La Liga 2014/15

Discussion in 'European Football' started by DeathOrGlory, Jul 16, 2014.

1. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Goal difference of 76 and still not winning the league title. Holy shit.

2. norwegian wood

norwegian wood TIA Regular

Another magnificent goal. The control, the shift of weight (twice, in a split second), the finish. Genius. That's the sort of stuff you can try when playing indoor football; when the surface is perfect and you use those balls that almost stick to your shoe.

Not exactly at that speed though.....

Rattlesnake888 likes this.
  3. AYBGerrardo

AYBGerrardo Well-Known Member

Benitez is trending on twitter, lots of talk that he's in line to become the new Real Madrid manager. Fantastic if true.

norwegian wood likes this.
  4. lfc.eddie

If he is hired, I won't count on him lasting more than one season with the players power in the group. Ronaldo will be the first to give him shit because he does not want to track back and defend.

5. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

As a Rafa fan I really hope that doesn't happen. The way the respective parties work is just a recipe for disaster. I almost feel like watching my brother getting into a relationship with a horrible woman. I get the attraction, but I know it';s going to end horribly and I don't want to see him upset when the inevitable happens.

6. JustHitMyHead

JustHitMyHead TIA Reserve Team

Does it always end horribly though? It depends on the severance package... perhaps that is why so many smart and top managers are willing to go. I haven't seen the experience harm too many manager's reputations.

7. lfc.eddie

Not everyone is Roy Hodgson mate.....

8. norwegian wood

He knows the place and probably the people who run things there as well, so he'll know exactly what he's getting himself into. Every manager will know there are different rules at Real than at most other clubs. And they know that at some point they'll most likely have media and fans turning on them. It's probably part of what makes the job so attractive.

And if it ends with him being hounded out of town by the mob, I don't think he'll be that bothered. Like every other top manager, he's got thick skin to go with the huge ego. He can take it - it's the nature of the business he works in.

9. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

I still can't believe Real would let Ancelotti go just like that. Real will always be a lure and able to attract top names but still. Massive but also crazy club at times, plus how they booed Casillas (even if he's struggling) at the Bernabeu was disgusting.

Hope in your heart likes this.
  10. lfc.eddie

Apparently the reason given was his staffs inability to keep players fit throughout the season. Weird club with weird reasons.

11. Zoran

Looks like Carlo plans to take a year out from managing due to health problems, apparently already has an operation scheduled.

12. Incognito

Incognito The Normal One

There's the confirmation then! Perez is indeed ruthless, 9th sacking I believe in 12 years. He won the La decima and had an amazing run this year.

The saddest part is Rafa might end up there and will get all the stick if he isn't able to get them back to winning (trophies) ways.

13. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

Weird club, Madrid. Their fans and president demand success and view it as a right and not a privelige. Any manager there has to deliver trophies at a pace that is largely not sustainable; nobody can win every single year.

Reminds me of ancient Rome and the gladiatorial contests. Win, and the mob loved you. Lose, and well... Not quite the way to sustain a football club for 99.99%.of clubs but then again, they aren't run of the mill. Its a trade off I guess. The sack will be inevitable but with that certainty comes the chance to be a manager with all the cheats at your disposal without having to worry about sustainability, academy, cash flow, net spend, FFP etc etc. Fill your trophy cabinet, and your wallet, and nobody thinks the worse of you for getting the sack.

If Rafa got the job I'd be happy for him and hoping that he'd win loads and thrash Mourinho somewhere along the way. He's got the class and ability to do it.

Hope in your heart likes this.
  14. AYBGerrardo

AYBGerrardo Well-Known Member

BBC are calling it. "Rafael Benitez is expected to be installed as the new Real Madrid manager after his season with Italian club Napoli finishes on Sunday."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32880086

He's never had a squad this good, obviously. Hope it goes brilliantly for him.

15. lfc.eddie

The Chelsea side he took over isn't that bad though. If he gets the players to go with his ideas and program, he can be some scary manager to deal with, especially the calibre of players he has now. I still remember how difficult it was for us to get the ball off his Valencia side back in those days. They ran rings around us. Only problem he might face is asking players like Ronaldo and James Rodriguez to track back and defend often.

16. Zoran

Barca have announced plans to build a roof over the Camp Nou.

17. spizfromoz

spizfromoz Well-Known Member

Perhaps they're anticipating more rain

18. ShadesOfRed

ShadesOfRed TIA Youth Team

Wow... Messi does it a million times but it never fails to amaze.

19. norwegian wood

Hah! Leo, you beauty... If you want things done properly - do it yourself. Brilliant.

Zoran likes this.
  20. lfc.8

lfc.8 Well-Known Member

Just a brilliant goal by Messi.

21. ShadesOfRed

ShadesOfRed TIA Youth Team

119 goals between Messi, Suarez, and Neymar this season... madness.

22. ChicagoRed

ChicagoRed Banned Users

Brilliant football. Amazing. Go down in history with those Ajax sides.

23. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

If Barca win the Champions League could there have been a better season for Suarez or a worse one for Real Madrid.

spizfromoz likes this.
  24. norwegian wood

Incredible to see how much space Messi creates for his teammates, just by being on the pitch. See it game after game, and especially since he moved out wide: every time he gets the ball in the opposition's half he attracts the attention of three, four, five or six players. And of course he then either picks the perfect pass or just does something amazing. To be that good, week after week, year after year...never seen anything like it.

lfc.eddie likes this.
  25. lfc.eddie

Yeah, Suarez left totally unmarked in their second goal. Wouldn't blame Bilbao though, who the feck are you going to mark when you have Neymar, Messi and Suarez to deal with. Not to mention Rakitic and Xavi as well. By the way, can someone please tell Alves, he is not going to start any new trend with that kind of hairstyle.

Edit: Barcelona about to win every damn thing again. Quality of the squad came through in the end. Luis Enrique is not some tactical mastermind, but with the quality like Suarez, Messi and Neymar up top, all you need is to get them to play together. Play for each other, and you get the best out of them and the team.

Funny, at the midway of the season, Luis Enrique is in such deep shit. Everyone tipped him to be replaced, all talks about asking Pep back to manage them again and so on. He took Messi aside, made him the leader and spoke to him. The rest - well it's history.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    ShadesOfRed likes this.
  26. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Good management....

That rounds off cup final day and they were all pretty pants in terms of a spectacle.

27. Rattlesnake888

Rattlesnake888 Well-Known Member

When they do the videos of Messi's greatest goals on YouTube it's going to be two hours long.

No doubt that Messi is the greatest football player of all time and soon he may be talked about as the greatest sportsman of all time. He is already up there with the likes of Jordan, Federer, Bolt, Woods etc.

Tonight was Xavi's last at the Nou Camp and he controlled the game, as he always does, after coming on for Iniesta. I think he still has plenty to offer a top European club and it's a pity he is moving to Qatar. Unrivalled passing ability and one of the best central midfielders we are ever likely to see.

koptician and norwegian wood like this.
  28. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

I see snooty comments about Messi and when Tika Taka was getting found out their seemed to be an outpouring of "ha ha" at him.

I hope to finally see him one day, I've seen Suarez and he is a special talent but Messi is that one step up, My dad saw a few of the greats, he saw Matthews in one of his very last games for Stoke though he has zero interest in the game, I really hope to see one of the greats of our generation before he hangs his boots up.

29. lfc.eddie

Crazy....
    http://www.espnfc.com/barcelona/story/2473924/barcelonas-messi-neymar-suarez-trio-sets-goals-record
    Suarez had broken two records with his fellow strikers in two years, with two different leagues. Having been banned for two months, he still managed 24 goals is crazy. These three guys are going to be hard to take down.

And Aspas shared the honour with Neymar? Who would have thought..... Hahaha

30. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

And Suarez could have had a few more as well having laid on goals on a plate for his team mates when he would have been well justified taking it himself.

That trio is immense and what strikes me is how they gel without any egos getting in the way. They genuinely seem to like and play for each other and it makes it so much more of a joy to watch. Hard to see anyone stopping those three for a few more years at least.

lfc.eddie likes this.