La Liga 2014/15

Discussion in 'European Football' started by DeathOrGlory, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Carlo rocking up to either Citeh or Utd is my concern as well. I sort of hope that if he becomes available both he and Milan feel the pull to get back together.

2. Herb

Herb Well-Known Member

If he was available City would snap him up in an instant. He'd have no trouble walking into another job wherever it may be, can't see Madrid getting rid of him yet anyway to be honest. Zidane is an unknown entity as a coach, managing their 2nd division side probably isn't the most difficult of jobs.

3. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

I don't think so. It's likely one of his dream destinations. He was a youth player there, and started his coaching formation at Real. It's his home club.

LFC have likely replaced them as the club at his heart since then, but he wouldn't scoff at the opportunity to coach the Real Madrid first team if given the opportunity.

Agree though that he's probably not 'flashy' enough for that club. His true place still belongs at LFC imo, and I hope he'll come back one day.

4. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

I'm sure we're all aware of Rafa's history with Real, but there has rarely ever been such a monumental mismatch between a coach and a club. Rafa would find an effective formula for the team, probably consisting of playing both Illaramendi and Silva at the expense of a flair player, they would go on a long winning run beating Barca and Atletico along the way, but the fans and boardroom would bitch that his double pivot left Bale on the bench. He would tell them they're idiots and the rapid downward spiral would begin. At real, it'snot enough to just win. You have to win the way they want you to with the players they want you to play.

5. Rattlesnake888

Rattlesnake888 Well-Known Member

Rafa has played a far more attacking style at Napoli, and they have been weak at the back because of it, so he will be perfect for Real!

6. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

The EL Classico atmsophere looks and sounds electric. I wish I could witness this at Camp Nou.

Come on Barca !

7. Herb

Herb Well-Known Member

Since that shocking miss by Neymar Real have been dominant. Should be ahead by now.

8. Rattlesnake888

Mascherano has been ok in front of the defence but he lacks Busquets quality on the ball. Maybe Mathieu off for Busquets with Mascherano going to CB will happen soon.

9. AYBGerrardo

AYBGerrardo Well-Known Member

10. RedCanuck099

RedCanuck099 Well-Known Member

11. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Of course, its got to be Suarez. He always score when its most needed in a crunch match. I miss him so much. Bites and all.:sobbing:

Just a thought, why is La Liga matches on so late, its like 10;30 PM in Spain, its a bit late for a match attendance, isn't it?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  12. spizfromoz

spizfromoz Well-Known Member

Worth every penny that Suarez.

13. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

W
    We should have demanded 100 million euros He so good at defending as well as attacking, he was the key difference in this match.

It was such an entertaining match although Barca didn't play particularly well in the first half but I have to say, both teams passing the ball is almost flawless compared to EPL passing and possession. They are in a class of their own.

This is how a classic derby should be like imo.

14. craigbellamy

craigbellamy Swinging away, hoping to land one on a cbb idiot

That match was everything that is wrong with football, except for the last 20 minutes.

Just imagine how good the football would be if they stopped falling over like muppets.....................

15. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Ah ok, I see what you mean, they were falling over like lemmings. I just like watching the way they pass the ball to each other, its so fluid even though it wasn't a great match.

16. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "┬┐Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

The officials robbed Madrid last night. Bale's goal was far from offside and Suarez goal was far closer to call it off than Bale's. Madrid was a better team, far more dangerous going forward, even the free kick won by Neymar for Barcelona's first goal is not even a free kick to begin with. I am no fan of Real Madrid, but fair is fair. Madrid was robbed.

17. spizfromoz

spizfromoz Well-Known Member

Took a few I replays for me to see it, eddie, but Ronaldo looked offside for the assist to Bale. Rakitic is moving back quite quickly - so by the time Ronaldo gets on the end of it, Rakitic has already moved back a couple of paces. Thing is, how did the linesman pick it, looked really tight around the box, with lots of players and movement?

18. Rattlesnake888

Eddie going by this post you would be the worst referee or linesman in the history of the game!! How can you miss Ronaldo being offside for Bale's "goal"??

19. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Yeah Ronaldo was just offside when he flicks it on, if he did give it for Bale it would have been the worst decision for years.

20. RedCanuck099

RedCanuck099 Well-Known Member

I swear these Madrid fans are becoming insane.
    They won the CL and the Copa del Rey last year.
    A year later, they're booing they're team after beating Schalke in the R16.
    And the player (Bale) who scored the winning goal in the CL final and the Copa del Rey final, including being man of the match, is now getting absolutely berated by his own fans because he's been a little under par this season (12 goals and 5 assists in 25 games).
    WTF?!

21. AYBGerrardo

Not to mention, it was earlier this season they were on an insane run of form. Unfortunately for us, it was around the time we had to play them.

22. POBox

POBox TIA Reserve Team

Looks like we can go for a bargain hunting in Madrid this summer.

23. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Wind-Down Merchant

Sure.
    Because we're going to be in a position to do that.
    Their talents can hardly await to join us, especially if we don't make it into the CL.

24. AYBGerrardo

5 goals for Ronaldo. Incredible.

25. Herb

Herb Well-Known Member

Shambolic defending all game, they were just giving up in the first half.

26. Rattlesnake888

Incredible? The only thing incredible is how poor Granada's goalkeeper and defence were. Ronaldo actually miss at least 5 other clearcut chances.

27. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

Bizarre - but the funniest thing is the way Busquets goes down

28. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Excellent player, but starting to be disgusting some of the things he does like that. Almost everyone dives these days and every side has 2-3 of them who do it regularly, but this is another level. He can't even act properly, it's ridiculous and I hope he stops so we can remember him one day mainly for things like this: https://vine.co/v/OllEmx5Xe1e

Elsewhere in Spain, AS are reporting that Atletico and Anderlecht have found verbal agreement for the transfer of Youri Tielemans.

29. AYBGerrardo

Suarez scored twice tonight, while we're left to endure rather than enjoy another match, and I'm wondering how it is we're still so far from last season's brilliance.

30. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

I think the answer is in your question. Suarez has more or less eclipsed Neymar now, Neymar is struggling yet Barcelona are moving up the gears and looking like a triple is a real possibility.