coupe when you know full well mum will end up telling him he's getting the sturdy sedan for a reasonable price....

After a while you get sick of him wasting family time looking in the wrong car yard.

11. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

Yes because kids would prefer not to look at sports cars with their dad :rolleyes:

redfanman likes this.
  12. JMac8

JMac8 New Member

He was 6 years old the last time we won anything of note. Keep dreaming boyo!

13. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

Wherever he goes, the song is already boxed off.

Ataturk and Maria like this.
  14. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

Fuck off Eddie!

15. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

That genius idea was mine first. I win.

redfanman and lfc.eddie like this.
  16. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

great minds think alike....fools rarely differ ;-)

redfanman likes this.
  17. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

I concur!

Kanonkop likes this.
  18. RMP

RMP TIA First Team

I am not against getting Mbappe, I just question whether this club have a viable backup plan when we cant sign the guy.

The summer of Alexis Sanchez has left me bitter. I believe we ended up with a striker that we had to let leave for free.

Limiescouse and redfanman like this.
  19. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

I know this is very unlike me but.... the time we went for Sanchez was a replacement for the outgoing genius, Suarez. This time it isn't to replace anyone but an addition to make us better than what we are. Secondly there are backups if we believe in all the rumours including this one. We're after Brandt,Salah and I am pretty sure some more names will surface from now till the next few months.

Well it's like the Zimbabwe currency then....

redfanman likes this.
  20. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

Sanchez and MBappe would be awesome, imagine those two with Mane upfront, almost unplayable

I think Mbappe has the potential to be the next Christian Ronaldo so hardly a risk he would give us 4 years then we would treble our money

21. eng.amohd

eng.amohd The false nine

Don't think we are getting him. Salah and Lacazette for our front line is all we need. Even Lacazette isn't a top target if Sturridge can get over his fitness issues.

22. Red&War

Red&War Well-Known Member

The kid looks good, but I worry about players labeled the next Thierry Henry. Based on how some of those turned out spending 75 million on them makes me nervous.

Just going leave these pictures here!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redfanman likes this.
  23. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

Martial is an excellent player who is stagnating under Jose, never rated Remy as the next Henry but he was decent when he could stay fit. Cisse was always a pace merchant

24. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

Don't do it to yourself mate, Danny will never get over them

StrongINTheAir likes this.
  25. eng.amohd

eng.amohd The false nine

Looking at the full half of the glass mate, Sturridge is a top class striker and I really like what he brings to the team. It is pathetic that we are not seeing him week in week out due to injuries.

26. TuscaloosaRed

TuscaloosaRed New Member

The Salah speculation is back in full force. My concern is our back line and a playmaker in midfield. There seems to be less chatter in those areas which makes me believe we've nailed down our guys or are close to it.

eng.amohd likes this.
  27. eng.amohd

eng.amohd The false nine

The backline options are VVD and Sessengon. For the midfield, there is Ox and Keita. If we manage to get these 4 + Salah, we would have solved most of our issues.

28. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

First off, Cisse cannot be labelled the next Henry since he is in the same generation as Henry, I also don't think I have heard Remy being labelled as the next Henry either because if he is, he won't be heading to QPR in London. Mbappe at his age showed so much maturity and composure when facing keeper. If you watch the last match Monaco played, that goal he scored where he opened his body up to show the keeper he is about to go for a right foot curve, and then drag it with his right and went past the keeper. All that while he is on the run. Not many players, not even those you mentioned in those pictures can do it. As for Martial, if he landed in the hands of managers like Wenger, you know he would have lit up the league.

All 3 you mentioned play as striker, Mbappe is a winger so he is quite similar to Henry.

29. Red&War

Red&War Well-Known Member

Haha, in fairness it post meant in Jest, however, I do remember all of those players being touted as the next Henry. To be fair its quite obvious that none of the players I mentioned are on Henry's level. I do like Kylian to be honest with you but i just think its a failing football today that clubs have to take huge financial risk of relatively unproven talent just to try and get ahead of the game. Saying all this i would be pro Liverpool spending heavy on a top class forward this season. We need to capitalize on the CL if we get it to secure a striker that will consistently fire us to that position year after year. If Klopp is convinced that Mbappe is that man then so be it.

30. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member