La Liga 2015/16

Discussion in 'European Football' started by Nikola, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

One for those who like Spanish football's top tier.

2. AussieLFC79

AussieLFC79 TIA Regular

What a smart idea http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33346315.

Have never got into Spanish football to the level of picking a team to support, but Rayo have just put themelves far ahead of everyone else in Spain in my view

Hope in your heart likes this.
  3. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Saw this little gem this morning:

Phil Neville, Valencia’s new assistant coach, tried to ingratiate himself with the locals this week by tweeting, in Spanish, what he believed said “early morning run on the beach to start the day.” But which translated as “early morning orgasm on the beach.”

Way to make a first impression!

4. DEVGRU

DEVGRU Banned for the umpteenth time

He was so so brave..to share life's most intimate moments with the Valencia support.

5. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

He never! Haha! The poor guy.

I heard reports on the radio that Ronaldo has town a tantrum and fallen out with our Rafa and wants ton leave Real Madrid. I can't see him returning to Man U anytime soon though. I can't see Ronaldo getting on well with Van Gaal either.

Does anyone know if he got on well with Mourinho?

6. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

Their relationship at Madrid started rockily and deteriorated steadily. I don't think it was much of an accident that the last round of CRonaldo mooning about leaving Madrid came in Mourinho's last season. Their mutual agent managed to keep major public expressions of it from occurring, but many reports have it as quite poor by the end. One major point of tension was overly defensive tactics in Ronaldo's opinion, so one can expect similar tensions with Rafa.

7. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

I hope Rafa takes no shit from him, but the problem is that Ronaldo probably has more power at Madrid than Rafa.

8. spizfromoz

spizfromoz Well-Known Member

Pique sent off in the Super Cup vs Altetico for SHOUTING AT THE LINESMAN. Well well. Wonder what he said. And at last the ridiculous spectacle of players doing as they please is called out. Wonder where this will go.

9. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that RM under Rafa might be the slightly more settled side than Barca this season. Can see them winning La Liga.

10. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Hopefully by now everyone knows the esteem in which I hold Rafa, so it pains me to say this, but I just have this feeling it could all blow up in his face at Real. He's very political and isn't afraid to pick fights if he thinks a person or people are acting against the best interest of the club... whether that's players, staff, board members, presidents... so some feathers are going to be ruffled at some point. He also hates cliques and is unconcerned with pandering to big egos, and he's just joined probably one of the cliquiest, ego-mad clubs in the world. The closest place in his career I can liken it to is Chelsea, and despite winning them a trophy the fans and players all absolutely hated him.

Ronaldo kicks up a stink if a team-mate doesn't pass to him at exactly the right time... imagine the shit-storm that will occur the first time Rafa drops him (as happened with Terry).

Love Rafa, but I'm concerned about how it will turn out for him in Madrid.

11. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

[​IMG]

spizfromoz likes this.
  12. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Well done Bilbao eh.

13. spizfromoz

spizfromoz Well-Known Member

I doubt that was the first time, but it may be the last.

14. Zoran

So let's see this slightly new Atletico side, they look good on paper with a bit more strength in depth and some talented individuals too.

15. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

New season, same ol' Griezmann.

football.tiger likes this.
  16. Zoran

Real will start with:
    Navas
    Danilo Varane Ramos Marcelo
    Modric Kroos
    Isco Bale Ronaldo
    Jese​

17. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Messi didn't score but they have Suarez.... Rafa needs to be careful, if he continues with what he did in this game, he won't last past Christmas.

18. Zoran

Real created enough to win but Gijon defended pretty well and had some moments too. A bit scrappy overall from Real, they were not compact or together enough in the first half and lacked the ability to have better possession, sustain the pressure and create chances in a row to break them down in the second. Too eager which made them too individualistic, impatient and perhaps too quick with their final ball which created a lot of mistakes and heavy passes into the body in crowded areas rather than better combinations on shorter distance, one-two's, etc. Just forced it too much. Kroos didn't have the best of games. Too early for big judgements but those are sort of elements we remember from Rafa's home draws though he will not be happy with that general lack of control.

It's also interesting what Balague said about Ronaldo unwilling to play centrally (despite his 43 goals from 61 coming from inside the area with a lot of them being 1-touch finishes) and wanting to go back more to the left (not as a winger of course but probably having more space again to attack the box). It's like he's following Messi's circle of changing positions although for different reasons in different situations, but still. Something tells me he's a little afraid he might not score more or at least more or less the same number of goals even if he plays "closer" to the goal than Messi (who's got authority in that dressing room, but justifies it by just keeping the maximum and improving that little bit more in his new position).

OhYaBeauty likes this.
  19. kotsebotse

kotsebotse TIA New Signing

Soldado scored 1 and assisted 2 for Villareal against Espanol tonight in their 3:1 win.

20. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

To be brutally honest I thought Soldado was a good signing for Spurs and I thought he'd do well in PL.

The fact he didn't can probably be put down to two words; John Flanagan.

The best 'reducer' I've seen for about five years.

21. lfc.eddie

Ronaldo getting no love from the first two games, and he doesn't seem happy. Usually when Real had a big win, his name will be in the scoresheet at least once. This time it was James Rodriguez and Bale, both scored twice. That overhead kick and freekick bullet from Rodriguez was a beauty, and that last goal from Bale was a real screamer. If Rafa can spread those goals around, rather than relying on Ronaldo alone and still be very competitive with Barcelona, it would have been a feat on its own.

22. A True Red From NZ

A True Red From NZ True Red @atrueredfromnz

Yeah eddie I watched the highlights of the game and especially the last few goals Ronaldo just turned away and walked back rather than celebrate with his teammates. Suppose he can do what he wants really but its a bit rich when he expects it from others.

lfc.eddie likes this.
  23. cynicaloldgit

cynicaloldgit Well-Known Member

Joaquín has returned to Betis, nine years after leaving. What a player he could have been.... a real waste of talent.

24. Ataturk

Ataturk ★★★★★

Hattrick for Ronaldo in the first 20 mins vs Espanyol. What drought? 4-0 up now.

25. gingerbread

gingerbread TIA Squad Member

Have to be glad for Rafa, after the first sluggish game, his team is running riot right now

26. lfc.eddie

Former fellas did well tonight in that league, Rafa got a big win, Suarez got an assist and Torres got a goal.

27. Herb

Herb Well-Known Member

Aspas has two goals against Barca. Celta 3-0 up, the second was a beauty.

28. T.C.B

T.C.B Well-Known Member

Yes the second was a fantastic goal. Maybe its the blue kit but he doesn't look like a schoolboy playing a mans game wearing it.

29. norwegian wood

norwegian wood TIA Regular

Nice away win for Real tonight against Bilbao. Good start for Benitez.

Barca losing 4-1, that's mad. They struggled there last season, so I figured it would be difficult for them today, but that's an incredible result.

30. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

Considering how far he had to run for that goal, that was an impressively composed finish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.